Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Syncing Cakewalk to Roland VS1680

A friend of mine would like me to work with him on a project-he lives in New Jersey, and I live in Pennsylvania. The idea is that he will record a number of digital music tracks into his PC using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. He will then mail the CD to me where I will open it up on my computer which also has Pro Audio 9. HOWEVER: I much prefer to do my work on my Roland VS1680. Can some kind individual give me the step by step instructions to tranfer the tracks from Cakewalk over to my VS1680 and back again? For midi, I run everything thru my MOTO XT. Thank for your help.

Taylor K65CE

Froggy Bottom F-12

Martin D-41

Huss & Dalton OM Custom

Charis SJ Brazilian/Red Western Cedar

Taylor XXX-BE

'59 Les Paul Reissue

Peter Frampton Les Paul

'62 Jazz Bass Reissue

Gibson J-160e

Hofner '62 Bass

Ric 350V63

Ric 360v64/12

Ric 4001VP Fireglo

Gretsch '62 Tennessean Rose

Grtesch '62 County Gentleman SP

Epi John Lennon Revolution

Godin Mlutiac

Anderson Hollow Classic Drop Top Custom

PRS Custom 22 10 Top

G&L ASAT Classic

G&L Comanche Butterscoth Flame

'57 Fender Strat Reissue

Eric Clapton Strat

40th Anniv. Fender Start

'76 Strat

'61 SG Reissue

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Dan Kleiner: [b]A friend of mine would like me to work with him on a project-he lives in New Jersey, and I live in Pennsylvania. The idea is that he will record a number of digital music tracks into his PC using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. He will then mail the CD to me where I will open it up on my computer which also has Pro Audio 9. HOWEVER: I much prefer to do my work on my Roland VS1680. Can some kind individual give me the step by step instructions to tranfer the tracks from Cakewalk over to my VS1680 and back again? For midi, I run everything thru my MOTO XT. Thank for your help.[/b][/quote] Well, It's a little confusing from your post as to what you will be transfering. Are "digital music tracks" audio files or Midi files? In any case, assuming you are transfering audio tracks, you want to sync up both machines. I would say that the easiest way to accomplish this is with MMC (Midi Machine Control), which basically lets you control the transport of one machine with another. First, press "System" (F5) then "Midi" (F4) on your 1680. Set MMC to Master (if it isnt there already).Then make sure that in cakewalk, the transport is set to slave. Connect your Midi out on the 1680 to the Midi in of Cakewalk. The transports should be linked, and you are ready to record on the 1680. If you are interested in a digital transfer, you can only do two tracks at a time scince the 1680 only has one stereo input available for use. This would involve connecting a digital cable from cakewalk's out to the 1680's in. you would have to go back a few times if you have a number of tracks, which shouldn't be a problem if you are properly sync'd.If you arent interested in the hassle, just bounce analog going from your cakewalk outs to the 1680's ins.If you cant output more than a stereo mix from cakewalk, you will have to do what I mentioned before - after one pass, go back and record another (and so on...) Hope this does the trick! --Sruly-- ------------------

Archived