Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#512365 - 04/17/04 12:08 AM Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Loc: France

http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/

#512366 - 04/17/04 01:31 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

Loc: Riverside,CA,UNITED STATES
Sorry, but I don't get all the fuss. I like Mixerman, and I like Fletcher, and they're doing new forums. Sounds cool - especially the R/E/P forum (I loved that mag... RIP). But was this all the "ticking" was about - a couple of new forums? Don't get me wrong, that's cool and all... but IMO, MM built it up WAY too much.

Disappointing. \:\(
http://www.ssrstudio.com
http://www.philokeefe.com
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com
My New Forum on Harmony-Central

#512367 - 04/17/04 01:34 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

Now R/E/P... whew... we have some way cool shit we've been working on. We have some new moderators joining our ranks as does the MARSH. The folks joining R/E/P will be Klaus Heyne, Kevin Rose, Michael Wagener, Ross Hogarth, and George Massenburg [get the tie it... huh?, huh?]... and coming from the "recpit" will be Brad Blackwood, Harvey Gerst, John Klett, J. Hall and moi...

Oh, I see it now - GM as one of the moderators. Is that what all the fuss was about?

Does that mean we'll be saying goodbye to GM's participation here? Or will he moderate at both sites?
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

#512368 - 04/17/04 02:35 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Loc: Los Angeles,CA,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:
Sorry, but I don't get all the fuss. I like Mixerman, and I like Fletcher, and they're doing new forums. Sounds cool - especially the R/E/P forum (I loved that mag... RIP). But was this all the "ticking" was about - a couple of new forums? Don't get me wrong, that's cool and all... but IMO, MM built it up WAY too much.

Flecher wrote:

"The folks joining R/E/P will be Klaus Heyne, Kevin Rose, Michael Wagener, Ross Hogarth, and George Massenburg..."

Well, the ticking wasn't really meant for people such as yourself. In fact, I doubt this news will really affect you in the least. For others, it will be a slightly different story.

For the people it WAS meant for, they will understand why the bomb has gone off, soon enough. Technically speaking, Malice is slightly premature in his KA-BLAMMO! But for all intents and purposes, the suitcase is open, and the ticker is down to 10. The only reason that Malice even knows what the ticking is becuase he will be my bass moderator on the MARSH. He is planning on inviting many special marquis guests throughout the year that are well known for their bass playing prowress. Same goes for all the forums. Think of it like an interactive magazine.

I'm sure my ticking will all be understood soon enough. Far be it for me to clear up what George is more than capable of doing on his own. Personally, I have much work to do on the MARSH, which I'm quite high on right now. I'm looking forward to seeing all my fine friends from here, over on PSW - MARSH or otherwise.

I'll be honest. In some respects the bomb has gone off for me as well, albeit self-imposed. I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

BTW, we have very strict guidlines about outing on ProSoundWeb - which will be the number one interactive musicmaker site in the world in short order. Mark my words.

Hope you're well, Philip.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512369 - 04/17/04 03:45 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixerman:
Quote:

Flecher wrote:

"The folks joining R/E/P will be Klaus Heyne, Kevin Rose, Michael Wagener, Ross Hogarth, and George Massenburg..."

Well, the ticking wasn't really meant for people such as yourself. In fact, I doubt this news will really affect you in the least. For others, it will be a slightly different story.

For the people it WAS meant for, they will understand why the bomb has gone off, soon enough. Technically speaking, Malice is slightly premature in his KA-BLAMMO! But for all intents and purposes, the suitcase is open, and the ticker is down to 10. The only reason that Malice even knows what the ticking is becuase he will be my bass moderator on the MARSH. He is planning on inviting many special marquis guests throughout the year that are well known for their bass playing prowress. Same goes for all the forums. Think of it like an interactive magazine.

I'm sure my ticking will all be understood soon enough. Far be it for me to clear up what George is more than capable of doing on his own. Personally, I have much work to do on the MARSH, which I'm quite high on right now. I'm looking forward to seeing all my fine friends from here, over on PSW - MARSH or otherwise.

I'll be honest. In some respects the bomb has gone off for me as well, albeit self-imposed. I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

BTW, we have very strict guidlines about outing on ProSoundWeb - which will be the number one interactive musicmaker site in the world in short order. Mark my words.

Hope you're well, Philip.

Mixerman
Eric,

I'm sad to hear you say that Curve and I "won't be getting into it" with you now that you've started the coolest place on the net. I don't know who will serve as our new whipping boy around here. Who else besides you and Sir Flechulance could provide us with such unintended humor...damn, this is depressing. And yet, at the same time, I always knew you were bound for the big leagues. I am hearing strains of "I Will Always Love You" and Tim Mcgraw's "Please Remember Me" as I wipe the tears from my Mac keyboard. Damn, dude, you're hard to get over. I might even have to read that PM you sent me a few weeks ago. Most likely you were telling me again how you were going to come over with your baseball bat and show me the light.

Do you think there's any chance that my cousin Curve and I could come over to the new place and be active members? I swear, I've GOT to be part of this historic change of Internet protocol. Honestly, Eric, you were SOOOOOO right to be giving us the "tick, tick, tick" thing....gosh, you HAVE delivered. In a BIG way! Tick, tick, tick. You're KILLING me, dude!

I am so excited to be alive to see this. First, electricity, then air travel, now, MARSH. Sheeet, Eric, I knew you when...

pOPSTAr

#512370 - 04/17/04 03:57 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Zen Producing

#512371 - 04/17/04 04:28 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]Bif,

I have never, ever sent you a private or public coorespondence threatening you.

You and Curve are welcome to come by PSW any time you like.

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Eric,

Our relationship isn't what it used to be...when you were just an aspiring engineer...you know...before you became a cultural phenom. You used to send me those suggestive PM's...things like:

"I want a call from you, and an appology. I deserve that. If I don't get a call from you, I'll just visit you personally, tomorrow, and everyday after until I see you."

That one tore me apart...but by the way, there is only one p in the word "apology".

Eric, how come you never stopped by?

If our time is over, I'll be re-living these moments and so many more just like them over and over in my head. Honestly, I don't know what I'll do without you. Thanks for the invite to the new site. Curve and I will most likely visit you often there.

PoPSTar

#512372 - 04/17/04 05:24 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
iomegaman Offline

Loc: Return to Top
Quote:
Originally posted by popstar:

PoPSTar
Dude I have a song for ya, hope you like it...

Grand Delusion

#512373 - 04/17/04 05:41 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mixerman:
[qb][QUOTE]

If our time is over, I'll be re-living these moments and so many more just like them over and over in my head. Honestly, I don't know what I'll do without you. Thanks for the invite to the new site. Curve and I will most likely visit you often there. There is little chance that either of us will be able to abstain. It would kill me to give you up...

PoPSTar
I'm counting on it.

Those don't look like threats to me, Bif. I don't read anything about baseball bats, or beating you up, or anything like that. I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512374 - 04/17/04 06:03 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
axis Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Denmark
ét al,

Congrats on the new forum..Looking forward to be hearing more about it in the the future, and hopfully joining myself..,-)

Kind regards

Peter

#512375 - 04/17/04 09:55 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]Those don't look like threats to me, Bif. I don't read anything about baseball bats, or beating you up, or anything like that. I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Eric, well, I AM glad that we all finally know what the tick...tick...tick is all about. I'm not really sure that it was all that you had cracked it up to be, but that's just my opinion. I mean, come on...do YOU really think it was worth all that tick, tick stuff? Really?

Still, in the spirit of the Donald, I do wish you the best with it. Starting a new direction is a good thing, gives you a new lease on life, gives you hope, inspiration, motivation. If it gives you any of these things, I'll be happy for you. May both you and Sir Fletch have a great time with it.

popSTaR

#512376 - 04/17/04 01:09 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Harvey Gerst Offline

Loc: Sanger, Texas, U.S.
Geez, and all this time, I thought the "tick...tick...tick" was just headphone bleed from the click track.

#512377 - 04/17/04 05:24 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

Loc: chicago,IL,UNITED STATES
if GM is leaving, what i don't understand is why he would allow
such a controversial Internet jack ass to act out the way he has here, and then leave to join that same jack asses forum.

that would mean george has no class, which i have to assume is not the case.

what's up with this george?

this doesn't seem like a professional way for you to exit eq.

#512378 - 04/17/04 06:04 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Harvey Gerst Offline

If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. And whatever George wants to do is his own business, not mine or anybody else's business.

"George has no class"? Gimme a fuckin' break. When any of us have achieved 1/4 of what George has accomplished in his life, maybe we'll be fit to judge or advise him. Till then, I'm comfortable with letting George do whatever the hell he wants to do, anyway he wants to do it.

If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. It serves no purpose.

#512379 - 04/17/04 06:13 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robocop:
if GM is leaving, what i don't understand is why he would allow
such a controversial Internet jack ass to act out the way he has here, and then leave to join that same jack asses forum.

that would mean george has no class, which i have to assume is not the case.

what's up with this george?

Robo,

you are aware of the "naked king" fable ?

You are pointing what you believe is a jackass ...

I do see a Jackass right now, pointing someone I like and respect

have a good day

malice

#512380 - 04/17/04 06:25 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
NoisyBoy Offline

Loc: LA, USA
All I can say is that if the new forum has any more of this personal weinie-fest garbage on it, I'll be avoiding that one too.

Get a FREAKIN' LIFE you guys.

#512381 - 04/17/04 06:26 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Gtoledo3 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Tampa,FL,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Harvey Gerst:
If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. And whatever George wants to do is his own business, not mine or anybody else's business.

"George has no class"? Gimme a fuckin' break. When any of us have achieved 1/4 of what George has accomplished in his life, maybe we'll be fit to judge or advise him. Till then, I'm comfortable with letting George do whatever the hell he wants to do, anyway he wants to do it.

If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. It serves no purpose.
Hmmm, I take robocop's comment as more like "when you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

#512382 - 04/17/04 06:52 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NoisyBoy:
All I can say is that if the new forum has any more of this personal weinie-fest garbage on it, I'll be avoiding that one too.

Get a FREAKIN' LIFE you guys.
Indeed.

Perhaps this is precisely why the ticking is so signifigant.

I'm done now. Really.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512383 - 04/17/04 07:04 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

"Perhaps this is precisely why the ticking is so signifigant."

oh what a crock of shit that is.

and your swimming in it MM.

you filled the pot and now your flushing it.

your hypocrisy knows no boundary's.

------------------------------------------------------
"when you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

Gtoledo3

#512384 - 04/17/04 10:06 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Loco Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Miami Beach,FL,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobocop:
Yeah, Bobocop. Because you act like a Pro. Now you can get your own forum with Curse, ExaTroll, Cockstar, Hunchman, Johny Bush, Shermanator and all those regular flamethrowers.

As for the ticking.... too much marketing for such a small deal.

And the fleas that bite you come from rats, not dogs.

Now, where's my asbesto suit?

#512385 - 04/18/04 12:17 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Loco:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobocop:
Yeah, Bobocop. Because you act like a Pro. Now you can get your own forum with Curse, ExaTroll, Cockstar, Hunchman, Johny Bush, Shermanator and all those regular flamethrowers.

And the fleas that bite you come from rats, not dogs.

Now, where's my asbesto suit?
Locs,

Come on...cut a brother a break. I originally popped in here to counter the anti-Digi hogwash that MM and Fletch were continually spewing forth. I wanted above all else to let the newbies up here that the actual music industry (something that gear salesmen and forum moderators don't always know about) was nearly totally a ProTools world. And largely, through our perseverance, we've succeeded in keeping their clueless posturing on that topic to a minimum.

You'll notice that I'm not up here flaming all sorts of people. Actually, I think I was the first to publicly congrat you on your recent Grammy nom. I'm actually happy to see others do well. I'd even be happy to see MM or Fletcher do well as long as they didn't use baseless (hey, I guess I should say BASS-less, get it?) product-flaming to get attention.

And of course, I'm always happy to see you do well, because you're hanging with Missy E. and that gang. And I have MUCH respect for all that. Big up.

PopSTAR

#512386 - 04/18/04 12:43 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

I wanted above all else to let the newbies up here that the actual music industry (something that gear salesmen and forum moderators don't always know about) was nearly totally a ProTools world.

Well, while I'm not exactly a "newbie" and I'm not a big name, I do moderate a forum, and I do use Pro Tools - and I'm active enough to know that it's the predominant "standard"... but I also recognise that good work can be done on other platforms. To each their own - I never understood some of the gear arguments that go on. Discussions of the benefits, features, needed improvements and weaknesses of any given audio product are important, but some of these arguments go far beyond that - it's almost as though people take it as a personal attack on them if someone is using a different platform or says anything negative about gear that they own or use.

The moderator of a forum can "set the mood" and tone of the forum, but short of a pay for use service (which I don't think would be popular - look at the recording.org situation from a while back), I don't see how any site can completely eliminate flamefests, spam and trolls. All you can do is try to set a good example, foster a culture of respect, courtesy and tolerance of diversity and try to intervene when things get out of hand.

As for the "clueless" part, I leave that for others to decide. I'm too busy working, learning and trying to get better at my craft. \:\)
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

#512387 - 04/18/04 01:11 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Spring Hill, TN, US
Quote:
[QUOTE]I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

Mixerman
And then....

Quote:
[QUOTE]

I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.
Enjoy,
Mixerman
I can understand the forum transplant and I hope it goes well. Many of the other people involved are friends and I have great respect for them. So I hope it goes better than planned.

What I'm curious about is who is going to do MM's personality transplant?

MM, like a leopard you've been showing your spots for a long time on these forums. Who is going to change your spots?

Also, will you be using your real name? Would you consider calling an anonymous poster "a pathetic old man who is about to lose his business" a case of "outing?" What are those "very strict guidelines" on outing? Since I don't post anonymously (except to your forum }:-), it wouldn't affect me anyway.

#512388 - 04/18/04 01:34 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

"The moderator of a forum can "set the mood" and tone of the forum, .................................All you can do is try to set a good example, foster a culture of respect, courtesy and tolerance of diversity and try to intervene when things get out of hand."

couldn't of said it any better phil.

look at MM. he acts like a pompous ass with a total lack of "respect, courtesy and tolerance of diversity".

he moderates according to his mood swings.

GM, kinda like a country gentlemen only when needed due to some moronic ploy or something.

i don't see the fit here.

now if GM is going to this new forum, yes, that is his business
and nobody elses, but i just don't see how he would allow it to go down this way with MM leaving shit all over his old house.

GM has real integrity and credibility.

MM has zero when you consider the fact that he is only a brand name for an internet forum. he is obviously afraid to let his real identity be known or confirmed. he can very easily throw shit around about digidesign and mix mag alot easier as MM then who he really is.

there is always an angle with this fake. i mean look at the facts, he and flecther have an audio internet forum where they are constantly dissing digi to all thier forum members, as well as competing forums, while extolling the greatness of radar and the db2.

well guess who sells radar and the db2?

mercenary.

these guys are on the opposite side of the street.

so why is it any different?

#512389 - 04/18/04 01:39 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[qb]Well, while I'm not exactly a "newbie" and I'm not be a big name, I do moderate a forum, and I do use Pro Tools
Philip,

I was only referring to moderators named Mixerman. I don't have ANY problem with anyone using ANY format, as long as they don't try to convince anyone else that such and such a format is or is not popular among professionals.

ps

#512390 - 04/18/04 01:46 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 3D Audio:
Quote:
[QUOTE]I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

Mixerman
And then....

Quote:
[QUOTE]

I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.
Enjoy,
Mixerman
I can understand the forum transplant and I hope it goes well. Many of the other people involved are friends and I have great respect for them. So I hope it goes better than planned.

What I'm curious about is who is going to do MM's personality transplant?

Also, will you be using your real name? Would you consider calling an anonymous poster "a pathetic old man who is about to lose his business" a case of "outing?" What are those "very strict guidelines" on outing? Since I don't post anonymously (except to your forum }:-), it wouldn't affect me anyway.
Lynn,

I can't wait to try the old "strict guidelines on outing" up at MM's forum. That should really be entertainment!

ps

#512391 - 04/18/04 01:55 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

For what it's worth, I still don't know who the "outed" Popstar is. And MM actually called and told me himself who he was. So "outing" is not an issue for me. I do appreciate the chance to know who a poster is so you can evaluate their credibility.

"I don't want to be bothered by people who know who I really am."

Those with serious credentials don't need to hide behind pseudonyms. George Massenburg, Michael Wagener. Look up their allmusic.com discographies and see what they have to hide.

This is not directed at any individual, but if these guys can post under their real names, I think the argument mentioned above falls flat.

Take off the mask and show your real face. Unless you have too much to hide.

#512392 - 04/18/04 01:59 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
he and flecther have an audio internet forum where they are constantly dissing digi to all thier forum members, as well as competing forums, while extolling the greatness of radar and the db2.

well guess who sells radar and the db2?

mercenary.
That's what I get the biggest charge out of...the two of them are like Carnival barkers trying to cheat the innocents out of their money. To think that Fletch would so openly diss the lines he doesn't carry just to make a buck. Damn, that's desparate.

But hey, I hope for their success...

ps

#512393 - 04/18/04 02:11 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Loco:

Not for the resident trolls. They seem to be getting VERY upset. I think
Mixerman is probably saying that the party's over for these guys.

From what I understand of the new REP, I think he's right.

Malice

#512394 - 04/18/04 02:13 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

[crunch, crunch, crunch]

This is great stuff guys!

Get in your licks while you can. This is the greatest bunch of Mixerman haters (and followers) ever assembled.

Hey Lynn, thanks for letting everyone know that even YOU can't stay away from the Mixerman forum. I mean, that's just fantastic. I'm going to call my Mom!

Love ya Robo!

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512395 - 04/18/04 02:20 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

...the two of them are like Carnival barkers trying to cheat the innocents out of their money. To think that Fletch would so openly diss the lines he doesn't carry just to make a buck. Damn, that's desparate.

Popstar, I think that's unfair and going too far. While I can see your point regarding Fletcher dissing products he doesn't carry, that doesn't have to mean that he does so out of spite or just to make a buck. Not that there's anything wrong with making a buck, as long as one does so in an honorable manner.

But isn't it also possible that he doesn't carry products he doesn't like by choice? While I admit each is possible, neither "has" to be the "correct" answer. Unless you know something about the subject that I don't.

But as far as cheating the "innocents out of their money", I don't believe that's a fair assessment. At least from my experience with purchases made from Mercenary, Fletcher has always been fair, and has gone out of his way with his time to be helpful to me.

As far as the PT thing, no worries - I didn't think you were addressng that to me. I was just offering my observations and comments to the discussion.

And as far as GM's credibility, class, experience and accomplishments, I have nothing but the utmost respect for him. I wish him only the best - no matter where life takes him.
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

#512396 - 04/18/04 02:52 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[crunch, crunch, crunch]

Get in your licks while you can. This is the greatest bunch of Mixerman haters (and followers) ever assembled.

Hey Lynn, thanks for letting everyone know that even YOU can't stay away from the Mixerman forum. I mean, that's just fantastic. I'm going to call my Mom!

Love ya Robo!

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Eric,

Why do you think we're doing this? It's only to draw you back and apparently it's working!

By the way, I guess my VERY FIRST guess on what the tick, tick was all about was RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Dude, you're so predictable...

Best,

popSTAR

#512397 - 04/18/04 02:55 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
[Hey Lynn, thanks for letting everyone know that even YOU can't stay away from the Mixerman forum. I mean, that's just fantastic. I'm going to call my Mom!
I'm sure your Mom will be impressed.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my posting and reading days at your forum ended over two years ago. So tell her not to be too impressed.

You wrote:

I'll be honest. In some respects the bomb has gone off for me as well, albeit self-imposed. I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances.

So when does the new "kinder, gentler" MM make his debut? Or is he reserved for your new forum?

You also wrote:

I'm done now. Really.

But you aren't done. Really.

You just can't stay away from here, can you? Even though you have stated your intentions and attention will be elsewhere. You're still here with your old persona and snappy comebacks.

How 'bout them spots?

#512398 - 04/18/04 03:51 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[crunch, crunch, crunch]

Love ya Robo!

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Eric,

Why do you think we're doing this? It's only to draw you back and apparently it's working!

By the way, I guess my VERY FIRST guess on what the tick, tick was all about was RIGHT ON THE MONEY. Dude, you're so predictable...

Best,

popSTAR
Really? you predicted that you would no longer have a place to be a troll?

I don't remember reading about any of that.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512399 - 04/18/04 03:53 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[qb][Hey Lynn, thanks for letting everyone know that even YOU can't stay away from the Mixerman forum. I mean, that's just fantastic. I'm going to call my Mom!
I'm sure your Mom will be impressed.

By the way, I forgot to mention that my posting and reading days at your forum ended over two years ago. So tell her not to be too impressed.

QB]
Too late Lynn. you already blew it. I've already stopped the presses on the book, and put that as a blurb.

Nice try though.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512400 - 04/18/04 03:57 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

mixerman, I thought you said you were "done".... or are you just having short-term memory loss?

Lynn's observation has proven to be quite astute.

#512401 - 04/18/04 04:08 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by unclesam:
Lynn has proven to be quiet kindergarden in my book

LYNN,

What was your moniker when you were posting at MM those past two years ?

C'mon

be a sport

So that we can have a good laugh about it ...

:p

malice

#512402 - 04/18/04 04:10 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by malice:
Quote:

LYNN,

C'mon

be a sport

malice
It wasn't these past two years. I last posted in 2002 as I recall. I better go back and see what I said before I "out" myself.

#512403 - 04/18/04 04:22 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

Quote:
Quote:

LYNN,

C'mon

be a sport

malice
Is that a fact?

As far as malice, mixerman, or any of the "shit-brigade" goes.... maybe you can fool others, and maybe you can even fool yourselves... but you can't fool everyone. And ultimately.... you have to answer to your maker, if you believe in that sort of thing. Don't get so worked up about people seeing through the facade.

It is the height of irony for GM to be in a forum with you all, given your egeregious afronts to his forum here.

#512404 - 04/18/04 04:40 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Well, to keep MM from having too much spare time on his hands, I'll offer these hints.

1) There are only four posts from me at his forum during my lifetime.

2) The last was made on Sept. 2, 2002. It was regarding his potential future in this industry after publicly bad-vibing the group(s) he works with. Mine was one of 647 responses in that thread.

3) The only other time I posted was March, 2002 and there were three posts in two days.

4) As you can tell, I have been a very active participant in his forum. }:-)
(Call Momma and tell her not to break out the champagne yet!)

5) The only other interactions MM and I have had are at A) my forum, B) Glenn Meadow's mastering forum, or C) here. All are a matter of public record in forums where he cannot delete my posts.

6) I doubt he'll believe any of the above, after he's done searching for the posts.

7) I forgot, there was a fifth post but MM saw fit to delete it after I spoke the unspeakable name.

8) MM, I did look for that apology, but oddly it seems to have disappeared. Maybe you thought you heard an apology when it didn't really exist.

For those of you who can't find out who I was (how obscure can those clues be?), I'll post an excerpt here. Tomorrow.

Sick, sick, sick.

Oh the suspense is killing me.

Or maybe I should just remain anonymous and everybody will think I'm really cool and maybe I'm Phil Ramone just dropping by MM's forum. I bet that would work. I'll be GoodMixer, the Anonymous. And everyone can think I'm Bob Clearmountain. Too cool.

Tomorrow, all will be known.

It's bad enough when one plays this silly game, isn't it? When there are two playing it, it's just nauseating, don't you agree?

#512405 - 04/18/04 04:41 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

UncleSam

I don't remember having offended GM or this forum as a whole by any stretch of imagination.

I see anger from you and some other posters.

Why is that ?

It's only the internet, relax

You'll soon have a place to gather where me and Mixerman and most of the so called "shit brigade" that you seem to despise won't hang anymore. You will have two new forums where trolling won't be admitted anymore with some great moderators.

There is more joy than sadness in these news.

Peace

malice

#512406 - 04/18/04 04:42 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Lynn Fuston wrote:
Quote:
Since I don't post anonymously (except to your forum }:-), it wouldn't affect me anyway.
LMAO! No Lynn. Too late, my man. Big slip there. I knew it all along, anyway. You'll enjoy my new forum called the Womb just as much.

You guys really know how to throw a party.

[crunch, crunch, crunch]

Malice, pass me the pepper chips, will ya?

[crunch, slurp, BELCH]

postar thinks he's drawing me back in. I'm just waiting to see how the movie ends.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512407 - 04/18/04 04:44 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:

Peace

malice
True.

Malice, pass me the Sam Adams, it's there behind the Budweiser. Thanks!

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512408 - 04/18/04 04:56 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
Quote:

Peace

malice
True.

Malice, pass me the Sam Adams, it's there behind the Budweiser. Thanks!

Mixerman
Don't move I'll get it

Damn Mixie, Lynn left some cheese cubes last time he came by. the stickers says 2 sept 2002, I suppose I can throw that off to the bin ...

malice

#512409 - 04/18/04 05:00 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

Quote:
You'll soon have a place to gather where me and Mixerman and most of the so called "shit brigade" that you seem to despise won't hang anymore. You will have two new forums where trolling won't be admitted anymore with some great moderators.

I'm still not quite sure how this can be accomplished. If you guys can do it, then more power to you. It should be interesting to see what exactly you have planned to accomplish this (seemingly impossible) task.
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

#512410 - 04/18/04 05:25 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Lynn Fuston wrote:
Quote:
Since I don't post anonymously (except to your forum }:-), it wouldn't affect me anyway.
LMAO! No Lynn. Too late, my man. Big slip there. I knew it all along, anyway. You'll enjoy my new forum called the Womb just as much.

[crunch, crunch, crunch]
Since it's obvious that MM is hovering over his computer doing searches by date range over at PSW, I'll save him the time and be gracious enough to allow him to sleep soundly tonight.

You can read all this at PSW if you'd like ( The Dictator Speaks from PSW ). By the way, my pseudonym was "Bettermixr." (Oh no. Now everybody knows I'm not Bob Clearmountain!)

But just in case someone is feeling trigger happy with the delete key at PSW, I'm going to post it here so no one can edit it.

For the astute readers, be on the lookout for that "apology." I still haven't found it.

#512411 - 04/18/04 05:28 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Something about stooping to this level makes me feel young again. It's all so juvenile.

But MM finds it so invigorating that I hate to deprive him of his fun.

Sleep well, MM.

And by the way, you don't have to tell your Mom. She can be impressed with you even if it was only four posts two years ago.

#512412 - 04/18/04 06:28 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Lynn Fuston wrote:
Quote:

[crunch, crunch, crunch]
Since it's obvious that MM is hovering over his computer doing searches by date range over at PSW, I'll save him the time and be gracious enough to allow him to sleep soundly tonight.

You can read all this at PSW if you'd like ( The Dictator Speaks from PSW ). By the way, my pseudonym was "Bettermixr." (Oh no. Now everybody knows I'm not Bob Clearmountain!)

But just in case someone is feeling trigger happy with the delete key at PSW, I'm going to post it here so no one can edit it.

For the astute readers, be on the lookout for that "apology." I still haven't found it.
Jesus Lynn. You're worse than my wife! Holy shit, Dude, that was like 2 years ago!

6th post up from the bottom

Hey Malice, quit hogging the Brie!

[crunch, crunch, crunch]

Quote:
Sleep well, MM.

And by the way, you don't have to tell your Mom. She can be impressed with you even if it was only four posts two years ago.
Have you ever heard the phrase, doth protest too much? Cause doth do! Doth do!

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512413 - 04/18/04 10:52 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]Since it's obvious that MM is hovering over his computer doing searches by date range over at PSW, I'll save him the time and be gracious enough to allow him to sleep soundly tonight.

Lynn,

Thanks for sharing...that is some FUNNY stuff. Ah, Eric, that's what we love about you!

Anyway, Eric, in that thread, you said this..."Of course, I do feel a little guilty giving Radar this new name, as IZ cares about the customers need, do not charge for technical support, and are not interested in selling you the same slightly improved product, over, and over, and over again."

I'd like to ask you about this. Please know that this question is not meant in any way to put IZ into a bad light...I actually applaud their attempts to providing excellent customer service. BUT, in looking at this from a purely business standpoint, I think IZ was (or is) wrong for NOT charging for tech support and product updates, etc. I mean, if we look at Apple, for instance, they've asked $129.00 for OS X 10.0, then another $129.00 for 10.1, and another for 10.2 and another for 10.3, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, it's true that Digi charges for major updates, and simply because I understand the necessity for companies like IZ and Digi to pay their programmers and service techs, I am all too happy to pay it. I've paid several hundreds of thousands of dollars for consoles in my life, and I've always felt that part of that cost was to cover (in advance) the future tech support that I'd need. But at the relatively low price point at which IZ and Digi operate, paying for updates and tech support is something that I expect and actually hope for, because I feel it is my obligation if I am to expect ongoing development of the platform.

My worry about IZ, as I expressed to Fletcher many months ago, is that by NOT charging for updates and tech support, they are potentially hurting their long range success as a company. I know that both you and Fletcher have been great supporters of IZ, and in that light, wouldn't you WANT to pay for upgrades and tech support in order to support the company and its platform? I know that when Apple releases its new operating systems, they typically hold a "party" night at the Apple retail stores. If you've never attended one of these (they often have 10% off sales on computers on those nights, as well), you should make an effort to do so, because it will show you how loyal Apple's users are, because typically the lines to get into the stores on these nights are often blocks long and those lines are made up of people wanting to go in and pony up their $129.00 for the latest update. I know that I'm ALWAYS happy to pay Apple money, because I totally believe in their entire philosophy about providing us with cool products to enhance our lives. Getting back to IZ, I think it is widely known that their RADAR is a great platform, but I believe that ongoing updates and tech support should require additional fees from the users. It is a fair way to continue development of the platform.

Thoughts?

pOpStar

#512414 - 04/18/04 01:37 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

Quote:
UncleSam

I don't remember having offended GM or this forum as a whole by any stretch of imagination.

I see anger from you and some other posters.

Why is that ?

It's only the internet, relax

Peace

malice
I don't know if your screen-name was malice... I guess it was probably very similar to the screen-name of another poster on this thread.

#512415 - 04/18/04 02:26 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mike O Offline

Loc: Central FL
Quote:
Quote:
[QUOTE]Since it's obvious that MM is hovering over his computer doing searches by date range over at PSW, I'll save him the time and be gracious enough to allow him to sleep soundly tonight.

Lynn,

Thanks for sharing...that is some FUNNY stuff. Ah, Eric, that's what we love about you!

Anyway, Eric, in that thread, you said this..."Of course, I do feel a little guilty giving Radar this new name, as IZ cares about the customers need, do not charge for technical support, and are not interested in selling you the same slightly improved product, over, and over, and over again."

I'd like to ask you about this. Please know that this question is not meant in any way to put IZ into a bad light...I actually applaud their attempts to providing excellent customer service. BUT, in looking at this from a purely business standpoint, I think IZ was (or is) wrong for NOT charging for tech support and product updates, etc. I mean, if we look at Apple, for instance, they've asked $129.00 for OS X 10.0, then another $129.00 for 10.1, and another for 10.2 and another for 10.3, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, it's true that Digi charges for major updates, and simply because I understand the necessity for companies like IZ and Digi to pay their programmers and service techs, I am all too happy to pay it. I've paid several hundreds of thousands of dollars for consoles in my life, and I've always felt that part of that cost was to cover (in advance) the future tech support that I'd need. But at the relatively low price point at which IZ and Digi operate, paying for updates and tech support is something that I expect and actually hope for, because I feel it is my obligation if I am to expect ongoing development of the platform.

My worry about IZ, as I expressed to Fletcher many months ago, is that by NOT charging for updates and tech support, they are potentially hurting their long range success as a company. I know that both you and Fletcher have been great supporters of IZ, and in that light, wouldn't you WANT to pay for upgrades and tech support in order to support the company and its platform? I know that when Apple releases its new operating systems, they typically hold a "party" night at the Apple retail stores. If you've never attended one of these (they often have 10% off sales on computers on those nights, as well), you should make an effort to do so, because it will show you how loyal Apple's users are, because typically the lines to get into the stores on these nights are often blocks long and those lines are made up of people wanting to go in and pony up their $129.00 for the latest update. I know that I'm ALWAYS happy to pay Apple money, because I totally believe in their entire philosophy about providing us with cool products to enhance our lives. Getting back to IZ, I think it is widely known that their RADAR is a great platform, but I believe that ongoing updates and tech support should require additional fees from the users. It is a fair way to continue development of the platform.

Thoughts?

pOpStar
Hello again popstar..not to worry; IZ does charge for major updates and has for quite some time (over a year I believe).

#512416 - 04/18/04 04:53 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Loco Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by popstar:Locs,

Come on...cut a brother a break. I originally popped in here to counter the anti-Digi hogwash that MM and Fletch were continually spewing forth. I wanted above all else to let the newbies up here that the actual music industry (something that gear salesmen and forum moderators don't always know about) was nearly totally a ProTools world. And largely, through our perseverance, we've succeeded in keeping their clueless posturing on that topic to a minimum.
Yup. That, until our evil side comes out, get passionate and start flamming each other. We all have been out of the line on this forum on the past (present?), and that's why I encouraged to keep our evil twins on another forum that we can flush down with no regrets. Call it a neccessary evil. Sorry if I wasn't clear at first when I mentioned our twins.

Quote:
You'll notice that I'm not up here flaming all sorts of people. Actually, I think I was the first to publicly congrat you on your recent Grammy nom.
You're right, and I thank you again for it. I would love to know the real you so I can congratulate you as well.

Quote:
I'm actually happy to see others do well. I'd even be happy to see MM or Fletcher do well as long as they didn't use baseless (hey, I guess I should say BASS-less, get it?) product-flaming to get attention.
Just be careful when Mixermad, Falice and Butcher make their drive-by. \:D

#512417 - 04/18/04 05:08 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
VerySoon Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: LA LA Land
Watch what you say, Mixy. It's a short trip back to the Ozarks. LA LA is not a very nice place to iceholes or wannabe chudders.

#512418 - 04/18/04 09:53 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Something about stooping to this level makes me feel young again. It's all so juvenile.

But MM finds it so invigorating that I hate to deprive him of his fun.

In case some of you were wondering if aliens had commandeered my ISP or 11 year olds were now writing my posts, fret not. 'Tis true that this is not the normal voice of Lynn Fuston that you have been hearing.

What you have been experiencing is a game. It is only a game. Had this been a real emergency, you would have been informed where to tune in your area.

Seriously though, it's a game that I originated years ago. It's called the MixerPong game. Think of it like Ms. Pacman where you chase the moderator (MM) and try not to get eaten or deleted. Or actually it's more like internet Pong. You bandy words like ping pong balls with MM and see who wins. If you start to get the best of him, he'll probably start posting things like "crunch, crunch, crunch" or "Pass the brewski," or other such unrelated nonsense.

It's quite entertaining really. There are no rules. But the best thing is that you can keep it going as long as you like. See MM has the same affliction that I fall victim to sometimes. If you hit him the ball, he can't not respond. He has to return the volley. It's like the child responding where all you hear is "I know you are but what am I?" over and over again.

Even when MM says he's done, he can't walk away. This thread and even his quote on page 1 are testament to that. Maybe the new "kinder, gentler" MM will be able to walk away. And that will be a great loss of entertainment value for the internet. But you should try it sometime. It's a very entertaining game. I choose to only play it once every two years or so, so it stays fresh for me and gives him a chance to stock up on new witty comebacks.

I now return you to the regularly scheduled Lynn Fuston. And if this is indeed the last game of MixerPong I get to play, it was fun. No one was hurt. And even MM's Mom got a kick out of it. And MM got a fallacious* quote for his new book. We all win.

*fallacious

\Fal*la"cious\, a. [L. fallaciosus, fr. fallacia: cf. F. fallacieux. See Fallacy.] Embodying or pertaining to a fallacy; illogical; fitted to deceive; misleading; delusive; as, fallacious arguments or reasoning.

So pass the potato chips and say the magic words with me and we'll go back to where we started.....

"Tick, tick, tick.....

Thud."

#512419 - 04/18/04 11:27 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Philadelphia USA
Quote:
posted by Popstar:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[QUOTE]Bif,
You and Curve are welcome to come by PSW any time you like.
Enjoy,
Mixerman
Eric,
...Curve and I will most likely visit you often there.
PoPSTar
Popstar,

Please do me a favor, and do not drag me into your interminably infantile rivalries with Mixerman.

You do not speak for me. We are not related. My last name is not Vincent, it is Schneckenlinie. Vincent is my middle name and I only use it as a PKA because it's easier to spell, pronounce and remember. Vincent was my great grandfather's name, and it in no way implies any connection to you whatsoever, nor any endorsement by me or my company Curve Dominant Sound&Vision of anything you say or do. On the contrary.

Where or how you and Mixerman find the time to post such long and boring attacks against each other is way beyond my need to know, let alone my comprehension.

What you can most certainly count on is my absence from this time-wasting bullshit on PSW. Marsh looks cool on the surface, but it's not even up and running yet, and already Mixerman has demonstrated the now-legendary negativity that is sure to tank the whole enterprise.

But you two boys have fun.

#512420 - 04/18/04 11:47 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Curve Dominant:
[QUOTE]Please do me a favor, and do not drag me into your interminably infantile rivalries with Mixerman.

You do not speak for me. We are not related. My last name is not Vincent, it is Schneckenlinie. Vincent is my middle name and I only use it as a PKA because it's easier to spell, pronounce and remember. Vincent was my great grandfather's name, and it in no way implies any connection to you whatsoever, nor any endorsement by me or my company Curve Dominant Sound&Vision of anything you say or do. On the contrary.
Sorry, Curve,

You and I have both had fun in the past ganging up on our buddy, but I didn't mean to imply any connection other than answering MM's post that you and I were welcome over there at any time. No problem...it won't happen again!

popStAR

#512421 - 04/19/04 04:19 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
posted by Popstar:
Sorry, Curve,
You and I have both had fun in the past ganging up on our buddy
Popstar,

Consider yourself a party of one in that recollection.

Let me break that down in the most clear terms I possibly can:

1) I am not one to "gang up" on anybody, with anybody. My opinions are mine, and mine alone. I take full personal and professional responsibility for everything I post on these forums and elsewhere.

2) Nothing I have posted requires validation from any third parties, and that includes you. Anyone who either agrees or disagrees with anything I post does so in their own interest, without my consent or approval.

3) My disagreements with Mixerman have not been "fun" from my perspective. That is your choice of verbage, and yours alone, so please do not speak for me in that regard.

There is only one defining source of my disagreements with Mixerman, and that has to do with his Pro Tools HD "Bass-Lite" hoax, which I consider an unpardonable breach of engineering ethics.

In the words of Sonny Corleone: "It's not personal, it's business."

It's one thing to say, "I don't like this platform" or "It sounds like ass" or whatever. Those are opinions, and so can be interpreted as such.

But for Mixerman to stage an intentionally decieving propoganda campaign against a popular platform based upon his personal prejudice, guised as a professional "finding," went way beyond the bounds of "engineering" standards.

If GM, Bob Olhsson, Fletcher, Kenny Gioia, et al choose to overlook Mixerman's propensity for such shenanigans, which run in total opposition to their oft-stated claims of being standard-bearers of integrity in the audio engineering sciences, so be it.

I neither know nor care to know what their motivations are in joining Mixerman's forum. But for Mixerman to come here and gloat over GM's involvement in advance of GM making his own statement, tells you how lacking in class Mixerman is.

But that's nothing new.

#512422 - 04/19/04 04:53 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Quote:
posted by Popstar:
Sorry, Curve,
You and I have both had fun in the past ganging up on our buddy
Popstar,

Consider yourself a party of one in that recollection.

Let me break that down in the most clear terms I possibly can:

2) Nothing I have posted requires validation from any third parties, and that includes you. Anyone who either agrees or disagrees with anything I post does so in their own interest, without my consent or approval.

3) My disagreements with Mixerman have not been "fun" from my perspective. That is your choice of verbage, and yours alone, so please do not speak for me in that regard.

In the words of Sonny Corleone: "It's not personal, it's business."

Eric,

Whoa...whoa...I already apologized, no? And I never said one word about "validating" your opinions. I don't propose to do that for anyone up here. I guess at this point I should say something like "That is your choice of verbage, and yours alone, so please do not speak for me in that regard."

And by the way, I believe that your quote was actually Michael Corleone talking to Sonny. Or did Sonny say it first, then Michael repeated it?

ps

#512423 - 04/19/04 06:33 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Aaron Carey Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
damn, curve

I actually feel sorry for popstar for once

#512424 - 04/19/04 09:15 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
gm Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Williamson County, TN, USA
Quote:
[...] But for Mixerman to come here and gloat over GM's involvement in advance of GM making his own statement [etc, etc...]
Makes me kind of uneasy...

George

http://www.massenburg.com

#512425 - 04/19/04 10:27 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
Quote:
[...] But for Mixerman to come here and gloat over GM's involvement in advance of GM making his own statement [etc, etc...]

George
George,

Yes, we're sure going to miss you here...honestly we are. Are you shutting down here at EQ simultaneously? No matter what little disagreements you and I might have had on this board, I have tremendous respect for you and your talents, and I totally wish you the very best wherever your forum lands...

poPstAr

#512426 - 04/19/04 11:00 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Rog Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hull, Ingerland
Quote:

I guess that's the key to all of this.

It's all about MM and his shit brigade.

"Look at me ma, look at me!"

Forget Protools, analogue summing, PT being 'bass-lite' etc, etc etc.

They are all insignificant next to the ego and the need for attention.

I hope Slipperman finishes up that ghost story soon, I have a bookmark I need to delete.

#512427 - 04/19/04 12:38 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
Quote:

George
Indeed.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512428 - 04/19/04 01:05 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Brad Blackwood_dup1 Offline

Loc: Memphis - the home of rock-n-r...
To be fair, George is joinig R/E/P, not MARSH. If you have something against Mixerman, fine, but remember that Mixerman's forum is separate from R/E/P...

#512429 - 04/19/04 01:48 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

quote:
Indeed.

Mixerman

that's a great way to make friends with your new neighbor.

#512430 - 04/19/04 01:50 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
axis Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Denmark
Tell me that this hole damm thread is a pre-manufactured thing, and that there´s something with a deeper meaning going on behind the scene will ya´. Am I the only one to find it very hard to belive the writing on the wall !!! \:D

People never fail to amaze me !!!

And to quote Søren Kirkegaard again

Quote:
>>Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards<<
Behold what the glory of the future might bring of wisdom

Kind regards

Peter

#512431 - 04/19/04 01:55 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Harvey Gerst Offline

Sorry, but I think this whole thread is in bad taste and should have been deleted a long time ago.

I wish to publicly apologize to Mixerman because I mistakenly thought he started this thread; he didn't - it was malice who started it.

#512432 - 04/19/04 04:05 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
KHAN Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Ceti-Alpha 5
The title of this thread should be changed to Dick Dick Dick

Professional audio forum indeed. :rolleyes:

#512433 - 04/19/04 04:08 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

Quote:
Sorry, but I think this whole thread is in bad taste and should have been deleted a long time ago.

I wish to publicly apologize to Mixerman because I mistakenly thought he started this thread; he didn't - it was malice who started it.
Don't apologize to mixerman- it is just the hand doing what the brain tells it to do.

#512434 - 04/19/04 04:10 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:

I had a very nice exchange with Harvey.

I see his point.

I was kinda trying to make a point myself by starting this thread. May be it was not the way, may be it was...

I guess that now my message was agnowledged I can say I'm sorry I posted a link to a public information that George would have prefered to announce himself in his own forum.

Anyway, I guess I will therefore leave this place for good.

I wish the nice people of Musicplayer forums all the best.

I'm being sincere here

Peace

malice

PS: I won't mind this thread being deleted now

#512435 - 04/19/04 04:34 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
posted by Malice:
quote:
I had a very nice exchange with Harvey.
I see his point.
I was kinda trying to make a point myself by starting this thread. May be it was not the way, may be it was...
I guess that now my message was agnowledged I can say I'm sorry I posted a link to a public information that George would have prefered to announce himself in his own forum.
Anyway, I guess I will therefore leave this place for good.
I wish the nice people of Musicplayer forums all the best.
I'm being sincere here
Peace
malice
PS: I won't mind this thread being deleted now
Malice,

I didn't see anything wrong with what you originally posted (the link to PSW). Nobody had to jump to any conclusions from that.

But that all changed when Mixerman chimed in with his demonstration of what a zoo that site will continue to be like. GM's forum here was always somewhat more dignified than that (up until recently anyway), and so the fact he's now going over there is kinda scary.

One can always hope GM will lend an air of moderation to PSW, but wherever Mixerman is involved the outcome is pretty predictable.

Hence, this thread.

Definitely don't worry about me showing up over there.

#512436 - 04/19/04 04:42 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

It's not particularly fair that R/E/P suffers for mixermans shenanigans... one could take the separation of MARSH from R/E/P as Fletcher giving Mixerman the heave ho. Fletcher is still the administrator of both sites though.

#512437 - 04/19/04 05:01 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Curve,

as you address me with so much more civility than when you address MM, I will respond to you that you might be wrong both on the outcome of PSW future and Mixerman intentions.

I don't mind you showing up there.

I just won't tolerate trolling at my forum. I'll be firm and dedicated to the task of having rules respected.

Outing and personal attacks will get any member to be kindly directed to the door. It's as simple as that.

If your intentions are different from starting a riot about nothing, you have nothing to be afraid of.

Quote:
It's not particularly fair that R/E/P suffers for mixermans shenanigans... one could take the separation of MARSH from R/E/P as Fletcher giving Mixerman the heave ho. Fletcher is still the administrator of both sites though.
Unclesam, you seem so well informed about PSW inside politics (even more than me) . You don't look like the regular newbie.
Who are you really ?

Are you the guy that accused me of having another identity in this forum ?

you must be kidding us right ?

malice

#512438 - 04/19/04 06:44 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

quote:malice

"I just won't tolerate trolling at my forum. I'll be firm and dedicated to the task of having rules respected."

hey malice, you have never been one of the real pricks at psw,
but you certainly have condoned or supported alot of attacks there in the past, that were purely based on members shitting on members just for sport, with know clear basis for it other then the fact that they were not "fitting in" accordingly .

so given that, what is your definition of a "troll" ?

what makes a troll a troll?

as a moderator you should have a pretty clear answer.

#512439 - 04/19/04 08:28 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
posted by Malice:
Curve,

...I don't mind you showing up there.

I just won't tolerate trolling at my forum. I'll be firm and dedicated to the task of having rules respected.

Outing and personal attacks will get any member to be kindly directed to the door. It's as simple as that.

If your intentions are different from starting a riot about nothing, you have nothing to be afraid of.
Malice,

I don't see why you need to come here to GM's forum and announce these threats. I've stated to you repeatedly that I will not be participating at PSW. Furthermore I cannot for the life of me imagine how I would benefit from spending time on a forum moderated by you.

I find it exceptionally tacky that the PSW moderators come here to a competing forum to announce their issues and agendes in regards to their new forum projects. Simply posting a link to the new site would have sufficed, but instead we've had two separate threads posted by two seperate PSW moderators on GM's forum, filled with flames and insults and threats and accusations. Such extreme petulence seems a poor beginning for such a venture.

I feel really sorry for George for having gotten dragged into such a den of mediocrity.

#512440 - 04/19/04 08:48 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Meriphew_dup1 Offline

Loc: Seattle USA
Wow........... I really hope that this is not a preview of what the new MM forums are going to be like. I was/am hoping that it would have a cool friendly vibe, rather than being filled with hate and utter BS.

#512441 - 04/19/04 09:27 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]posted by Malice:
[b]I feel really sorry for George for having gotten dragged into such a den of mediocrity.
George,

Have you been dragged?

#512442 - 04/20/04 02:19 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
psalad Offline

Loc: Redwood City, CA
I think this thread needs to remain, because it reveals a LOT about those who have posted here. If you've posted here and you think it doesn't apply to you, have a look in the mirror.

New Particle Salad CD released: "The Track Inside"

More info at http://www.particlesalad.com

#512443 - 04/20/04 04:14 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
I think this thread needs to remain, because it reveals a LOT about those who have posted here.
Right?

Quote:
As far as malice, mixerman, or any of the "shit-brigade" goes...
I just visited the PSW site, and found they really do have something called the "Shit Brigade."

And they are SERIOUS about it.

I hope GM is reading this thread.

I sincerely hope he fully appreciates what he's getting himself into.

Quote:
posted by Brad Blackwood:
To be fair, George is joinig R/E/P, not MARSH. If you have something against Mixerman, fine, but remember that Mixerman's forum is separate from R/E/P...
Yeah, right. OK, Doc.

It's PSW. Mixerman is a moderator there. The "Shit Brigade" are all registered there.

Do the math.

And if you don't entirely trust your calculations, try this on:

Quote:
posted by Mixerman:
quote:
Originally posted by gm:

quote:
George
Indeed.

Mixerman
Right?

The site isn't even up yet. GM hasn't even announced his intentions ON HIS OWN FORUM yet.

And ALREADY, Mixerman is baiting GM.

From the sublime to the rediculous. We saw it here first.

George,

Be well.

I've learned more from you about audio than you have forgotten about audio. And I will NEVER forget that.

But something about what I've learned from you makes me reluctant to go where the "Shit Brigades" are. You always seemed to be the antithesis of that sort of negativity and ignorance.

There is an old saying that goes, "Things happen for a reason." I always believed one could delete the last three words of that saying, and simply leave it as, "Things happen," then insert the reason one finds useful to make the "Things happen" part meaningful.

Maybe this is a good time to take a rest from lurking and posting on audio forums, and just go out and record music, taking all the things learned here from when things were "cool" here.

Just one example:

It was at least several years ago when you told me how to use parametric EQ to sweep for frequencies, using a sharp Q setting to find the frequency, then adjusting the Q setting in relation to the boost/cut to set the EQ properly. But it was just a week or so ago I was doing this to fix a mix, and I finally understood it, and it worked perfectly. I "got" it. And I immediately thought of George Massenburg, and how this legendary engineer had the patience to explain it to a stoopid newbie like me.

It's the little things like that. There's a fine line between great and mediocre, and it's in those little things. That's another thing you always taught us, George: the attention to detail - something I learned early on as a cook but took for granted in audio.

Which was easy to do at first, because bad food will kill people, but bad audio will not. But you always made audio the point. You never slapped me or anyone else down for their ignorance. It was never personal for you, it was ALWAYS about the audio.

It may have taken me a few years to "get" that, George, but I got it now, and I got it from you. And now that I got it, I can't go back. Certainly not back to the "Shit Brigades."

There comes a time when a student needs to unburden his teacher, and move on, becoming his own best teacher.

Be cool, GM.

#512444 - 04/20/04 10:52 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Guys,

This is supposed to be fun.

So much angst. So much melodramatic posturing. So much negativity.

Do people really come here just to pick fights? Maybe they do. I don't. If it's not fun, I'm gone. There are too many other productive ways to spend my time.

I have no ill will toward anyone here, especially MM. I hope I made that clear.

And I wish George the best in whatever he decides to do. I know he has more inportant things to worry about than the shenanigans on this board.

So George, God's speed.

And to everyone else, God bless.

And to MM, keep the s___ flying. It's worked well for you thus far. ;-)

#512445 - 04/20/04 12:46 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
gm Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Williamson County, TN, USA
Quote:
Quote:
[QUOTE]posted by Malice:
[b]I feel really sorry for George for having gotten dragged into such a den of mediocrity.
George,

Have you been dragged?
I am moving over to PSW for three very specific reasons:

1. There will be no anonimity with posters. This is something that I've grown to be firm about, and I have good reasons for being so. It is neither the time nor the place to discuss them here.

2. The mechanics are more modern. There are features that have become standard that aren't happening here yet. There is a future-oriented tool that I really want to develop. It's been terribly difficult to generate, or otherwise find, the revenue to bigger plans here at MP, try as Matt has.

3. I feel that I can contribute more overall. Although I've come to respect my esteemed colleagues here (especially Craig, Matt & Dendy) I'm a bit less certain of a professional recording context here than at PSW.

I'm still around here for awhile; there's not "Roger Nichols" scenario here. I have grown accustomed to starting my day (usually around 5:00a for those of you who are up then) with seeing what my friends are doing and saying.

I am as gratified by the often lofty ideas tossed around here in the last four years or so, as I am saddened by the lack of decorum and the mean-spiritedness. I believe deeply that disallowing anonimity will do much to address this. Let's face it, it's not that big a business anymore, and the world has grown smaller, too. As one becomes aware that one never knows whom one might depend on for work, one is far less likely to spray venom.

George

http://www.massenburg.com

#512446 - 04/20/04 01:19 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
videoeditor1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
...There will be no anonimity with posters...
Is there any veil for moderators?

Like Oleta Adams said, "Everything must change..."

Let's see where the dust settle and resettle, no?

#512447 - 04/20/04 01:28 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
archtop Offline

Loc: Stanwood
Change is good

I'm stoked for you george,

Richard Williams
Plum Tree Recording Studio

#512448 - 04/20/04 01:36 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Fletcher Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Foxboro,MA,UNITED STATES
Quote:
[QB]

[QUOTE]posted by Brad Blackwood:
Yeah, right. OK, Doc.

It's PSW. Mixerman is a moderator there. The "Shit Brigade" are all registered there.

Do the math.

And if you don't entirely trust your calculations, try this on:

Quote:
posted by Mixerman:
quote:
Originally posted by gm:

quote:
George
Indeed.

Mixerman
By that logic...

The HAMC has a clubhouse on 3rd St. in NYC.

Members of the HAMC have been convicted of several felonies, including but not limited to drug trafficing, murder, rape, various weapons charges... ergo, all members or the HAMC are rapists, murders, drug and weapons dealers... ergo all residents of NYC support these actions.

Now, as a "civilian" I have to admit my heart pumps a few beats faster when I'm on 3rd St., in terms relating to this thread, I often find a slightly uneasy feeling in that neighborhood, in some of the bars in that neighborhood, and frankly around HA who are not direct friends and a known quantity in general.

However, MARSH and R/E/P will be separate entities with a common home. MARSH and R/E/P have different agenda, and different goals, most likely with different participants.

MARSH and R/E/P have not been created to "overlap", they have been created to coexist. They have been created because as we saw "recpit" grow we realized that there were two emerging audiences that were not co-existing well with the current format.

We're still finding bugs here and there... once the bugs have been fixed, then it will launch. We're looking at like Midnight Wednesday AM [EDT] or Thursday AM [EDT]... no on is really sure when.

We've started to get our shit together... it's going to take a few more days... so, with that said... why don't y'all not jump to conclusions and see what gets rolled out... I mean a smart man would do it and a lazy man would do it so the participants here might want to give that tact a shot.

Peace.

Roscoe Ambel once said:
Pro-Tools is to audio what fluorescent is to light

#512449 - 04/20/04 01:43 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
cram Offline

Loc: sandy,UT,UNITED STATES
I'm not sure what the big deal is. Somebody's here, somebody's there, whatever. If the forum isn't strong enough to exist without x-person's participation, it shouldn't exist.

I forum jump all day long, to me it's all one big forum anyway. Why ghetto-ize? Why battle over non-existant turf?
tcram@dbxpro.com

non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

#512450 - 04/20/04 02:45 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
dayvel Offline

Loc: Martinez, CA, UNITED STATES
Quote:
1. There will be no anonimity with posters. This is something that I've grown to be firm about, and I have good reasons for being so. It is neither the time nor the place to discuss them here.
So I guess Mixerman won't be able to post there.

#512451 - 04/20/04 02:56 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Gtoledo3 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Tampa,FL,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by dayvel:
Quote:
So I guess Mixerman won't be able to post there.
That is interesting. Are all of the people that are already anonymous going to have to divuldge their identities?

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

#512452 - 04/20/04 03:09 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NYC Drew:
Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
...There will be no anonimity with posters...
Is there any veil for moderators?
Wait. Are you saying no one can be anonymous? Would that be no one except MM? Will we finally learn who this masked man is?

Is this really the end of our fearless, nameless hero?

#512453 - 04/20/04 04:56 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...

Quote:
Wait. Are you saying no one can be anonymous? Would that be no one except MM? Will we finally learn who this masked man is?

Is this really the end of our fearless, nameless hero?
He can do what he wished on MARSH which is separate from REP.

Curve, you obviously have no idea how we've set this up, but MM is not a moderator on REP. He is on MARSH, a separate board and has no mod capabilites on REP.

#512454 - 04/20/04 06:34 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Fletcher Offline
Platinum Member

One other thing that should probably be mentioned is that while people can use "handles", their identities will be known quantities, complete with direct contact information available to the moderators... in other words, when Bif does his "poPStaR" douche bag shit, he could find one of us on the other end of the phone explaining why his post was sacked.

The object isn't to squelch fun, the idea is to keep the fun somewhat on track.

Mixerman, while he uses a handle, is fully known to the PSW staff... anyone else using a handle will be known to the PSW staff... and will be held accountable for the things they say.

Roscoe Ambel once said:

#512455 - 04/20/04 06:37 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

from what i can see now , this is definitely a positive move for george and alot others.

i am guilty of hiding behind an Internet name. it seemed to be the way to go at first, but it did make it easy for alot of us to act out more then if we had just posted with our real names.

what i like about this, is we will get to see who is for real and who is just shooting thier mouth off. i think it is going to be alot of fun and very informitive for all the right reasons.

to bad malice had to screw up your exit here prematurely.

best of luck with rep george. you will see me there as myself.

robo out.............

#512456 - 04/20/04 08:05 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
from what i can see now , this is definitely a positive move for george and alot others.

i am guilty of hiding behind an Internet name. it seemed to be the way to go at first, but it did make it easy for alot of us to act out more then if we had just posted with our real names.

what i like about this, is we will get to see who is for real and who is just shooting thier mouth off. i think it is going to be alot of fun and very informitive for all the right reasons.

to bad malice had to screw up your exit here prematurely.

best of luck with rep george. you will see me there as myself.

robo out.............
Uh, Robo,

Not so fast there. If I'm understanding correctly, what Sir Fletchulance may be saying is that there will be no anonymity to the PSW staff. MEANING, posters will still be totally anonymous to you if they are using a handle and if they have not divulged their true identity in their Profile. However, the PSW staff will know who everyone is. Fletch, correct?

Put another way, PSW moderators CAN remain anonymous.

Clarification, Fletch?

pOpSTar

#512457 - 04/20/04 09:27 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
videoeditor1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Brad,

Did you ever recover your stolen stuff?

I'll take a wait and see attitude about the new forums ya'll talking about.

My (base) assumption here is, somewhere along the way, somebody has to make money, and bills have to be paid.

At 1st blush, there seems to be a dichotomy between GM's parameters, what Fletcher is saying, and how Mixerman behaves.

1. Are forumites anon, non-anon, or only non anon to moderators? If non anon only to moderators...what, are the moderators going to be the ones bringing revenue to the site?

2. How does Mixerman, in good conscience and sound mind, act like such a complete ass on another man's forum, engaging in juvenile behavior while espousing the high road the new forums will take, while he is PERSONALLY responsible for so much of the degradation of these (this in particular) forums?

3. And how does George resolve "2" (above). He has outlined the reasons why he has to move on. All valid & practical...but...

I've said it before, I don't care much who one dude or the other is. I haven't heard of a lot of people, so there is a 100% possibility that I have NEVER heard of mixerman, or popstar...when they mask their identities and sling shit, it gets tiresome fast. I cannot support a forum with Mixerman on it as a moderator. Even if he's George M's alter ego, Albert Einstein or a kid down the block.

NYC Drew

#512458 - 04/20/04 09:49 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...

Quote:
Brad,

Did you ever recover your stolen stuff?
I tihnk you have me confused with someone else - Brad Lunde perhaps?

Quote:
I'll take a wait and see attitude about the new forums ya'll talking about.

My (base) assumption here is, somewhere along the way, somebody has to make money, and bills have to be paid.
Yes, PSW is a business.

Quote:
At 1st blush, there seems to be a dichotomy between GM's parameters, what Fletcher is saying, and how Mixerman behaves.
Well, what I think most are missing is that Mixerman's forum (MARSH) and REP are as separate as Gearslutz is to rec.audio.pro.

As to individual policies, those will specific to each forum. Remember, they are separate...

#512459 - 04/20/04 10:21 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
videoeditor1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Sorry Brad, the other Brad!

I think I get it now... the gearslutz vs pro.rec.audio thing cleared it up nicely.

NYC Drew

#512460 - 04/20/04 11:42 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
natpub Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
My only question is, will PSW be using the same servers? Hope not. Definately one of the slowest on the web, like molassas.

Also, the same front end? Hope not. I think vBulletin is a very good one, if you are looking at anything different.

THx,

Kurt Thompson, Austin, TX! :-)

#512461 - 04/21/04 12:23 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...

Quote:
Originally posted by natpub:
My only question is, will PSW be using the same servers? Hope not. Definately one of the slowest on the web, like molassas.
Not a server problem, a software problem. The new software is lightening fast so far...

#512462 - 04/21/04 12:35 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Blackwood:
Quote:
Originally posted by natpub:
Not a server problem, a software problem. The new software is lightening fast so far...
So Brad,

Can you confirm...will anonymous posters be required to post their real info on their PSW profile, or are the moderators the only ones to get access to everyone's info? If Robocop posted as Robocop, could other forum members visit his profile to see his real identity?

If George were smart, he would allow all members to be able to know the true identity of all the other members on his forum. If GM were the only person to know everyone's true identity, the only purpose that would serve would be shutting down the "spam" patrol, such as those that worked so hard to out me some time ago. Yes, that's a good thing to shut down, but I would think that GM would also want to "tone down" the mud-slinging in general, and the easiest way to do that (unless he wants to sit there "baby-sitting" his forum) would be for everyone to have access to know who everyone else is.

I'm all for it. And if Mixerman wants to keep his anonymity, he could still feel free to do that on his forum.

PoPSTar

#512463 - 04/21/04 12:54 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
50Proof Offline

So which one of you big boys is working on the next William Hung album?

Music Rocks!

#512464 - 04/21/04 12:57 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...

Quote:
Can you confirm...will anonymous posters be required to post their real info on their PSW profile, or are the moderators the only ones to get access to everyone's info? If Robocop posted as Robocop, could other forum members visit his profile to see his real identity?
I could be wrong, but I *believe* that we have it where only mods/admin can see who a person really is if they wish to remain anon. GM can obviously demand (and any mods wishes should be taken seriously if you wish to participate in their forum) that every poster on his forum sign their real name and can remove any post/person that doesn't conform, but the real power is that it keeps people from anonymously badgering others.

I personally have no feelings one way or the other about anonymity except that it seems to allow people to feel free to act in the worst possible way. But since we are simply not going to allow that type of behavior, at all, I suppose it's not a big deal...

#512465 - 04/21/04 01:06 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Loco Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 50Proof:
So which one of you big boys is working on the next William Hung album?
At first I thought that was Mixermad's real name. Anyway, you can't take him any serious until he shows the real face behind that ping-pong nose.

Time to wake up the gimp, George?

#512466 - 04/21/04 01:34 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Blackwood:
[QUOTE]I could be wrong, but I *believe* that we have it where only mods/admin can see who a person really is if they wish to remain anon. GM can obviously demand (and any mods wishes should be taken seriously if you wish to participate in their forum) that every poster on his forum sign their real name and can remove any post/person that doesn't conform, but the real power is that it keeps people from anonymously badgering others.
The only problem with that is that the moderator must stay on top of all the threads...thus "baby-sitting" the action. It would be more self-policing AND would give everyone some background data on everyone else if EVERYONE knew who everyone else was...

popSTar

#512467 - 04/21/04 01:38 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
jackpine Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Luck,WI
Man ... I have follow this thread and remained silent till now.

But i have to say you all are taking this waaaaay too seriously. After all the posturing and proselytizing, I'm not sure I'd want to meet or work with any of you. I love what I do.... I love what some of you do. It's not a fucking contest.

sorry

#512468 - 04/21/04 01:42 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Does it seem odd to anyone else that so many people who are not involved are talking about personnel and policy of a yet-unlaunched site?

If the people behind this are as knowledgeable as we all know they are, then you have to wait until the curtain goes up and see if you like the play. If not, then you can vote with your mouse and don't ever come back if you don't like what you see.

It just strikes me as strange that so much talk about a competing forum, even trying to influence policies, is going on here at musicplayer.com. Wait until it bows and then take it up over there.

Yes, I know who started it, but come on guys, give it a chance before you start ripping it apart. It may be the greatest thing since GM started this forum.

#512469 - 04/21/04 02:13 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
nob turner Offline

Loc: san francisco
My concern about these new forums is humility. George has it. Neither Mixerman nor Fletcher has much of any sort. If they are to set the tone for these forums, I may not be able to visit them often. I have little tolerance for loud bluster. It doesn't match my personal style.

I do hope that wherever George lands, he has the ability to impart his style on a forum. That is what has kept me coming back here.

#512470 - 04/21/04 02:44 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
posted by Fletcher:
...why don't y'all not jump to conclusions and see what gets rolled out...
Fletcher,

My bad, my bro.

Consider my white ass checked ITR.

Quote:
posted by Brad Blackwood:
Curve, you obviously have no idea how we've set this up...
Brad,

True.

Once again, my bad.

RE: The "non-anon" factor: Y'all got my attention wit' da quickness on THAT note.

I simply cannot stand this anonymous posting bullshit anymore. It has been driving me fucking NUTZ!!!

AAARRGGHHH!!!

Sorry folks, but it's been a mad crazy month for the Curve.

I'll chill.

#512471 - 04/21/04 02:50 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
BP3 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

With GM's upcoming move, I hope that this forum will be retitled, re-moderated and kept active. Archives are fine, however there is more than one topic here that would be useful in a continuing mode.

Best to you George in your new adventure.

#512472 - 04/21/04 05:02 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
psalad Offline

Loc: Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by nob turner:
My concern about these new forums is humility.
I can not agree more! I respect Mixerman's work, but I find it most interesting how Mr. Massenburg comes across with such humility with the incredible body of work he has been a part of. I dare say I would probably not share his humility.

New Particle Salad CD released: "The Track Inside"

More info at http://www.particlesalad.com

#512473 - 04/21/04 05:44 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
videoeditor1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Does it seem odd to anyone else that so many people who are not involved are talking about personnel and policy of a yet-unlaunched site?

If the people behind this are as knowledgeable as we all know they are, then you have to wait until the curtain goes up and see if you like the play. If not, then you can vote with your mouse and don't ever come back if you don't like what you see.

It just strikes me as strange that so much talk about a competing forum, even trying to influence policies, is going on here at musicplayer.com. Wait until it bows and then take it up over there.

Yes, I know who started it, but come on guys, give it a chance before you start ripping it apart. It may be the greatest thing since GM started this forum.
1. We (well, me then) have free will, and money.

2. Last I heard, the new forums have an underlying goal of generating revenue. That makes me (as in item #1 above) numero uno.

3. Based on 1 & 2, I'm trying to either contribute towards shaping policy, or getting enough prelim before I drive all the way over there to sign up and all that shit.

4. I generally don't like how Mixerman or Popstar have conducted themselves on this forum. I wish there was a software filter that could remove thier posts and responses. They're averaging 90% bullshit, 10% data at this rate.

5. Based on communique on this forums and emails, I have a fair amount of admiration and respect for GM. I'm just probing to make sure he hasn't fell and cracked his noggin...

NYC Drew

#512474 - 04/21/04 07:51 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]4. I generally don't like how Mixerman or Popstar have conducted themselves on this forum. I wish there was a software filter that could remove thier posts and responses. They're averaging 90% bullshit, 10% data at this rate.

NYC Drew
Drew,

Damn, I'm bummed. 90% bullshit, 10% data?

Well, just in case you're wondering where the mudslinging attitude REALLY starts, here are the current Top 7 topics on Mixerman's forum...

1) OUT with the OLD, IN with the NEW 
Thread started by mixerman 

2) Mix Magazine, Digidesign, and the wrath of Mixerman.    

3) The Daily Adventures of Mixerman - Bitch Slap or Bust    

4) "Shit Brigade" sign-ups...    

5) bbchessmans basement/The longest thread about nothing in the History of the inter-Not. Enjoy or Die. 
Thread started by slipperman

6) ded`s crypt of hate - home of the Alsihad (ProTools) gripes & the pom-pom girls    
Thread started by ded4now

7) The Bigass HATE thread...
Thread started by ded4now 

The RecPit kind of reminds me of the Jerry Springer show. Not big on real substance, but one hell of a lot of fun to watch sometimes. I'll give Mixerman credit for creating one of the more popular "audio" destinations on the net. While there isn't much audio discussion going on, it is the "wild west" aspect of his forum which gives it its popularity. It's just not really a place where you'd go to discuss actual audio topics.

As I said earlier, I originally popped up here to counter some of Mixerman and Fletcher's anti-Digi rhetoric. And since arriving, I'd like to think that I've contributed positively to many interesting threads. Of course, the only threads people remember are the ones in which Mixerman and I are having our, uh, "debates".

A little while ago on this very thread, I posted about RADAR's not charging for their Tech Support. I asked Mixerman about it. You'll note that he didn't respond, and I presume that's because the topic is simply too "serious" for him. He's much more interested in simply flaming and moving on. You know, "drive-by" posts. And when hit by his drive-by's, many of us have chosen to fire back. All in fun, mind you (at least in my case).

Anyway, once MM is gone from here (as he keeps promising), all will return to the warm and fuzzy place it once was. So you do have that to look forward to!

PopsTAR

#512475 - 04/21/04 09:13 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
[QUOTE]
The RecPit kind of reminds me of the Jerry Springer show. Not big on real substance, but one hell of a lot of fun to watch sometimes.
Looks like you pretty much summed up what it was all about ...

Quote:

I'll give Mixerman credit for creating one of the more popular "audio" destinations on the net. While there isn't much audio discussion going on, it is the "wild west" aspect of his forum which gives it its popularity. It's just not really a place where you'd go to discuss actual audio topics.
Some great topics about mixing or about life and vibe in studio have taken place. You know, sometimes a thread about food during session for instance might turn into something very interesting. I guess that was the purpose of this forum as well as entertainment ...

Quote:

A little while ago on this very thread, I posted about RADAR's not charging for their Tech Support. I asked Mixerman about it. You'll note that he didn't respond, and I presume that's because the topic is simply too "serious" for him.
Naah, it has more to do with finishing the wall paper business at the MARSH

Quote:

Anyway, once MM is gone from here (as he keeps promising), all will return to the warm and fuzzy place it once was. So you do have that to look forward to!
If that happens it will be cool. I spoke to Mixerman and not participating in other forum is really the option he chose.
As for this place returning to warm and fuzzy, hmmm, it would be a bit exaggerated to give MM the sole credit of the problems of a forum like this.

You know, I think that you need two camps to start a war and to fighters to start a boxing event. And most of all, any shitstorm that starts is nothing a good referee can't handle.

That say, I've been reading all this thread. I just playing think that people that stated we are giving a tad too much importance about all this are truly the wisest ones.
Lynn for instance realised that and I think he's damn right about being positive now.

I realised during these two passed years I've been wrong from time to time. I'm not perfect. Such is human nature.
What would be a real mistake is not correcting these errors.

Mixerman is like every man on this earth. He's like me, like you popstars, like curve, like George. He makes mistakes and he makes good things too.

Both George and Mixerman will start from scratch new forums. We have to be positive about this and don't launch torpedos on a targets we have no idea about.

I will do my best to correct some of the mistakes I've made I'm aware off, and I guess GM and Mixerman will do the same. That's how we improve, and no man on this Earth can claim he's perfect.

Let's start from scratch and makes things better

The new forums will be very different from RecPit and MusicPlayer massenburg forum.

malice

PS: finally, I think it was a good thing I started this thread. The Irony ...You know ...

#512476 - 04/21/04 11:03 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]The RecPit kind of reminds me of the Jerry Springer show. Not big on real substance, but one hell of a lot of fun to watch sometimes. I'll give Mixerman credit for creating one of the more popular "audio" destinations on the net. While there isn't much audio discussion going on, it is the "wild west" aspect of his forum which gives it its popularity. It's just not really a place where you'd go to discuss actual audio topics.
And what's wrong with that?

I've always thought that MM was one heck of an entertainer whether or not he could mix his way out of a paper bag. But since we can't look up MM on allmusic.com, I guess we'll never know.

One of my four anonymous posts at MM's forum predicted that he had quite a future as a writer after he'd scared away all his potential clients with his "tell all" stories. Whether you like his brand of "entertainment" or not, you can't look at the numbers of people that read (and responded to) the B___Slap epic and not be amazed at its popularity.

#512477 - 04/21/04 12:11 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Bill@Welcome Home Studios Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
[QB... the numbers of people that read (and responded to) the B___Slap epic and not be amazed ....[/QB]
Or perhaps dismayed....

Bill

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

#512478 - 04/21/04 01:30 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Fletcher Offline
Platinum Member

Bif and nob and curve and drew... doot, doot, doot, duh, doot, doot, dooo...

It's really quite simple... if you aren't an asshole [as in behavior on the forums, nobody gives a fuck what you do in your spare time], then you can be who or what ever you want to be.

There are plenty of people who have used various forums over the years anonymously without incident.

If there are ways to hack into systems and shut down major sites, steal credit card information, steal identities, etc. it really ain't rocket surgery to register for an audio internet forum anonymously... however... if you stir up some shit and are being an anonymous asshole, you'll be shut down. The decision lies in the hands of each individual moderator as we can ban people [both identities as well as IP addresses] from our forums individually.

Pretty simple actually.

Nob says I'm an asshole and a trouble maker... maybe I is, maybe I ain't... that point is irrelevant... the fact of the matter is I am findable. It's not too tough to send me an email, get me on the phone, etc. I'm not hiding behind anything. Controversial at times, sure... asshole at times, perhaps... but I've always been a known quantity, and for the most part confine my comments to being "on-topic". You don't have to know a whole hell of a lot to figure out who I am or how to find me... unlike the biffster that hid behind annonymity whilst being a fester peckerhead. See the difference?

In addition, there are "ignore" filters [works just like your email or usenet ingore filters] so if there is a participant that drives you up a wall, you can filter their bullshit... [i.e. PopStAr and MM with the 90-10% douchebag to relevant ratio]... chances are it won't get to the point where you have anyone on R/E/P that will be permitted to attain that kind of ratio... and from my conversations with the MARSH moderators, there is probably damn little chance of that ratio occuring there either.

A good portion of why the 'recpit' is being shut down and new forums opened is to kill that very aspect of what the recpit was.

Yeah, there was some great information that was shared on the recpit... but frankly, IMNTLBFHO, the "shithead brigade" was out of control to the point of fucking the thing up and making it not fun anymore.

The site is a commercial site, just as this site is a commercial site. The difference being that the PSW site is actually almost about to experience it's first quarter of not losing money.

If we keep the site on track, the information of value, and the overall format positive, that should drive advertising toward the site, which will generate revenue... which will get better compensation for the compensated moderators, and some compensation for the uncompensated moderators... in other words, it's in the moderators best interest to keep it a fun place and not let it turn into the zoo that was the 'recpit'.

The launch of the site is set for tonight [Wed 21 April] around midnight... maybe a bit later [which would put it as Thursday 22 April]... so why don't you drop by and say "hey" tomorrow and help create a new and positive environment. It should be an interesting first few days as the various forums start to create their own identiies and cultures.

See ya on the other side.

Peace.

Roscoe Ambel once said:

#512479 - 04/21/04 01:54 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Ultra left & right Offline

Loc: South of the Northpool
Is there a link to R/E/P?

#512480 - 04/21/04 04:11 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Loco Offline
Platinum Member

Go figure... the gimp did wake up and erased my post.... is that how it's gonna be?

#512481 - 04/21/04 04:49 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Fletcher,

Got all that. See yous over there.

Where I will continue to be known as Eric (not that Eric) Vincent (the "other" Vincent).

Aye aye aye.

#512482 - 04/21/04 06:02 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher:
It's really quite simple... if you aren't an asshole [as in behavior on the forums, nobody gives a fuck what you do in your spare time], then you can be who or what ever you want to be.

There are plenty of people who have used various forums over the years anonymously without incident.

If there are ways to hack into systems and shut down major sites, steal credit card information, steal identities, etc. it really ain't rocket surgery to register for an audio internet forum anonymously... however... if you stir up some shit and are being an anonymous asshole, you'll be shut down. The decision lies in the hands of each individual moderator as we can ban people [both identities as well as IP addresses] from our forums individually.

Pretty simple actually.

Nob says I'm an asshole and a trouble maker... maybe I is, maybe I ain't... that point is irrelevant... the fact of the matter is I am findable. It's not too tough to send me an email, get me on the phone, etc. I'm not hiding behind anything. Controversial at times, sure... asshole at times, perhaps... but I've always been a known quantity, and for the most part confine my comments to being "on-topic". You don't have to know a whole hell of a lot to figure out who I am or how to find me... unlike the biffster that hid behind annonymity whilst being a fester peckerhead. See the difference?

In addition, there are "ignore" filters [works just like your email or usenet ingore filters] so if there is a participant that drives you up a wall, you can filter their bullshit... [i.e. PopStAr and MM with the 90-10% douchebag to relevant ratio]... chances are it won't get to the point where you have anyone on R/E/P that will be permitted to attain that kind of ratio... and from my conversations with the MARSH moderators, there is probably damn little chance of that ratio occuring there either.

A good portion of why the 'recpit' is being shut down and new forums opened is to kill that very aspect of what the recpit was.

Yeah, there was some great information that was shared on the recpit... but frankly, IMNTLBFHO, the "shithead brigade" was out of control to the point of fucking the thing up and making it not fun anymore.

If we keep the site on track, the information of value, and the overall format positive, that should drive advertising toward the site, which will generate revenue... which will get better compensation for the compensated moderators, and some compensation for the uncompensated moderators... in other words, it's in the moderators best interest to keep it a fun place and not let it turn into the zoo that was the 'recpit'.

Peace.
Fletch,

You've actually made a modicum of sense with your post. However, of course, you are sidestepping the question about anonymity. I'll lay it out here for everyone in plain English, and if I've got it wrong, please correct me.

At the new sites, you will not be able to register without the forum moderators knowing who you actually are. But even though they will know who you are and where to find you, you may continue to post under an anonymous handle. Other forum members will NOT be able to know who you are unless you choose to put your real information into your profile. So, if Robocop chooses to remain anon, he will be allowed to do so from the other forum members, although the moderators will know who he is. If he stirs the pot up too greatly, he'll be contacted by the moderator and given warning, suspension, etc. Moderators will be able to maintain their anonymity from all general members.

If we don't hear from Fletch on corrections, perhaps we can assume that's what is happening.

Fletch, one word of positive advice. As I think someone might have mentioned above, you should check the Gearslutz approach of giving you the thread below the post you are composing so that you can be cutting and pasting from that thread into your own post. That is definitely the way to do it...

pOpSTar

#512483 - 04/21/04 06:15 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Fletcher Offline
Platinum Member

PopsTar.... the new software does that. For as much as we've really stressed on the annonymity thing... I think you pretty much have it sussed.

In many ways, we're gonna be making up the rules as we go along... the cooler people are, the fewer rules we're gonna have to make.

Roscoe Ambel once said:

#512484 - 04/21/04 06:58 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Anderton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

This is a truly bizarre thread.

#512485 - 04/21/04 07:43 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
cram Offline

Loc: sandy,UT,UNITED STATES
Quote:
This is a truly bizarre thread.
Didn't you mean advertisement instead of thread?
tcram@dbxpro.com

non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

#512486 - 04/21/04 07:46 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Lee Flier Offline
10k Club

Loc: Atlanta,GA,UNITED STATES
LOL really.

Doesn't tend to give one much confidence in all these supposed audio professionals, does it?

Radio KIRA
http://www.radiokira.com

NEW CD out April 7th! >> Get it here , or here ! <<

#512487 - 04/22/04 01:11 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Flier:
LOL really.

Doesn't tend to give one much confidence in all these supposed audio professionals, does it?
I couldn't agree more...most of these guys are questionable!

pOpSTaR

#512488 - 04/22/04 01:13 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Flier:
LOL really.

I couldn't agree more...most of these guys are questionable!

pOpSTaR

#512489 - 04/22/04 04:10 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Anderton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

<>

I try to be polite, even in the face of world-class tackiness.

<>

Well, the whole "we're so cool because we're cynical and rebellious" thing is pretty passe, and increasingly irrelevant in today's world. But hey...whatever.

#512490 - 04/22/04 04:18 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
[QUOTE]
One of my four anonymous posts at MM's forum predicted that he had quite a future as a writer after he'd scared away all his potential clients with his "tell all" stories.
Oddly, what invariably happens is the opposite reaction. I find people want to work with me BECAUSE of the diaries. What's worse, when I'm on a session every kooky or not so kooky thing that happens, my clients are usually attempting to convince me to put it in a diary entry. What they don't understand is, I don't make this shit up! (I realize some of you feel differently, but that's cool.You're entitled to your opinon)

After all, I'm certainly not going to bother writing a diary about an uneventful session with nice people. Just imagine.

Dear Diary,

Today I mixed two songs. They loved it. Oh, a funny thing happened. The bass player laughed at one of my jokes and spewed sprite out his nose. It was funny. I loaned him my netti pot. It was all good.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512491 - 04/22/04 10:33 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Anderton:
Well, the whole "we're so cool because we're cynical and rebellious" thing is pretty passe, and increasingly irrelevant in today's world. But hey...whatever.
It works for teenagers.

I should know, I have two.

#512492 - 04/22/04 11:37 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
djarrett Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Nashville,TN,UNITED STATES
Craig and Lynn:
I totally agree with you.
I am truly tiring of this teenage fodder existing on these forums. These forums at MusicPlayer.com are expert forums where musicians from all ages are suppossed to be able to come and learn and share knowledge related to making music, producing music, understanding music and music gear.
It is not a place for some juvenile soapbox!

Time is valuable. Make it count!

DJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >