Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha Motif?

I have always been more of a studio bum than anything else on these forums, but have recently been looking into purchasing a workstation or synth to use for sequencing, recording, and live performing situations. Of course I have been looking mostly at Korg and Roland products, but this weekend I was introduced to a new product called the Yamaha Motif, which seemed to have many interesting features. I liked the functionality with the USB port, the Smart Media Card, the digital optical port, and a few other things. I am wondering if anyone here has used it and has any opinions relating to the sound, functionality, and performance of any of these new Yamaha products. I sat at it for 20 minutes and was pretty impressed, but I really am looking for something that will last and is a good product, with pro quality.

Thanks

Dave

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Motif is a good choice in my opinion . Great piano sounds and the drum tracks are very clean . The synth sounds are great as well . Good luck dano
www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Try the TRITON. It has proven itself, but buy the piano card. The internal piano sounds aren't that great in my opinion. Besides, if there's a power outage, which you WILL encounter if you haven't already playing live, it takes WAYYYYYYYYY too long to load the sounds up( well, at least it did on the one I demoed in the music store). My B3 is bad enough.

------------------

Darrell

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

Archived