Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey, Rold...

You're in BC, right? How far are you from Whistler? I just found out that some buddies of mine are going up to play the Whistler Blues and Jazz Fest. Logged on to the site, looks pretty cool up there. Reminds me of Valdez, where I used to live. Miss the Great Northwest...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Tedster, We're pretty much at the same latitude as whistler (I think we have the same area code), but we're on the coast and Whistler is a little more inland. About a 40 minute ferry ride and half hour drive away.. When are they playing? What venue? Whistler is a really cool place. Expensive but cool. Real estate there shot up 10 times the original value since 1990. The smallest house you can find is a minimum $1M CDN. World-class skiing and snowboarding though. Hopefully it's not this week; my wife and I are heading out to the west coast of Vancouver island for a little vacation..awesome surfing etc..If we're back before they're playing, we'll try and make it down. Thanks for the heads up man! All best, Harold
meh

I lived Up in Whistler in 1990. If you are into skiing it is an amazing place to be. Alot of people die up there every year. You don't hear about it of course, but the skiing can be very extreme if you go to the right places, Which is a really great thing if you are a good skiier. Last time i skied there i broke my foot! Bring ALOT of money if you go. I also grew up where i believe ROLD is living now.(Gibsons)? Everone has heard of the Beachcombers, right? Molly's Reach? Relic did a speach at our grad cerimony. He was incredibly serious and boring. What part of the coast are you on Rold?

I'm not sure when it is...it might be this weekend though... The name of their band is "The Groove Bros."...they're a blues band. I guess [url=http://www.tourismwhistler.com]www.tourismwhistler.com[/url] has a thing on the "Blues and Jazz Festival" coming up. That's where they'll be performing.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived