Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soft synth question

Carlito

Hi guys and gals.

Last night I downloaded the Demo version of Seer Systems Reality, and was very impressed with the variety and quality of the sounds.

Here's my question : Are there any other choices for a simple,yet good sounding software with a variety of synth types and tons of sounds to choose from?

Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darkon the Incandescent:

Native Instruments FM7 is a nice easy one to use. Or you can try the Absynth demo from Native Instruments and see how you like that one :)

Darkon

I'll put a vote in for FM7 to cover DX-7 & FM sounds. I would like to second Reason. B4 is great for Hammond stuff & EVP73 covers the Rhodes beautifully. If you are a Logic person, you can get the fleshed out version, EVP88, because it has Wurlitzer's, also nicely done. If you like to do Rhodes, Wurlitzer's but don't do Logic, there's Lounge Lizard. There's freeware Clavinet that is bang on, Ticky Clav. Here's the link http://bigtick.pastnotecut.org/index.php?action=PROD&pcode=120 I can't believe it's still free! For analog synth sounds you might as well get Reason & benefit from everything else it does. You use the Rewire feature to marry it up with your sequencer of choice or just use the sequencer in Reason. Reason is an incredible value, works nice & smooth. Stock Sounds are very good to excellent with lots of refils around so you can make it bigger & better. If it did audio, I'd switch & make it my main sequencer.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Atmosphere.

If you want simple, quality and a variety of sounds this is one hard to beat. I was trying to figure out why Atmosphere was fitting so well in some of my mixes and I believe it's that most of the Atmosphere sounds are true stereo samples. They are often fairly complex, detailed sounds, the kind that take tremendous effort to create initially. VAs and ROMplers are mostly mono, and then use chorusing, layering, etc to create the illusion of stereo. Not the same thing.

Anyway, beautiful stuff.

Busch.

Archived