Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#512425 - 04/19/04 10:27 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
Quote:
Originally posted by Curve Dominant:
[...] But for Mixerman to come here and gloat over GM's involvement in advance of GM making his own statement [etc, etc...]
Makes me kind of uneasy...

George
George,

Yes, we're sure going to miss you here...honestly we are. Are you shutting down here at EQ simultaneously? No matter what little disagreements you and I might have had on this board, I have tremendous respect for you and your talents, and I totally wish you the very best wherever your forum lands...

poPstAr

#512426 - 04/19/04 11:00 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Rog Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hull, Ingerland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mixerman:

Get in your licks while you can. This is the greatest bunch of Mixerman haters (and followers) ever assembled.
I guess that's the key to all of this.

It's all about MM and his shit brigade.

"Look at me ma, look at me!"

Forget Protools, analogue summing, PT being 'bass-lite' etc, etc etc.

They are all insignificant next to the ego and the need for attention.

I hope Slipperman finishes up that ghost story soon, I have a bookmark I need to delete.

#512427 - 04/19/04 12:38 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Loc: Los Angeles,CA,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
Quote:
[...] But for Mixerman to come here and gloat over GM's involvement in advance of GM making his own statement [etc, etc...]

George
Indeed.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512428 - 04/19/04 01:05 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Brad Blackwood_dup1 Offline

Loc: Memphis - the home of rock-n-r...
To be fair, George is joinig R/E/P, not MARSH. If you have something against Mixerman, fine, but remember that Mixerman's forum is separate from R/E/P...

#512429 - 04/19/04 01:48 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

Loc: chicago,IL,UNITED STATES
quote:
------------------------------------------------------
Indeed.

Mixerman
------------------------------------------------------

that's a great way to make friends with your new neighbor.

#512430 - 04/19/04 01:50 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
axis Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Denmark
Tell me that this hole damm thread is a pre-manufactured thing, and that there´s something with a deeper meaning going on behind the scene will ya´. Am I the only one to find it very hard to belive the writing on the wall !!! \:D

People never fail to amaze me !!!

And to quote Søren Kirkegaard again

Quote:
>>Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards<<
Behold what the glory of the future might bring of wisdom

Kind regards

Peter

#512431 - 04/19/04 01:55 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Harvey Gerst Offline

Loc: Sanger, Texas, U.S.
Sorry, but I think this whole thread is in bad taste and should have been deleted a long time ago.

I wish to publicly apologize to Mixerman because I mistakenly thought he started this thread; he didn't - it was malice who started it.

#512432 - 04/19/04 04:05 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
KHAN Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Ceti-Alpha 5
The title of this thread should be changed to Dick Dick Dick

Professional audio forum indeed. :rolleyes:

#512433 - 04/19/04 04:08 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Harvey Gerst:
Sorry, but I think this whole thread is in bad taste and should have been deleted a long time ago.

I wish to publicly apologize to Mixerman because I mistakenly thought he started this thread; he didn't - it was malice who started it.
Don't apologize to mixerman- it is just the hand doing what the brain tells it to do.

#512434 - 04/19/04 04:10 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Loc: France
Quote:

I had a very nice exchange with Harvey.

I see his point.

I was kinda trying to make a point myself by starting this thread. May be it was not the way, may be it was...

I guess that now my message was agnowledged I can say I'm sorry I posted a link to a public information that George would have prefered to announce himself in his own forum.

Anyway, I guess I will therefore leave this place for good.

I wish the nice people of Musicplayer forums all the best.

I'm being sincere here

Peace

malice

PS: I won't mind this thread being deleted now

http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/

#512435 - 04/19/04 04:34 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Philadelphia USA
Quote:
posted by Malice:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a very nice exchange with Harvey.
I see his point.
I was kinda trying to make a point myself by starting this thread. May be it was not the way, may be it was...
I guess that now my message was agnowledged I can say I'm sorry I posted a link to a public information that George would have prefered to announce himself in his own forum.
Anyway, I guess I will therefore leave this place for good.
I wish the nice people of Musicplayer forums all the best.
I'm being sincere here
Peace
malice
PS: I won't mind this thread being deleted now
Malice,

I didn't see anything wrong with what you originally posted (the link to PSW). Nobody had to jump to any conclusions from that.

But that all changed when Mixerman chimed in with his demonstration of what a zoo that site will continue to be like. GM's forum here was always somewhat more dignified than that (up until recently anyway), and so the fact he's now going over there is kinda scary.

One can always hope GM will lend an air of moderation to PSW, but wherever Mixerman is involved the outcome is pretty predictable.

Hence, this thread.

Definitely don't worry about me showing up over there.

#512436 - 04/19/04 04:42 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
unclesam Offline

It's not particularly fair that R/E/P suffers for mixermans shenanigans... one could take the separation of MARSH from R/E/P as Fletcher giving Mixerman the heave ho. Fletcher is still the administrator of both sites though.

#512437 - 04/19/04 05:01 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Loc: France
Curve,

as you address me with so much more civility than when you address MM, I will respond to you that you might be wrong both on the outcome of PSW future and Mixerman intentions.

I don't mind you showing up there.

I just won't tolerate trolling at my forum. I'll be firm and dedicated to the task of having rules respected.

Outing and personal attacks will get any member to be kindly directed to the door. It's as simple as that.

If your intentions are different from starting a riot about nothing, you have nothing to be afraid of.

Quote:
Originally posted by unclesam:
It's not particularly fair that R/E/P suffers for mixermans shenanigans... one could take the separation of MARSH from R/E/P as Fletcher giving Mixerman the heave ho. Fletcher is still the administrator of both sites though.
Unclesam, you seem so well informed about PSW inside politics (even more than me) . You don't look like the regular newbie.
Who are you really ?

Are you the guy that accused me of having another identity in this forum ?

you must be kidding us right ?

malice

http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/

#512438 - 04/19/04 06:44 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

Loc: chicago,IL,UNITED STATES
quote:malice

"I just won't tolerate trolling at my forum. I'll be firm and dedicated to the task of having rules respected."

hey malice, you have never been one of the real pricks at psw,
but you certainly have condoned or supported alot of attacks there in the past, that were purely based on members shitting on members just for sport, with know clear basis for it other then the fact that they were not "fitting in" accordingly .

so given that, what is your definition of a "troll" ?

what makes a troll a troll?

as a moderator you should have a pretty clear answer.

#512439 - 04/19/04 08:28 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
posted by Malice:
Curve,

...I don't mind you showing up there.

I just won't tolerate trolling at my forum. I'll be firm and dedicated to the task of having rules respected.

Outing and personal attacks will get any member to be kindly directed to the door. It's as simple as that.

If your intentions are different from starting a riot about nothing, you have nothing to be afraid of.
Malice,

I don't see why you need to come here to GM's forum and announce these threats. I've stated to you repeatedly that I will not be participating at PSW. Furthermore I cannot for the life of me imagine how I would benefit from spending time on a forum moderated by you.

I find it exceptionally tacky that the PSW moderators come here to a competing forum to announce their issues and agendes in regards to their new forum projects. Simply posting a link to the new site would have sufficed, but instead we've had two separate threads posted by two seperate PSW moderators on GM's forum, filled with flames and insults and threats and accusations. Such extreme petulence seems a poor beginning for such a venture.

I feel really sorry for George for having gotten dragged into such a den of mediocrity.

#512440 - 04/19/04 08:48 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Meriphew_dup1 Offline

Loc: Seattle USA
Wow........... I really hope that this is not a preview of what the new MM forums are going to be like. I was/am hoping that it would have a cool friendly vibe, rather than being filled with hate and utter BS.

#512441 - 04/19/04 09:27 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Spring Hill, TN, US
Quote:
[QUOTE]posted by Malice:
[b]I feel really sorry for George for having gotten dragged into such a den of mediocrity.
George,

Have you been dragged?

#512442 - 04/20/04 02:19 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
psalad Offline

Loc: Redwood City, CA
I think this thread needs to remain, because it reveals a LOT about those who have posted here. If you've posted here and you think it doesn't apply to you, have a look in the mirror.

New Particle Salad CD released: "The Track Inside"

More info at http://www.particlesalad.com

#512443 - 04/20/04 04:14 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
I think this thread needs to remain, because it reveals a LOT about those who have posted here.
Right?

Quote:
As far as malice, mixerman, or any of the "shit-brigade" goes...
I just visited the PSW site, and found they really do have something called the "Shit Brigade."

And they are SERIOUS about it.

I hope GM is reading this thread.

I sincerely hope he fully appreciates what he's getting himself into.

Quote:
posted by Brad Blackwood:
To be fair, George is joinig R/E/P, not MARSH. If you have something against Mixerman, fine, but remember that Mixerman's forum is separate from R/E/P...
Yeah, right. OK, Doc.

It's PSW. Mixerman is a moderator there. The "Shit Brigade" are all registered there.

Do the math.

And if you don't entirely trust your calculations, try this on:

Quote:
posted by Mixerman:
quote:
Originally posted by gm:

quote:
George
Indeed.

Mixerman
Right?

The site isn't even up yet. GM hasn't even announced his intentions ON HIS OWN FORUM yet.

And ALREADY, Mixerman is baiting GM.

From the sublime to the rediculous. We saw it here first.

George,

Be well.

I've learned more from you about audio than you have forgotten about audio. And I will NEVER forget that.

But something about what I've learned from you makes me reluctant to go where the "Shit Brigades" are. You always seemed to be the antithesis of that sort of negativity and ignorance.

There is an old saying that goes, "Things happen for a reason." I always believed one could delete the last three words of that saying, and simply leave it as, "Things happen," then insert the reason one finds useful to make the "Things happen" part meaningful.

Maybe this is a good time to take a rest from lurking and posting on audio forums, and just go out and record music, taking all the things learned here from when things were "cool" here.

Just one example:

It was at least several years ago when you told me how to use parametric EQ to sweep for frequencies, using a sharp Q setting to find the frequency, then adjusting the Q setting in relation to the boost/cut to set the EQ properly. But it was just a week or so ago I was doing this to fix a mix, and I finally understood it, and it worked perfectly. I "got" it. And I immediately thought of George Massenburg, and how this legendary engineer had the patience to explain it to a stoopid newbie like me.

It's the little things like that. There's a fine line between great and mediocre, and it's in those little things. That's another thing you always taught us, George: the attention to detail - something I learned early on as a cook but took for granted in audio.

Which was easy to do at first, because bad food will kill people, but bad audio will not. But you always made audio the point. You never slapped me or anyone else down for their ignorance. It was never personal for you, it was ALWAYS about the audio.

It may have taken me a few years to "get" that, George, but I got it now, and I got it from you. And now that I got it, I can't go back. Certainly not back to the "Shit Brigades."

There comes a time when a student needs to unburden his teacher, and move on, becoming his own best teacher.

Be cool, GM.

#512444 - 04/20/04 10:52 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Guys,

This is supposed to be fun.

So much angst. So much melodramatic posturing. So much negativity.

Do people really come here just to pick fights? Maybe they do. I don't. If it's not fun, I'm gone. There are too many other productive ways to spend my time.

I have no ill will toward anyone here, especially MM. I hope I made that clear.

And I wish George the best in whatever he decides to do. I know he has more inportant things to worry about than the shenanigans on this board.

So George, God's speed.

And to everyone else, God bless.

And to MM, keep the s___ flying. It's worked well for you thus far. ;-)

#512445 - 04/20/04 12:46 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
gm Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Williamson County, TN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 3D Audio:
Quote:
[QUOTE]posted by Malice:
[b]I feel really sorry for George for having gotten dragged into such a den of mediocrity.
George,

Have you been dragged?
I am moving over to PSW for three very specific reasons:

1. There will be no anonimity with posters. This is something that I've grown to be firm about, and I have good reasons for being so. It is neither the time nor the place to discuss them here.

2. The mechanics are more modern. There are features that have become standard that aren't happening here yet. There is a future-oriented tool that I really want to develop. It's been terribly difficult to generate, or otherwise find, the revenue to bigger plans here at MP, try as Matt has.

3. I feel that I can contribute more overall. Although I've come to respect my esteemed colleagues here (especially Craig, Matt & Dendy) I'm a bit less certain of a professional recording context here than at PSW.

I'm still around here for awhile; there's not "Roger Nichols" scenario here. I have grown accustomed to starting my day (usually around 5:00a for those of you who are up then) with seeing what my friends are doing and saying.

I am as gratified by the often lofty ideas tossed around here in the last four years or so, as I am saddened by the lack of decorum and the mean-spiritedness. I believe deeply that disallowing anonimity will do much to address this. Let's face it, it's not that big a business anymore, and the world has grown smaller, too. As one becomes aware that one never knows whom one might depend on for work, one is far less likely to spray venom.

George

http://www.massenburg.com

#512446 - 04/20/04 01:19 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
videoeditor1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
...There will be no anonimity with posters...
Is there any veil for moderators?

Like Oleta Adams said, "Everything must change..."

Let's see where the dust settle and resettle, no?

#512447 - 04/20/04 01:28 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
archtop Offline

Loc: Stanwood
Change is good

I'm stoked for you george,

Richard Williams
Plum Tree Recording Studio

#512448 - 04/20/04 01:36 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Fletcher Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Foxboro,MA,UNITED STATES
Quote:
[QB]

[QUOTE]posted by Brad Blackwood:
Yeah, right. OK, Doc.

It's PSW. Mixerman is a moderator there. The "Shit Brigade" are all registered there.

Do the math.

And if you don't entirely trust your calculations, try this on:

Quote:
posted by Mixerman:
quote:
Originally posted by gm:

quote:
George
Indeed.

Mixerman
By that logic...

The HAMC has a clubhouse on 3rd St. in NYC.

Members of the HAMC have been convicted of several felonies, including but not limited to drug trafficing, murder, rape, various weapons charges... ergo, all members or the HAMC are rapists, murders, drug and weapons dealers... ergo all residents of NYC support these actions.

Now, as a "civilian" I have to admit my heart pumps a few beats faster when I'm on 3rd St., in terms relating to this thread, I often find a slightly uneasy feeling in that neighborhood, in some of the bars in that neighborhood, and frankly around HA who are not direct friends and a known quantity in general.

However, MARSH and R/E/P will be separate entities with a common home. MARSH and R/E/P have different agenda, and different goals, most likely with different participants.

MARSH and R/E/P have not been created to "overlap", they have been created to coexist. They have been created because as we saw "recpit" grow we realized that there were two emerging audiences that were not co-existing well with the current format.

We're still finding bugs here and there... once the bugs have been fixed, then it will launch. We're looking at like Midnight Wednesday AM [EDT] or Thursday AM [EDT]... no on is really sure when.

We've started to get our shit together... it's going to take a few more days... so, with that said... why don't y'all not jump to conclusions and see what gets rolled out... I mean a smart man would do it and a lazy man would do it so the participants here might want to give that tact a shot.

Peace.

Roscoe Ambel once said:
Pro-Tools is to audio what fluorescent is to light

#512449 - 04/20/04 01:43 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
cram Offline

Loc: sandy,UT,UNITED STATES
I'm not sure what the big deal is. Somebody's here, somebody's there, whatever. If the forum isn't strong enough to exist without x-person's participation, it shouldn't exist.

I forum jump all day long, to me it's all one big forum anyway. Why ghetto-ize? Why battle over non-existant turf?
tcram@dbxpro.com

non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

#512450 - 04/20/04 02:45 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
dayvel Offline

Loc: Martinez, CA, UNITED STATES
Quote:
1. There will be no anonimity with posters. This is something that I've grown to be firm about, and I have good reasons for being so. It is neither the time nor the place to discuss them here.
So I guess Mixerman won't be able to post there.

#512451 - 04/20/04 02:56 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Gtoledo3 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Tampa,FL,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by dayvel:
Quote:
So I guess Mixerman won't be able to post there.
That is interesting. Are all of the people that are already anonymous going to have to divuldge their identities?

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

#512452 - 04/20/04 03:09 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NYC Drew:
Quote:
Originally posted by gm:
...There will be no anonimity with posters...
Is there any veil for moderators?
Wait. Are you saying no one can be anonymous? Would that be no one except MM? Will we finally learn who this masked man is?

Is this really the end of our fearless, nameless hero?

#512453 - 04/20/04 04:56 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Brad Blackwood_dup1 Offline

Loc: Memphis - the home of rock-n-r...
Quote:
Originally posted by 3D Audio:
Wait. Are you saying no one can be anonymous? Would that be no one except MM? Will we finally learn who this masked man is?

Is this really the end of our fearless, nameless hero?
He can do what he wished on MARSH which is separate from REP.

Curve, you obviously have no idea how we've set this up, but MM is not a moderator on REP. He is on MARSH, a separate board and has no mod capabilites on REP.

#512454 - 04/20/04 06:34 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Fletcher Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Foxboro,MA,UNITED STATES
One other thing that should probably be mentioned is that while people can use "handles", their identities will be known quantities, complete with direct contact information available to the moderators... in other words, when Bif does his "poPStaR" douche bag shit, he could find one of us on the other end of the phone explaining why his post was sacked.

The object isn't to squelch fun, the idea is to keep the fun somewhat on track.

Mixerman, while he uses a handle, is fully known to the PSW staff... anyone else using a handle will be known to the PSW staff... and will be held accountable for the things they say.

Roscoe Ambel once said:
Pro-Tools is to audio what fluorescent is to light

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >