Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2 questions, 1 sequencing , 1 midi...(ASR-10)

what's up folks, this is my first post on the board. I'm 100% self taught in both the technical and musical aspects of the industry so some terminology may fly right over my head. Anyhow, here's the problems, (actually their inter related, almost 1 problem.) I have an ASR-10 synth/sampler that I'm working with, but for the music I do a lot of times there just arn't enough "voices", (or whatever the term is,) to go around- when the music gets complex some sounds go undercover. So I need to record the various tracks independently onto my computer hard drive, and then re-sync them back up. I use Cooledit mostly for my recording since I do all my work on board the ASR, but I would like to start using either Cakewalk or Cubase (I have both,) for more freedom, for instance remixing & being able to use different effects on different tracks, but for the life of me I can't figure them (cakewalk, cubase) out. Basically I want to know if there is a feasible way to record the tracks independently, and then have one of the sequencing programs throw them back together in time. It would be a monumental struggle to do this without computer aid, I know how to do it using Cooledit but it wouldn't be worth the effort. I also don't have any midi connectivity between my ASR and the computer at this point in time, a problem I'm trying to remedy. If anyone knows a good, inexpensive midi adapter/port that works through a midi/joystick port, I'd love to hear of it and where I can find it. I'm probably going to pick up one of the "midiman" ports, as there pretty much the only one's I've seen or heard of. Thanks in advance for any help or insight you guys throw me, it is appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well if i understand what you are saying here is what i would do... first get a midi interface....this is a MUST. the midiman should work. plug the midi out of the interface into the midi in of the asr10 and the midi in of the the interface into the out of the asr10. in cubase goto options> synchronization> sync out> midi clock.. and set the output to your interface. in the asr10 goto edit seq/song scroll to clock source and set it to extenral. now when you hit play in cubase the asr10 will slave to it (ie stop and start from cubase).....make sure the tempo in cubase is the same as the song on the asr10. to record audio tracks in cubase from your asr solo the track that you what to record on the asr....route the signal to your sound card...enable an audio track in cubase....hit play and record in cubase. when you are done the audio track in cubase and the rest of the tracks on your asr should play back in time..... expect that asr to crash ALOT when doing this [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] also reading the manuals is a big help. well i hope this helps a bit. have fun "fuzz"

Archived