Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

lost 6db burning CD

Finally finished the "project" and burned the cd but it plays at 6 to 8 db lower than the track. Levels are all at unity and other cd's play back at higher volume. Using Sonar, P4, Mackie 8Bus, Frontier Dakota. Any ideas?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, using Sonar, a Panasonic DA7, and Frontier Dakota, I can make CDs so hot they melt loudspeakers. So, more data is needed... * Did you burn the CD in a computer or using something like Masterlink? * Did you go into it via analog or digital? * What track are you comparing it too? * When you say other CDs play louder, do you mean commercially-available CDs, or other CDs you've cut? * Did you use any mastering software or mastering processors? * Is the AVERAGE level 6-8 dB below, or are the PEAKS that far down?

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Well, using Sonar, a Panasonic DA7, and Frontier Dakota, I can make CDs so hot they melt loudspeakers. So, more data is needed... * Did you burn the CD in a computer or using something like Masterlink? * Did you go into it via analog or digital? * What track are you comparing it too? * When you say other CDs play louder, do you mean commercially-available CDs, or other CDs you've cut? * Did you use any mastering software or mastering processors? * Is the AVERAGE level 6-8 dB below, or are the PEAKS that far down?[/b][/quote] I burned it in my pc (Dell Dimension 8100) LG CD-RW CED-8080B burner. From Sonar I exported the stereo track (master) to wav file then used the cd burner software to burn the cd. Compared to Sonar stereo track OR commercially available cds I'm getting 6 to 8 db lower level. Playing the cds through the 2track input and playing the Sonar track through 2 channels of the 8Bus w/no EQ and channel level and master level at unity. Used only FX etc. that came with Sonar. These are average levels, not peaks. thanks

Archived