Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Raffling off a bass tomorrow night at a show

No, not one of mine.

Late September Dogs are playing a fund raiser show tomorrow night for a woman who is a bartender and booking agent for a big Seattle club. She recently got sick and had to spend 5 days in the hospital (something bad happened with her pancreas). Anyway, she has no medical insurance and has friggin' huge medical bills to pay. I'm scoring a Dean 4 string bass for really cheap from a local, super bad-ass bass store for the raffle bass. I'll play the bass at our show tomorrow night and then we'll pull a name out of a hat/bucket/stripper/whoknows? and someone will win the bass right after I get done taking it for a test drive. :)

If you live in the Seattle area, be sure to come on down to The Fenix tomorrow night and enter to win! I have NO clue how much a ticket will cost. I believe it's going to be ~$5 per entry - so basically ONE drink.

Sorry for such a late notice on this, I just thought to do this today and got done making the necessary phone calls litterally minutes ago. Unfortunately, we have no way to take entries from afar. :(

I'll be sure to get pictures and post 'em.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you autograph the bass?

Will Liz give a kiss to the winner during the ceremonial passing over of the bass? Or perhaps you will supply said smooch?

So many questions...

Gig on, my brutha! It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: "Forget not The Rock."

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

So, I went down to the benefit show in question. Dr. Sweets, I can assure you, the rock was not forgotten, the rock was plentiful.

As I expected, Brian is one badass bass player, although I found myself distracted from the chops by the amazing Liz Teisan. That girl is the definition of "all kinds of hot", with a voice and stage presense to match.

Unfortunately I did not win the bass, or even the g**tar that was also up for grabs. Ah well, at least my 4 dollars in raffle tickets went to a good cause and all.

Sidenote: I heard a couple of dudes betting their bar tabs for the evening that they could get Liz's phone number.

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

As I expected, Brian is one badass bass player, although I found myself distracted from the chops by the amazing Liz Teisan. That girl is the definition of "all kinds of hot", with a voice and stage presense to match.

By Job, I'm in love :love: She is as Chris says she is :)

I DL'd some of the tracks, and will give them a spin later on, I'm curious to hear you lot :thu:

So, anyone from the forum win that bass?

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

CoD, thanks for the report. Did Bumpcity kiss the winner of the bass? If so, that action in and of itself might be the definition of "all kinds of gross"... :P:D

Bumpdawg, got any more scoop on this particular gigalonious maximus?

Y'all don't cover Pat A's tune, Chango, do you? That's a hot track with a nice vibe.

Spreadin' the luv like no other,

--S-Dub

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

It was great to finally meet Chris the other night!! Thanks for coming to the show, man!!

So, I went down to the benefit show in question. Dr. Sweets, I can assure you, the rock was not forgotten, the rock was plentiful.

Liz is amazing, innit she? Lots of sound comes out of that tiny person. She brings a healthy dose of The Rock.

Unfortunately I did not win the bass, or even the g**tar that was also up for grabs. Ah well, at least my 4 dollars in raffle tickets went to a good cause and all.

I was standing there thinking good thoughts for you, man! I really hoped you were gonna win it! It played remarkably well for a bass that cost less than $150. This is what we raffled off . It came complete with a 'hardshell case'... the cardboard box that it came in. :D

Sidenote: I heard a couple of dudes betting their bar tabs for the evening that they could get Liz's phone number.

Heh... good luck with that, guys... she just broke up with her boyfriend of ~3 years and is enjoying the single life.

Archived