Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VH1 Diva Duets...Stevie Wonder!

daBowsa

Did anyone catch VH1's Diva Duest? They end with a tribute to Stevie Wonder where he sits in the middle of the stage and various "Divas" come up and sing a verse and a chorus of all his hits.

He's playing a Motif 8 and Horner D6 on one of those Quiklok Z stands. It looks like he's running into a little Behringer mixer mounted on the Motif. There was also a little stomp box on the clav, but I couldn't see what it was - most likely an auto-wah because there was wah on the clav, but all he had for pedals was a sustain fro the Motif.

I just thought it was interesting that even the big boys replace their Rhodes with the Yamaha EP's, but Stevie's signature clavinet lines still require the real thing.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dabowsa:

I just thought it was interesting that even the big boys replace their Rhodes with the Yamaha EP's, but Stevie's signature clavinet lines still require the real thing.

I never played or carried a clavinet. What's the weight of that funky monster?

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

I caught a bit of this segment too. Was it Mary J. Blige who was hideously off key? Well, at least you know she wasn't lip synching. Hey, some of very favorite singers struggle mightily with pitch, but they don't call themselves Divas!

The keyboard player in the backing band: I saw the camera pan over his rig once and all I could make out for sure was the unmistakable Red of a Nord Lead.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Yes, that seemed to be a bad song choice for Mary - either out of her range or out of her league. How about Queen Latifah singing ? I was impressed by that!

I saw the red keyboard and wondered if it was a Lead or an Electro... It looked like everyone was playing Tritons.

Oops, double post.

How come the little edit icon says "Edit/Delete Post" and the tag at the top of the edit window says "only registered users may edit/delete" but there's no facility to actually DELETE a post?

Archived