Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling bass

francisk

If you own or play an Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling bass guitar, please continue reading this!

I have opened a webspace devoted to this exceptional instrument www.irishshowbands.net/sterling.htm where photos of bass-players from all over the world will be displayed.

Some professionals (Dave La Rue, Tim Foreman, Stephanie Ashworth, Dana Forrester, Murphy Karges, etc.) as well as some semi-pro players have already contributed photos and I now invite any Sterling players in this forum to be part of what will eventually be the definitive Sterling photo-album on the web!

Please email a quality photo of you and your bass to kenfran@eircom.net and within a few days it will be published on my website.

Many thanks,

Francis (Ireland)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ATM:

This set off my SPAMdar, but upon inspection, I notice our own Father Gino (unless I'm terribly wrong) in the pole position.

ATM

Yup, that's me. Quite the honor being #1 right before Dave LaRue. Seeing that web site makes me realize a few things:

1. I guess I don't wear my bass so low for a Sterling slinger.

2. I've got to get some better pictures of me. Then again, maybe I look better a little blurry.

We've got a few Sterling players around here. Hopefully they'll contribute! I'll see if I can manage a decent shot of mine.

Great idea to make a Sterling photo album, I think. These are really wonderful instruments, but tend to get overshadowed by the Stingray (which, of course, is also wonderful).

Jeremy bought SteveC's Wendler fretless.

I have a StingRay5 fretless that I love. I would expect that Jeremy's Sterling fretless was a wonderful instrument -- and that clear pickguard over a nice honeyburst was a killer look.

Peace.

--S-Dub

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

And for all you regular folk, I am going to start the, "Cheap P-Bass Knock off Club".

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Originally posted by Stackimo:

And for all you regular folk, I am going to start the, "Cheap P-Bass Knock off Club".

I've got a rather decent old Sunn Mustang P Bass and could submit pics of that!!!

:P

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I'll have to search for a picture of me playing my Sterling that doesn't suck. Or, you know, maybe I'll get The Girl to take a picture of me tonight sitting in the practice room.

The MM Sterling is a great bass. They're like mini-Stingray's but with more tonal variety. If they only made a 5 string version...

Archived