Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live DVD's or VHS

pete psingpy

I don't get out much these days, so the next best thing to seeing some good keyboard live is on a "live" video. Any recommendations in the areas of jazz, prog rock, rock, boogie/blues, classical, etc? I don't really care about the style, just some good keyboard/piano/organ.

Here's one: Chick Corea VHS "Alive". I re-discovered this the other day while digging up videos for the kids. Haven't seen it in years. I was totally stunned. Put in the tape and the tune "Humpdy Dumpty" played, and I also could not believe the tightness and togetherness of the group, and the amazing playing of Dave Weckl.

Another one on DVD is Calle 54, especially Michel Camilo "From Within".

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know where I can find this "live scenes of new york" DVD of Dream theater with Jordan Rudess? I have been looking for it (in the stores and on the web) for the past several weeks and can't find it anywhere.

I am probably also interested in the other 8 DVD (i think there are 9 DVDs in total) but I want to start with the one with Rudess.

Thanks

Ricko

Try Dream Theater's website www.dreamtheater.net , I think you might be able to order it through there.

You also might want to look at ELP DVD's:"Live at the Royal Alber Hall" , "The Works Tour" , and "Pictures at an Exibition". Great looks at Emerson at various points in his career.

There are no stupid questions but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots!

Archived