Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

moving amps

josh a

Ok heres the question, I'm 15, going to be getting a laney r2, could I move it around on my own? It's 28kgs im 5'11". I'm 11 stone, I'm not fat, I'm pretty buff.

I would be taking it on the train and moving it like 250 metres.

Could I put it on a skateboard?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're about my size and I don't have a problem with that weight of gear. Just make sure not to bend over and lift with your back, and I prefer to keep a balanced load (similar weight on both arms) or keep one load high and centered to avoid excessive sideways strain on the trunk or neck muscles.

There seems to be two of the same threads.

As mentioned in the other, if you have any distance to go, I would suggest getting a handcart and rigging a tie system. That way, as mentioned by Clark, you do not strain yourself which would disable you as a bass player.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

I thought EVERY bass player had at least ONE handcart permanently lodged in their vehicle...lol.. I do...Also works good with PA subs and amp racks.. I'm the youngest guy in the band (48), and I'm sure more than one doctor bill has been avoided using these...

As I said in the other thread - I have a Laney R2. Use the 'Search' button at the top of the page and search for 'Laney R2' and you'll find further discussion.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I had a lady singer once who worked out and carried my Carvin 4x10 (between 70-80lbs) across a crowd of people and onto the stage. Needless to say it was love at first sight... :love:

(I have two busted lower lumbar disks and a bad right foot, over 50, overweight and out of shape but I can still carry this and other 4x10s on my own)

...today she's one of my current singers but she's engaged. I'm still in love, though, but maybe she'll give me a hand with the SWR Goliath cab someday... :D

Archived