Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great.. I think the tweeter in my Monitor 1 is shot.. what now?

Rod S

I get this `scratchy hum` when I play them above a certain level...

Anybody has had any experience repairing this? What should I look for when buying a replacement tweeter from another brand? I'm willing to cope with `average` performance for the time being.. I use these things daily for practicing and I hate practicing thru headphones.

I knew this was going to happen soon (they are about 8 years old, anyways), but I really don`t want to ( and actually don't have any to) invest money on a new pair now.

The alesis rep was freaking useless (surprise, surprise - not because it's alesis, but becuase they are a dealer/rep).

Any words of wisdom? ;)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rod S:

The alesis rep was freaking useless (surprise, surprise - not because it's alesis, but becuase they are a dealer/rep).

You contacted Habro? They're good guys - they should be able to help you. Ask for Alec Haiat - tell him I sent you.

Besides that. I could always suggest a better brand of monitors... ;):D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Well, I finally managed to get a reply for Habro... they offered to 'recondition' my tweeters. Whatever that means. I'm going to try to get in touch with their local rep and speak to him directly.

Jeff, do you have any idea if I can use off-brand ones, and which ones? I have a feeling I'm going to be charged an arm and a leg.

Worse comes to worse, I may get a buddy of mine to order one from Alesis in the US and have someone bring it over for me... as ridiculous as this seems.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Besides that. I could always suggest a better brand of monitors... ;):D

Ohh.. don't get me started. :mad::cool::D Outta my price range, in any case, as much as I would love to have them.

I actually do plan to get new ones... I know I need them. The alesis have served me well, though.. can't complain.

MBP-LOGIC

Archived