Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

guild/burnside headless street bass

zkat

I just picked up a headless bass made by Guild/Burnside and licensed by Steinberger. It has a neck-thru body & looks like a Steinberger. I have searched everywhere and can't find one like it anywhere or any mention of one. Has anybody ever heard of this beast?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to ze Forum, zkat! :wave:

While I can't swear to this, wraub's photos look like this is identical to the model marketed under Cort's name, and Cort uses that same "mystery factory in South Korea"

(spooky theremin-laced 50s horror music in the background slowly gets louder... :D )

that builds basses for at least a third of the instrument "makers" on the planet. My best bud owns the Cort version (fretless, in black) and though setting the bridge takes time and patience it puts out a nice amplified sound. The neck-through helps it, I'm sure.

I don't know if it would be the same factory, but Guild (now a Fender subsidiary) used to market Ashbory basses that are now marketed by Fender, and those are also Korean-made. OTOH, this might be more of a "six degrees of separation" so that every instrument company in the world can eventually trace down a link to that "mystery factory in South Korea".

(the spooky theremin-laced 50s horror music is now in the forefront and crescendoes, then suddendly, silence... :D )

Archived