Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is George W. stupid?

I just saw your president on Dutch television. He is in N.Y. and says to the people: "and the people who destroyed these buildings will hear from us too", or something like that. I am astonished, shouldn't he have said: "and the people who killed all those innocent man, women and children will hear from us"??? (and who are 'these people' anyway??) The news on our TV told there is probably going to be an attack on Afghanistan tonight. Do you guys think this is a clever move? IMO this is going to be ten times worse than Vietnam, ask the Russians. I am still very afraid.
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. Sign, unfortunately you are a victom of your television media. Our president is very strong in light of all this. The fact that he was even in NY is a sign of that. There is no bombing of Afghanistan tonight, tommorow or in a year from now. Please relax, and don't spread negative propaganda. You are spreading diluted, mis-interpeted hype.

And.... just because a person isn't good at public speaking doesn't mean he's not intelligent. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] ------------------ William F. Turner Songwriter [url=http://www.csonline.net/wfturner/index.html]turnermusic[/url]

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

>>I hope you guys are right. I am still very scared.<< Scared is understandable. Just gotta kind of hope and pray for the "right" part. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] ------------------ William F. Turner Songwriter [url=http://www.csonline.net/wfturner/index.html]turnermusic[/url]

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

No, Bush is NOT a stupid man by any means... and his speech-writers are VERY careful about what he says, or (more importantly) DOESN'T say. If you paid any attention to the speech, you would realize that he was trying to lift the spirits of those to whom he spoke. I would bet that he intentionally avoided mentioning the massive loss of life. It would have been counter-productive at the very least.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Thank you GuitarMan, I can't help it, but when I saw this president of yours tonight on our TV, he didn,t appear like a very wise man to me, but more like a boy scout leader. I'm sorry to say, but it looked like a movie. And William, I am afraid something very bad is going to happen and I sinceraly hope I am wrong, but deep inside something tells me I'm not. Rodney, I hope you are right also. Peace.
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Geo is the Figurehead for our Govt, and I'm behind my govt..but, I could look into the eyes of Clinton for example and see the burning intelligence..Whatever you thought of him personally. I don't see that in George Bush so sorry about that..But I wouldn't worry because his advisors and other powerbrokers are in charge anyway. They have always been..His is their boy. God Bless America

Sean Michael Mormelo

www.seanmmormelo.com

Dubya is the worst public speaker ever elected, however he can still be a good leader. I did not vote for him, but I give him my support now. He is not as educated or experienced as most previous presidents, however he has some of the best people our country has to offer helping him...ie. Colon Powell.
Heeeeeere kitty kitty kitty

[quote]Originally posted by sign: [b]Thank you GuitarMan, I can't help it, but when I saw this president of yours tonight on our TV, he didn,t appear like a very wise man to me, but more like a boy scout leader. I'm sorry to say, but it looked like a movie. And William, I am afraid something very bad is going to happen and I sinceraly hope I am wrong, but deep inside something tells me I'm not. Rodney, I hope you are right also. Peace.[/b][/quote] Sign, Hey, thanks, man. I can't tell you what it means to us right now in the U.S. to read these posts of support and caring from abroad. The cunning insight you provide to us is a welcome relief to the days of endless propaganda we receive here at home. We'll be sure to watch for further signs of stupidity, failing to look like a wise man, and impersonating a boy scout leader from our president in the days to come. Perhaps with further encouragement from yourself and others like you, enough of a ground swell might be created to recall the man from office. Mark ------------------ http://www.broadjam.com/artistprofile/artistindex.asp?artistID=936 or listen at... http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/294/mark_coming_project.html

[quote]Originally posted by AmadMozart: [b] Sign, We'll be sure to watch for further signs of stupidity, failing to look like a wise man, and impersonating a boy scout leader from our president in the days to come. Perhaps with further encouragement from yourself and others like you, enough of a ground swell might be created to recall the man from office. Mark [/b][/quote] Mark, Hey, man, don't you need to get back to swindling some of the victims or setting up a false donation website or some other equally useful activity as your post? No regards, Brian Tankersley

Oh, Jesus Christ already. Can everybody just stop bitching?!! All this shit you guys are spouting off is a reflection of what's going on on the streets. Inocent people in this country are being attacked just because they LOOK like they MIGHT be Islam. So many have them have just as much contempt for the people who did this as any other American. Everybody knows Bush is no genius. But he is what we have. I didn't vote for him. I don't care for him even now. But he is WHAT WE HAVE. Here. Direct your animosity in the direction of this kind of shit, not each other.. [url=http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m/dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010914/us/attacks_robertson_falwell_1.html]see this URL.[/url]

[quote]Originally posted by sventvkg: [b]Geo is the Figurehead for our Govt, and I'm behind my govt..but, I could look into the eyes of Clinton for example and see the burning intelligence..Whatever you thought of him personally. I don't see that in George Bush so sorry about that..But I wouldn't worry because his advisors and other powerbrokers are in charge anyway. They have always been..His is their boy. God Bless America[/b][/quote] We saw Bill Clinton in N.Y. on Dutch TV yesterday, a woman crying on his chest, his arm around her shoulder. Someone asked him: what would you do as a president? And Bill answered: I am not your president, I am a citizen like you are and I support my president.

[quote]Originally posted by sign: [b]I just saw your president on Dutch television. He is in N.Y. and says to the people: "and the people who destroyed these buildings will hear from us too", or something like that. I am astonished, shouldn't he have said: "and the people who killed all those innocent man, women and children will hear from us"??? (and who are 'these people' anyway??) The news on our TV told there is probably going to be an attack on Afghanistan tonight. Do you guys think this is a clever move? IMO this is going to be ten times worse than Vietnam, ask the Russians. I am still very afraid. [/b][/quote] How dare you to question the I.Q. of George W. Bush??? Who the hell do you think you are??? Stupid??? Of course that S.O.B. (Son Of a Bush, etc...) is STUPID!!! But much more stupid is the folk that accepted a president coming out of a election corrupted as hell!!! Do the american people ever thought that if a human was elected president, in place of this excuse of a man, that the WTC maybe still would be on his feet, and that maybe, all that people still be alive? This SHIT of a president is going to destroy this world! But one thing is sure. The people that will survive will get even, and show AMERICA and their friends from ISRAEL that they are NOT the kings of this planet. America can now sing GOD IS WITH US but they will want the time that Bill Clinton, with or without cigar, was their president! Begrijp je het? [img]http://losangeles.vietmedia.com/wanna_be/tF/bushed.jpg[/img] This message has been edited by Lusitano Vagabundo on 09-15-2001 at 09:17 PM

I am proud of some of the more mature posters in this thread. Those who didn't vote for GW but stand behind him. I'm not sure what people call stupid. Stupid people don't become President of the free world. Don't be fooled by his strange calm in all this either. It's a poker face. Those Arabs have got to be getting a little nervous about now.

[quote]Originally posted by Lusitano Vagabundo: [b]Do the american people ever thought that if a human was elected president, in place of this excuse of a man, that the WTC maybe still would be on his feet, and that maybe, all that people still be alive?[/b][/quote] Are you actually suggesting that these attacks are the direct result of Bush being president? Your ignorance is overwhelming! Pull your head out of your ass and take a look around once in a while.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

[quote]Originally posted by gbtank@home.com: [b] Mark, Hey, man, don't you need to get back to swindling some of the victims or setting up a false donation website or some other equally useful activity as your post? No regards, Brian Tankersley[/b][/quote] Uh...hmmm...you did know that was sarcasm, right....I mean you didn't take it out of context and actually believe I was calling for a recall of our president did you? Brian....right? Cheers, Mark ------------------ http://www.broadjam.com/artistprofile/artistindex.asp?artistID=936 or listen at... http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/294/mark_coming_project.html

Registered: Oct 2000 posted 09-15-2001 09:35 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by Lusitano Vagabundo: Do the american people ever thought that if a human was elected president, in place of this excuse of a man, that the WTC maybe still would be on his feet, and that maybe, all that people still be alive? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Quote Scott: Are you actually suggesting that these attacks are the direct result of Bush being president? Your ignorance is overwhelming! Pull your head out of your ass and take a look around once in a while. Spash some water in your face and wake up! Any man(I use the term loosely) that would cheat and lie like he did to win an election could be capable of anything... check out a movie called "The Tail Wagging The Dog" George Bush is an asshole who doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything except for his own hide and a few of the wealthiest interests, corporations etc... He doesn't give a good god damn about the average man and probably hates the common man! As an American he is an embarrasment. This message has been edited by GuitarMan on 09-15-2001 at 10:02 PM

I'm not a fan of George Bush. But when I think of the pressures and emotions that are swirling around him right now, I must give credit where credit is due. His calm, measured demeanor has helped set a tone for the entire country. And to the credit of the country, they've picked up on it. I believe Bush is trying his damnedest to do the right thing. He knows that this goes beyond Republican vs Democrat, liberal vs conservative. He has been dealt a horrifying hand -- one that could have been dealt to any president -- and he doesn't want to let us down. I don't think it's a matter of "looking out for his legacy." He knows he's in a position where he needs to come through for the good of society, not just for some corporate interests or a particular political bloc. This is a crisis that goes way beyond what to do about social security. I understand the European view of the US, which is in many ways more balanced and informed that what we get here. And when things return to semi-normal and the "drill and spill" energy policy gets back in the limelight, I'll be on his case. But we are in an unprecedented situation. There are many more miles to go, and with every move magnified a million times, he will make missteps. But they won't be due to lack of trying. I'm not a rah-rah kinda guy. Still, Bush has my full support -- maybe not always for his policies, but because in a situation like this, he needs all the support he can get and in my view, he's earned it. Fate has put him in a position of unimaginable pressure. For the sake of us all, I wish him nothing but the best in being able to cope with it.

The man appears to be an idiot, he can't string a sentance together without faltering or grasping for basic words... While catching & punishing those behind the attacks remains a priority of utmost urgency, Bush has no mandate from the rest of the world to step up to the plate with a WW3 bat. Certainly Bush will want to limit US forces casualties, that means the attacks main thrust will be 'remote control' or missile dominated. If those fuckers have had a few days head start to move base camps, what is left? A general population? Either way I think we can expect a showcase of every long & medium range attack device known to man used in the coming weeks. Tactical nuclear weapons, cluster bombs the whole catalog will be wheeled out and given a road test. I expect Bachman Turner Overdrive to get some large royalty cheques in about a years time. Jules

Jules

Producer Julian Standen

London, UK,

Come hang here! http://www.gearslutz.com

[quote]Originally posted by AmadMozart: [b] Uh...hmmm...you did know that was sarcasm, right....I mean you didn't take it out of context and actually believe I was calling for a recall of our president did you? Brian....right? Cheers, Mark [/b][/quote] Yes, Mark, I did take it out of context. Which just goes to show you how out of it I am emotionally. I really had no idea a national tragedy could nail me this hard on a personal level. I apologize and ask to be excused on the basis of being emotionally fried. I'm sure under normal circumstances I would have gotten it as sarcasm. Again, sorry for being a jerk. Regards, Brian T

Originally posted by Anderton: <...I'm not a rah-rah kinda guy. Still, Bush has my full support -- maybe not always for his policies, but because in a situation like this, he needs all the support he can get and in my view, he's earned it. Fate has put him in a position of unimaginable pressure. For the sake of us all, I wish him nothing but the best in being able to cope with it.> -Absolutely! Imagine the enourmous pressure that is on the Pres. right now! Shit, if I were him, I wouldn't be able to spit out a complete sentence, either! [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] There was the encouraging mass held in DC yesterday, where the priest (flame suit on)& Billy Gramm advised people to pray for heavenly guidance, for the Pres. and the people around him, to grant sane & moralistic judgement in dealing with the matters at hand. amen It was comforting to see in the service, that "they", at least consider, taking the "moral high road" when dealing with this. Let's pray they stick to it in the coming days, weeks, months. -hippie
In two days, it won't matter.

I try to be friendly normally, but I'll have to say, in reading a few of these posts, I have developed ZERO use for the lame, backseat driving, cheap-shot-from-behind-the-little-QWERTY antics of some posters at a time like this. No class, no clue, no understanding of how and why they were born into the privilege they weild like a club to criticize anyone in authority. Spoiled brats who are thankless for the fact that they have been indulged to such a degree that they had the opportunity to become spoiled in the first place. I am behind and support the people of New York. I am behind and support the vast majority of fine Americans. I am behind and support President Bush. If you think that's ignorant or corny, feel free. I can deal with it. If you disagree and think the American government and our president suck, fine. You have that right. You can carp and conspiracy theorize and psuedo intellectualize to your heart's content. I don't care. Doesn't change a thing. You gained that privilege to incessantly complain from the spilled blood of better men than you. Some of them were relatives of mine. Thanks to those nobler men, being thankless for your freedom's cost, while backstabbing your country at a time of great tragedy and great need for unity, is not illegal. It's just utterly lame. But in America, that's your right. Regards, Brian T

Archived