Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

musciansfriend.com question

Shaggy8900

i was just wondering if anyone has ordered off of this site, and how long does it take for the item to get there? i want to order my bass early(i only need 30 more dollars) but i also want to have it all payed off (to my parents) before it gets here. I just want to order it early so i dont have to wait as long for it

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always really quick for me. Very good customer service, as well. Cannot say the same for Music 123. It took them a month to ship me case that was in-stock. Everytime I called into customer service, it was always a recording and it always hung up on me after 30 minutes. When I finally got to a real person, she apologized but offered no explanation nor solution. MF has always been good, though.

I've had several good experiences with MF. Most items are delivered promptly, and on the one or two occasions when I needed to return something, they were very easy to deal with.

And I've had one bad experience with Music123. I bought a bass and gig bag from them last summer. The bass came right away, but they didn't ship the bag, although they charged me for it, and the shipping. After many E-mails and phone calls, I finally got credited for the bag and shipping. About a month later they sent me a postcard by way of apology, offering me free shipping on any item. Wow, big deal, free shipping! In the meantime, I had ordered the bag from MF and got it in about 4 days, and shipping was free anyhow, because the order was over $50.

So yes, I like MF.

Bruiser

I believe we spend time trashing GC (the store) as opposed to MF (the mail order). Most of the really horrible GC stories tend to be ooky gear, clueless sales staff, or mathematically challenged clerical staff. Yes, ooky is a word. Look it up!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Originally posted by Social Critic:

Yes, ooky is a word. Look it up!

Well, it isn't in my Collins Shorter English Dictionary, so tell me what it means.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

Originally posted by Social Critic:

Yes, ooky is a word. Look it up!

Well, it isn't in my Collins Shorter English Dictionary, so tell me what it means.

G.

My dictionary had a picture of this guy:

http://www.doriabiddle.com/sitebuilder/images/Fester-250x185.jpg

BTW, I've used Musician's Friend several times. Never had a problem.

Push the button Frank.

Haven't used them in a couple of years, but MF always did right by me.

Once time I returned a pedal and got a credit voucher for it, thinking I'd order something right away. Got the voucher in the mail a week before I had to move cross-country, so I just packed it away and forgot about it. Over a year later I found the voucher and wrote them a letter asking if they'd still honor it. THEY DID!

Many years ago I happened to be working in Medford OR and had a chance to stop by their warehouse. The people I met lived up to the store's name and I had a nice visit. I don't know if they're still there or not, probably now the storefront's a GC. But I'd recommend them as they're more willing to fix order problems than most other mail order outlets.

:wave:

Originally posted by cornbread:

Yep, Bruiser, same thing happened to me. So, I'm going to just wait 4 weeks to pay them and see what they have to say. I even cancelled an item, but they shipped it anyway. I'm going to deduct that from what I owe because if they can't get their stuff right, why should I?

Yeah, they billed me for three-day shipping, even though it was never shipped!

Bruiser

Archived