Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#781284 - 08/05/06 03:05 AM Should You Ever Pay A "Song Plugger"
tributerry Offline

Loc: West New York
I was going to send some music to the folks at the website shown below thinking they were publishers, but when I read their website thoroughly I saw that they are "song pluggers" who charge $150/month just to plug (pitch) one song to "Record Labels, A&R persons, Producers, Artists and Managers".

My question: Is this normal to pay someone so much to do this? Are these guys publishers? I can't find anything on their site that says they are, but isn't "song plugging" one of the duties of a publisher? And don't publishers usually do song plugging for free, or even pay songwriters in the form of an advance?

Their website is http://www.jimandjoe.com/index.php. Most of the pertinent info can be found by clicking on the tab at the top that says Services and the tab on the side that says rates.

Thanks in advance for your time. \:\)

Terry

#781285 - 08/05/06 02:21 PM Re: Should You Ever Pay A "Song Plugger"
tributerry Offline

Loc: West New York
I just found out from someone else that this is actually a reasonable fee. I think I was confusing song pluggers with publishers.

Terry