Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S. Duncan system for fretless bass.....

jlrush

I saw on the Duncan website what was called something like "Steve Bailey's System For Fretless Bass". I guess it's a type of preamp that you can install in the back of your fretless bass and enhances all the qualities of fretless. One of the VP's at Duncan said they can be used with your current pickups, too.

I was wondering if anyone has ever bought one of these and how they might sound. I know Seymour's Basslines are quality pups.

Also, does anyone know the differences between Bartolini and Duncan pups as far as the way they sound?

Jim

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I don't have that exact system, I do have a Duncan preamp in one of my basses. Good-sounding, reliable system with very intuitive controls. If the fretless system is anything like mine (STC-3 ?? if I remember) it's a quality unit. . .

"When it comes to havin' a good time, nothing beats 'fun'. . ."

-- Stefan Johnson

Steve, I have an American standard fretless Jazz bass w/ stock pups and was thinking of putting the Steve Bailey system in it. I also have an MIM Jazz 5, w/LaBella Super Step strings. They are awesome. In addition I have a P that I put together. Basslines, BAII bridge, Jazz neck, and it's nice!! The Basslines make a world of difference in the sound.

Fred, thanks for the photo. Maybe I'll give

Steve a jingle. What a hog of a bass that is, eh? Like a fine Harley Davidson! Is that a Spector?

Maybe someday I'll figure out how to send photos. Never have been a tech junkie, in computers or music.

Thanks all, Jim

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Archived