Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#512365 - 04/17/04 12:08 AM Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Loc: France

http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/

#512366 - 04/17/04 01:31 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

Loc: Riverside,CA,UNITED STATES
Sorry, but I don't get all the fuss. I like Mixerman, and I like Fletcher, and they're doing new forums. Sounds cool - especially the R/E/P forum (I loved that mag... RIP). But was this all the "ticking" was about - a couple of new forums? Don't get me wrong, that's cool and all... but IMO, MM built it up WAY too much.

Disappointing. \:\(
http://www.ssrstudio.com
http://www.philokeefe.com
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com
My New Forum on Harmony-Central

#512367 - 04/17/04 01:34 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

Now R/E/P... whew... we have some way cool shit we've been working on. We have some new moderators joining our ranks as does the MARSH. The folks joining R/E/P will be Klaus Heyne, Kevin Rose, Michael Wagener, Ross Hogarth, and George Massenburg [get the tie it... huh?, huh?]... and coming from the "recpit" will be Brad Blackwood, Harvey Gerst, John Klett, J. Hall and moi...

Oh, I see it now - GM as one of the moderators. Is that what all the fuss was about?

Does that mean we'll be saying goodbye to GM's participation here? Or will he moderate at both sites?
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

#512368 - 04/17/04 02:35 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Loc: Los Angeles,CA,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:
Sorry, but I don't get all the fuss. I like Mixerman, and I like Fletcher, and they're doing new forums. Sounds cool - especially the R/E/P forum (I loved that mag... RIP). But was this all the "ticking" was about - a couple of new forums? Don't get me wrong, that's cool and all... but IMO, MM built it up WAY too much.

Flecher wrote:

"The folks joining R/E/P will be Klaus Heyne, Kevin Rose, Michael Wagener, Ross Hogarth, and George Massenburg..."

Well, the ticking wasn't really meant for people such as yourself. In fact, I doubt this news will really affect you in the least. For others, it will be a slightly different story.

For the people it WAS meant for, they will understand why the bomb has gone off, soon enough. Technically speaking, Malice is slightly premature in his KA-BLAMMO! But for all intents and purposes, the suitcase is open, and the ticker is down to 10. The only reason that Malice even knows what the ticking is becuase he will be my bass moderator on the MARSH. He is planning on inviting many special marquis guests throughout the year that are well known for their bass playing prowress. Same goes for all the forums. Think of it like an interactive magazine.

I'm sure my ticking will all be understood soon enough. Far be it for me to clear up what George is more than capable of doing on his own. Personally, I have much work to do on the MARSH, which I'm quite high on right now. I'm looking forward to seeing all my fine friends from here, over on PSW - MARSH or otherwise.

I'll be honest. In some respects the bomb has gone off for me as well, albeit self-imposed. I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

BTW, we have very strict guidlines about outing on ProSoundWeb - which will be the number one interactive musicmaker site in the world in short order. Mark my words.

Hope you're well, Philip.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512369 - 04/17/04 03:45 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mixerman:
Quote:

Flecher wrote:

"The folks joining R/E/P will be Klaus Heyne, Kevin Rose, Michael Wagener, Ross Hogarth, and George Massenburg..."

Well, the ticking wasn't really meant for people such as yourself. In fact, I doubt this news will really affect you in the least. For others, it will be a slightly different story.

For the people it WAS meant for, they will understand why the bomb has gone off, soon enough. Technically speaking, Malice is slightly premature in his KA-BLAMMO! But for all intents and purposes, the suitcase is open, and the ticker is down to 10. The only reason that Malice even knows what the ticking is becuase he will be my bass moderator on the MARSH. He is planning on inviting many special marquis guests throughout the year that are well known for their bass playing prowress. Same goes for all the forums. Think of it like an interactive magazine.

I'm sure my ticking will all be understood soon enough. Far be it for me to clear up what George is more than capable of doing on his own. Personally, I have much work to do on the MARSH, which I'm quite high on right now. I'm looking forward to seeing all my fine friends from here, over on PSW - MARSH or otherwise.

I'll be honest. In some respects the bomb has gone off for me as well, albeit self-imposed. I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

BTW, we have very strict guidlines about outing on ProSoundWeb - which will be the number one interactive musicmaker site in the world in short order. Mark my words.

Hope you're well, Philip.

Mixerman
Eric,

I'm sad to hear you say that Curve and I "won't be getting into it" with you now that you've started the coolest place on the net. I don't know who will serve as our new whipping boy around here. Who else besides you and Sir Flechulance could provide us with such unintended humor...damn, this is depressing. And yet, at the same time, I always knew you were bound for the big leagues. I am hearing strains of "I Will Always Love You" and Tim Mcgraw's "Please Remember Me" as I wipe the tears from my Mac keyboard. Damn, dude, you're hard to get over. I might even have to read that PM you sent me a few weeks ago. Most likely you were telling me again how you were going to come over with your baseball bat and show me the light.

Do you think there's any chance that my cousin Curve and I could come over to the new place and be active members? I swear, I've GOT to be part of this historic change of Internet protocol. Honestly, Eric, you were SOOOOOO right to be giving us the "tick, tick, tick" thing....gosh, you HAVE delivered. In a BIG way! Tick, tick, tick. You're KILLING me, dude!

I am so excited to be alive to see this. First, electricity, then air travel, now, MARSH. Sheeet, Eric, I knew you when...

pOPSTAr

#512370 - 04/17/04 03:57 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Zen Producing

#512371 - 04/17/04 04:28 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]Bif,

I have never, ever sent you a private or public coorespondence threatening you.

You and Curve are welcome to come by PSW any time you like.

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Eric,

Our relationship isn't what it used to be...when you were just an aspiring engineer...you know...before you became a cultural phenom. You used to send me those suggestive PM's...things like:

"I want a call from you, and an appology. I deserve that. If I don't get a call from you, I'll just visit you personally, tomorrow, and everyday after until I see you."

That one tore me apart...but by the way, there is only one p in the word "apology".

Eric, how come you never stopped by?

If our time is over, I'll be re-living these moments and so many more just like them over and over in my head. Honestly, I don't know what I'll do without you. Thanks for the invite to the new site. Curve and I will most likely visit you often there.

PoPSTar

#512372 - 04/17/04 05:24 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
iomegaman Offline

Loc: Return to Top
Quote:
Originally posted by popstar:

PoPSTar
Dude I have a song for ya, hope you like it...

Grand Delusion

#512373 - 04/17/04 05:41 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by popstar:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mixerman:
[qb][QUOTE]

If our time is over, I'll be re-living these moments and so many more just like them over and over in my head. Honestly, I don't know what I'll do without you. Thanks for the invite to the new site. Curve and I will most likely visit you often there. There is little chance that either of us will be able to abstain. It would kill me to give you up...

PoPSTar
I'm counting on it.

Those don't look like threats to me, Bif. I don't read anything about baseball bats, or beating you up, or anything like that. I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512374 - 04/17/04 06:03 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
axis Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Denmark
Út al,

Congrats on the new forum..Looking forward to be hearing more about it in the the future, and hopfully joining myself..,-)

Kind regards

Peter

#512375 - 04/17/04 09:55 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[QUOTE]Those don't look like threats to me, Bif. I don't read anything about baseball bats, or beating you up, or anything like that. I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Eric, well, I AM glad that we all finally know what the tick...tick...tick is all about. I'm not really sure that it was all that you had cracked it up to be, but that's just my opinion. I mean, come on...do YOU really think it was worth all that tick, tick stuff? Really?

Still, in the spirit of the Donald, I do wish you the best with it. Starting a new direction is a good thing, gives you a new lease on life, gives you hope, inspiration, motivation. If it gives you any of these things, I'll be happy for you. May both you and Sir Fletch have a great time with it.

popSTaR

#512376 - 04/17/04 01:09 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Harvey Gerst Offline

Loc: Sanger, Texas, U.S.
Geez, and all this time, I thought the "tick...tick...tick" was just headphone bleed from the click track.

#512377 - 04/17/04 05:24 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

Loc: chicago,IL,UNITED STATES
if GM is leaving, what i don't understand is why he would allow
such a controversial Internet jack ass to act out the way he has here, and then leave to join that same jack asses forum.

that would mean george has no class, which i have to assume is not the case.

what's up with this george?

this doesn't seem like a professional way for you to exit eq.

#512378 - 04/17/04 06:04 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Harvey Gerst Offline

Loc: Sanger, Texas, U.S.
If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. And whatever George wants to do is his own business, not mine or anybody else's business.

"George has no class"? Gimme a fuckin' break. When any of us have achieved 1/4 of what George has accomplished in his life, maybe we'll be fit to judge or advise him. Till then, I'm comfortable with letting George do whatever the hell he wants to do, anyway he wants to do it.

If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. It serves no purpose.

#512379 - 04/17/04 06:13 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robocop:
if GM is leaving, what i don't understand is why he would allow
such a controversial Internet jack ass to act out the way he has here, and then leave to join that same jack asses forum.

that would mean george has no class, which i have to assume is not the case.

what's up with this george?

Robo,

you are aware of the "naked king" fable ?

You are pointing what you believe is a jackass ...

I do see a Jackass right now, pointing someone I like and respect

have a good day

malice

#512380 - 04/17/04 06:25 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
NoisyBoy Offline

Loc: LA, USA
All I can say is that if the new forum has any more of this personal weinie-fest garbage on it, I'll be avoiding that one too.

Get a FREAKIN' LIFE you guys.

#512381 - 04/17/04 06:26 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Gtoledo3 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Tampa,FL,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Harvey Gerst:
If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. And whatever George wants to do is his own business, not mine or anybody else's business.

"George has no class"? Gimme a fuckin' break. When any of us have achieved 1/4 of what George has accomplished in his life, maybe we'll be fit to judge or advise him. Till then, I'm comfortable with letting George do whatever the hell he wants to do, anyway he wants to do it.

If I were GM, I'd just delete this whole thread. It serves no purpose.
Hmmm, I take robocop's comment as more like "when you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

#512382 - 04/17/04 06:52 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NoisyBoy:
All I can say is that if the new forum has any more of this personal weinie-fest garbage on it, I'll be avoiding that one too.

Get a FREAKIN' LIFE you guys.
Indeed.

Perhaps this is precisely why the ticking is so signifigant.

I'm done now. Really.

Mixerman

Zen Producing

#512383 - 04/17/04 07:04 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

"Perhaps this is precisely why the ticking is so signifigant."

oh what a crock of shit that is.

and your swimming in it MM.

you filled the pot and now your flushing it.

your hypocrisy knows no boundary's.

------------------------------------------------------
"when you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

Gtoledo3
------------------------------------------------------

#512384 - 04/17/04 10:06 PM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Loco Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Miami Beach,FL,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobocop:
Yeah, Bobocop. Because you act like a Pro. Now you can get your own forum with Curse, ExaTroll, Cockstar, Hunchman, Johny Bush, Shermanator and all those regular flamethrowers.

As for the ticking.... too much marketing for such a small deal.

And the fleas that bite you come from rats, not dogs.

Now, where's my asbesto suit?

#512385 - 04/18/04 12:17 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Loco:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobocop:
Yeah, Bobocop. Because you act like a Pro. Now you can get your own forum with Curse, ExaTroll, Cockstar, Hunchman, Johny Bush, Shermanator and all those regular flamethrowers.

And the fleas that bite you come from rats, not dogs.

Now, where's my asbesto suit?
Locs,

Come on...cut a brother a break. I originally popped in here to counter the anti-Digi hogwash that MM and Fletch were continually spewing forth. I wanted above all else to let the newbies up here that the actual music industry (something that gear salesmen and forum moderators don't always know about) was nearly totally a ProTools world. And largely, through our perseverance, we've succeeded in keeping their clueless posturing on that topic to a minimum.

You'll notice that I'm not up here flaming all sorts of people. Actually, I think I was the first to publicly congrat you on your recent Grammy nom. I'm actually happy to see others do well. I'd even be happy to see MM or Fletcher do well as long as they didn't use baseless (hey, I guess I should say BASS-less, get it?) product-flaming to get attention.

And of course, I'm always happy to see you do well, because you're hanging with Missy E. and that gang. And I have MUCH respect for all that. Big up.

PopSTAR

#512386 - 04/18/04 12:43 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

I wanted above all else to let the newbies up here that the actual music industry (something that gear salesmen and forum moderators don't always know about) was nearly totally a ProTools world.

Well, while I'm not exactly a "newbie" and I'm not a big name, I do moderate a forum, and I do use Pro Tools - and I'm active enough to know that it's the predominant "standard"... but I also recognise that good work can be done on other platforms. To each their own - I never understood some of the gear arguments that go on. Discussions of the benefits, features, needed improvements and weaknesses of any given audio product are important, but some of these arguments go far beyond that - it's almost as though people take it as a personal attack on them if someone is using a different platform or says anything negative about gear that they own or use.

The moderator of a forum can "set the mood" and tone of the forum, but short of a pay for use service (which I don't think would be popular - look at the recording.org situation from a while back), I don't see how any site can completely eliminate flamefests, spam and trolls. All you can do is try to set a good example, foster a culture of respect, courtesy and tolerance of diversity and try to intervene when things get out of hand.

As for the "clueless" part, I leave that for others to decide. I'm too busy working, learning and trying to get better at my craft. \:\)
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

#512387 - 04/18/04 01:11 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Spring Hill, TN, US
Quote:
[QUOTE]I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

Mixerman
And then....

Quote:
[QUOTE]

I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.
Enjoy,
Mixerman
I can understand the forum transplant and I hope it goes well. Many of the other people involved are friends and I have great respect for them. So I hope it goes better than planned.

What I'm curious about is who is going to do MM's personality transplant?

MM, like a leopard you've been showing your spots for a long time on these forums. Who is going to change your spots?

Also, will you be using your real name? Would you consider calling an anonymous poster "a pathetic old man who is about to lose his business" a case of "outing?" What are those "very strict guidelines" on outing? Since I don't post anonymously (except to your forum }:-), it wouldn't affect me anyway.

#512388 - 04/18/04 01:34 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Robocop Offline

"The moderator of a forum can "set the mood" and tone of the forum, .................................All you can do is try to set a good example, foster a culture of respect, courtesy and tolerance of diversity and try to intervene when things get out of hand."

couldn't of said it any better phil.

look at MM. he acts like a pompous ass with a total lack of "respect, courtesy and tolerance of diversity".

he moderates according to his mood swings.

GM, kinda like a country gentlemen only when needed due to some moronic ploy or something.

i don't see the fit here.

now if GM is going to this new forum, yes, that is his business
and nobody elses, but i just don't see how he would allow it to go down this way with MM leaving shit all over his old house.

GM has real integrity and credibility.

MM has zero when you consider the fact that he is only a brand name for an internet forum. he is obviously afraid to let his real identity be known or confirmed. he can very easily throw shit around about digidesign and mix mag alot easier as MM then who he really is.

there is always an angle with this fake. i mean look at the facts, he and flecther have an audio internet forum where they are constantly dissing digi to all thier forum members, as well as competing forums, while extolling the greatness of radar and the db2.

well guess who sells radar and the db2?

mercenary.

these guys are on the opposite side of the street.

so why is it any different?

#512389 - 04/18/04 01:39 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
[qb]Well, while I'm not exactly a "newbie" and I'm not be a big name, I do moderate a forum, and I do use Pro Tools
Philip,

I was only referring to moderators named Mixerman. I don't have ANY problem with anyone using ANY format, as long as they don't try to convince anyone else that such and such a format is or is not popular among professionals.

ps

#512390 - 04/18/04 01:46 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 3D Audio:
Quote:
[QUOTE]I won't likely be getting into it with the likes of popstar or Curve any more. Those days are over. Partially due to the coming circumstances. Partially because I am intent on making MARSH the biggest music forum on the net, and that will require all of my alloted on-line attention.

Mixerman
And then....

Quote:
[QUOTE]

I never visited you because frnakly you're not worth the gas or time. You're a pathetic old man, who is about to lose his business.
Enjoy,
Mixerman
I can understand the forum transplant and I hope it goes well. Many of the other people involved are friends and I have great respect for them. So I hope it goes better than planned.

What I'm curious about is who is going to do MM's personality transplant?

Also, will you be using your real name? Would you consider calling an anonymous poster "a pathetic old man who is about to lose his business" a case of "outing?" What are those "very strict guidelines" on outing? Since I don't post anonymously (except to your forum }:-), it wouldn't affect me anyway.
Lynn,

I can't wait to try the old "strict guidelines on outing" up at MM's forum. That should really be entertainment!

ps

#512391 - 04/18/04 01:55 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
3D Audio Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Spring Hill, TN, US
For what it's worth, I still don't know who the "outed" Popstar is. And MM actually called and told me himself who he was. So "outing" is not an issue for me. I do appreciate the chance to know who a poster is so you can evaluate their credibility.

"I don't want to be bothered by people who know who I really am."

Those with serious credentials don't need to hide behind pseudonyms. George Massenburg, Michael Wagener. Look up their allmusic.com discographies and see what they have to hide.

This is not directed at any individual, but if these guys can post under their real names, I think the argument mentioned above falls flat.

Take off the mask and show your real face. Unless you have too much to hide.

#512392 - 04/18/04 01:59 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
popstar Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Robocop:
he and flecther have an audio internet forum where they are constantly dissing digi to all thier forum members, as well as competing forums, while extolling the greatness of radar and the db2.

well guess who sells radar and the db2?

mercenary.
That's what I get the biggest charge out of...the two of them are like Carnival barkers trying to cheat the innocents out of their money. To think that Fletch would so openly diss the lines he doesn't carry just to make a buck. Damn, that's desparate.

But hey, I hope for their success...

ps

#512393 - 04/18/04 02:11 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
malice Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Loco:

Not for the resident trolls. They seem to be getting VERY upset. I think
Mixerman is probably saying that the party's over for these guys.

From what I understand of the new REP, I think he's right.

Malice

#512394 - 04/18/04 02:13 AM Re: Tick tick tick ...
Mixerman Offline

[crunch, crunch, crunch]

This is great stuff guys!

Get in your licks while you can. This is the greatest bunch of Mixerman haters (and followers) ever assembled.

Hey Lynn, thanks for letting everyone know that even YOU can't stay away from the Mixerman forum. I mean, that's just fantastic. I'm going to call my Mom!

Love ya Robo!

Enjoy,

Mixerman

Zen Producing

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >