Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FINALLY, real gig spam from the cracker

The Fonz

okeedokee. modern electric has its very first live performance in front of people officially booked. and it's on short notice.

The Studio presents:

modern electric at the Bitter End

10:30 Friday, October 7th.

$8

147 Bleecker Street (between Thompson and LaGuardia)

New York City, NY 10012

phone: (212) 673-7030

be there or be a rhombus.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unless i'm mistaken, you talk too much, homeboy you never SHUT UP.

ah, big willie. what are the odds that you are ALWAYS out of town when i book a gig?

enjoy the free(ish, you are bringing a gift) booze and food better than i will eat that night.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Ace - best of luck - have a blast !!

Even if I wasn't in quarterly-work-death mode, 11:30 is tough to make on a school night.

Knock em' out!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

hell yeah! we had a crappy rehearsal tonight, complete with an attempted re-arrangement of a song we just can't get right. this crappy rehearsal had everything: the room was disgustingly hot (at least 15 degrees hotter than than the hall) and humid, we weren't feeling any grooves at all, the guitar player and i were out of tune for half the rehearsal, my hand cramped 10 minutes in, and the singer was laying eggs left and right.

and we all know what that means...

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Wow, Maury, I'm surprised you posted before bed.

I was not that... functional.

It was a good set, kids. Modern Electric brought the rocque, and despite some minor technical glitches and a very, very late start, the bar had a good time, even with the ...interesting opening acts. Ace had some seemingly Hartke-related tone issues, but the band works well together and pulled it off.

The tunes are kinda heavy with cool riffs, right up my alley. And Jeff, the lead singer (who is also a bass player) is a watchable presence on stage, and can actually sing some too. :D

Seriously, it sounded good. Really good.

I will attend another show or two, I think.

School night or not. :)

Between Maury and myself, I think over 200 pics were taken of the roughly 40 minute set.

I'll post some asap.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Hello again all.

As promised, here's a few pics of last night's festivities.

My apologies to those whose names I have forgotten. I have no excuse. Bite me.

Here ya go:

The Singer

The Guitarist

The Drummer

The Bass Player :)

And a bonus pic:

Ace channels Lemmy

More if asked... :D

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

let me extend my thanks ot the photojournalists in the crowd. the band has been looking for some pr-type photos and we got a few doozies there.

i thought for sure i was gonna get fired afterwards, i feel like i played like ass. but everyone seems to think it went well and that my problems were more of the technical variety.

overall, the show had me feeling good. i would say that the bands before us were cover bands for the middle aged set, but that would be a slap in the face to our noble capasso whos band kicks ass. the bands before us were playing lots of moody blues stuff and really trying hard but it was clear that their lives get in the way a bit much.

met bob, the dude who owns "the studio" (our rehearsal spot and the people who promote this show when it happens). he gave us a very enthusiastic intro and sign off... something he hadn't done for the bands before. and he made a point of being energetic when seeking us out and greeting us. a good sign i think. seems like the guys at our rehearsal place have a little faith in our version of le rocque. hopefully a good sign.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by getz76:

The rig you see in the background of the last shot consisted of a Hartke 4x10 on top of a Bag End 4x10 with a Hartke head.

Why even bring the Hartke 4x10?

To keep the head at eye level.

That's funny. Very funny.

Congrats, Ace! I'll make a gig one of these days. Yeah, I know...promises, promises.

Dig it, I like the Norwood Fisheresque tall mic approach. Word. Lemmy channeling or not.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Glad it went well overall. That means it only gets better.

And now I know what to do if I ever get a cab I don't like :)

The photos look great, and I am curious as to why the high microphone placement - opening the throat?

Keep rockin!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived