Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

microKorg - anyone had a play

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
[quote]Originally posted by nursers: [b]Anyone had a play with it? [/b][/quote]No, not me.If those kids above could talk,maybe they can tell you :D !!Anyway,I found a small thread concerning this synth at KVR-VST here [url=http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23765]www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23765[/url]
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I played one very briefly at a friend's house and it was very nice. The vocoder is really cool. The keyboard is pretty small but useful. The knobs had nice control over the sounds, responsiveness was good. Only really got to hear a fraction of the sounds, but they were nice rich VA type stuff. I'm still happy with my MicroQ though ;)

I've got a MicroKORG. It's a fun little beast. Good sounds, and (with the help of the FREE, yet cheezy, editor software) it is capable of making some new sounds. It's pretty much targeting the genres of techno, dance, hip-hop, and the like - but it can easily go into other areas. I've found that it sounds good, is useful, battery powered, and makes a decent little MIDI controller for soft synths on my laptop. Best of all it's less than $400. Will it replace more sophisticated units (like the Nords, Virus, Novations, Rolands)? No. But it sure is nice to have around! Michael Oster [url=http://www.F7sound.com]F7 Sound and Vision[/url]

I picked one up a couple weeks ago on a lark. It definitely has some useful sounds, and the programmability is good. The vocoder is a nice addition, and it gets nicer when you realize you can plug anything you want through it via the 2 inputs on the back. The tiny little keys bug the heck out of me, though - fortunately I have a couple of MIDI controllers sitting around doing nothing (until now, that is :D ). Scott

Archived