Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#512582 - 04/20/04 09:51 PM how do you monitor what you "insert" on soundcraft ghost?
sadworld Offline

Loc: bay city,MI,UNITED STATES
i've read and dicked around for hours now and i can't figure out how to monitor the compressor i have inserted into a channel... compressor has signal and the track is playing fine but what ever i do to the compressor there is no sonic difference.... the lights on the comp do all the right things like the board just won't monitor the insert, help?

#512583 - 04/21/04 06:27 AM Re: how do you monitor what you "insert" on soundcraft ghost?
Frost Offline

Loc: Chicago,IL,UNITED STATES
Do you have the insert cables wired correctly, the TRS insert is backward of how most people expect it. Its Ring send, tip return, sleeve ground. Opposite mackie.
Frost

#512584 - 04/21/04 06:28 AM Re: how do you monitor what you "insert" on soundcraft ghost?
Frost Offline

Loc: Chicago,IL,UNITED STATES
Do you have the insert cables wired correctly, the TRS insert is backward of how most people expect it. Its Ring send, tip return, sleeve ground. Opposite mackie.
Frost

#512585 - 04/21/04 08:39 AM Re: how do you monitor what you "insert" on soundcraft ghost?
sadworld Offline

Loc: bay city,MI,UNITED STATES
wow, i think you nailed it... they were wired for my old mackie. it's getting signal like it should though. that throws me off.... thanks, matt.