Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#769815 - 08/08/01 04:56 PM Dwight Yokum's drummer ... Jim Christie!
djarrett Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Nashville,TN,UNITED STATES
I've had the great pleasure of knowing Jim Christie for almost 10 years now. I initially set him up with a Mapex endorsement ... and then with Slingerland. (he is now with TAMA). I had never, however, had the pleasure of seeing him play live.
Last night I did at the Ryman! WOW!
This is a great show. I have to say that I was greatly surprised at just how entertaining Dwight's show is. These boys swing and rock!

If you get a chance ... and the show is coming to a town near you ... do yourself a favor and go. You will be thoroughly entertained and get to see a tremendous drummer as a bonus!

Thanks, Jim!

DJ

#769816 - 08/08/01 05:10 PM Re: Dwight Yokum's drummer ... Jim Christie!
Steve LeBlanc Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA,UNITED STATES
I've seen Dwight's band many times and have opened for him with a different band. I agree those guys are fantastic...Bakersfield Country Baby!

My Dad was one of the originators of that style...he played with Buck Owens and a bunch of other guys back in 60s Bakersfield.

Anyone who hasn't had the chance to check out Dwight Yoakam's show is really missing out...they jam.