Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:(sorry) cell phones

I was just wondering if you have to pay if someone is calling you on your cell phone from out of state, or if the time is deducted from your minutes. Sorry, but I don't know anything about cellphones, and the the people I know who do never receive out of state calls. Thanks!
"Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with". - Stevie Wonder

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes... BOTH. Most plans you have to use your airtime minutes if you recieve any calls AND you have to pay extra for out of state/ out of country incoming calls. Some plans don't charge you for long distance... but they are usually the more expensive business plans. Check the fine print. I had someone working for me once that had a Canadian mobile phone... every time he called me for 15 min it ended up being a $40 charge to me. They'll get ya any way they can.... Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Most every plan you can gat nowadays will offer free long distance. Many people, myself included, will use their cell phones exclusively for their LD calls, although I never use my home phone anyway (save for posting here because I'm too broke for DSL- blame it on the new URB I'm paying for...)
...think funky thoughts... :freak:

It just depends what type of plan you have. Most cell companies offer plans now that include free long distance whether outgoing or incoming. Like a lot of people nowadays, I make all my long distance calls from my cell phone. And yes, incoming calls use airtime minutes. But on my plan you don't get charged long distance for incoming calls! Geez.

Well, if ever get a cellphone-type device (which I may be forced to do against my will now that we are expecting a child ;) ) it will be something like the Danger Hiptop: internet access device first and cellphone second. Being able to get email or browse the Web just seems infinitely more useful to me than being able to chat on the phone :D

[quote]Originally posted by Sal Monella: [b]Well, if ever get a cellphone-type device (which I may be forced to do against my will now that we are expecting a child ;) ) it will be something like the Danger Hiptop: internet access device first and cellphone second. Being able to get email or browse the Web just seems infinitely more useful to me than being able to chat on the phone :D [/b][/quote]Yeah, I know the feeling. I didn't want to get one, but I got lost in the [b]BAD[/b] part of town on [b]Holloween night[/b] making a delivery for my "company", but luckily the ass. manager gave me his, so I eventually found my way home. But it's good because my girlfrind is away at boot camp, and once she gets my letter, she'll be able to call me anytime she can. Rock on.

The invention of the cell phone was very instrumental in enabling the phone company to claim it's used up all the numbers, so now they have to create more area codes. But, they claim that this will result in NO added charges to the consumer, and is a bald faced LIE! I used to be able to call my sister-in-law's house the next city over for no charge. At least if I was keeping under 400 calls. NOW, the next city over is in a different area code, and a TOLL call! AND a charge! Now, whenever I use the phone, cell phone or regular, I save them time and bend over while I'm dialing. Hey, Patrick! What kind of boot camp is your girlfriend in? Military? Or the kind for incorrigable felons? Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I find this so amazing. You guys get your free internet dialup connection.... whereas we euro-heads pay painfully every minute of our dialup calls... ...and we cringe and think "America, the land of FREE", and grit our teeth to our internet bills... ...and then you guys have to *pay* for *incoming* cell calls? BWAHAHAHAHA ;) Makes me happy to be Swedish again. This is completely and utterly unheard of east of the atlantic. /Z

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]I've neve heard of paying to take a call before! I don't pay per minute on dialup either .... wow![/b][/quote]but if your out of the country and take a phone call (at least if someone with an irish pre-pay phone takes a call in england) then they have to pay the brunt of the charges and boy is it expensive!
Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

Archived