Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of our greatest minds have actually proved it with a theorom: Women takes time and money. Women = time x money Time IS money Women = money x money = money ^ 2 Money is the root of all evil money = sqrt(evil) => money^2 = evil since women = money^2 women = evil :D (don't bash me, It's a joke)

Aaarrggg...on another thread Lee "accidentally" explained a long-standing riddle of my teenage years, and now I feel like a blue-ribbon buffoon...off to grab a couple of beers while the gray-haired guys laugh at my sorry ass... :o

At first they seem so sweet they may even dress you neat, she says 'oh! your in a band... gosh that is so grand'. In time you call her 'Honey' just about the time she takes your money, you say 'I've got a gig tonight' she says 'Thats bullshit, you've had a gig every weekend since we met and now its time to spend your weekends with me. Whats more important me or your band.' You say 'To be honest and to be true, I'll take my music over you. Goodbye girl, what was your name? I'll hook up tonight just the same'. ikestr
...hertz down low....

Okay, you know I'm shucking and jiving. Still, it's a trippy thing. All I have to say at this point is... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... What would be really cool is if I could have all this male/female stuff figured out when I was a grandfather and didn't give a shit anymore, sitting back drinking beer watching the kids play it out all out over again. Now there's another thought...

From Ry Cooder's Bop till you drop: My father told me, on his bed of death Said woman, gonna take care of herself While shes living high on the hog You'll be down there scrufflin like a dog The very thing makes her rich, will make you poor
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by d gauss: [b]<> generally don't have penises. i like that. -d. gauss[/b][/quote]WHAT???????? DANG!!!!!!!!!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote][i]Bobro said:[/i] [b]and it'll take you 15 years later to understand you've been handled like a tool.[/b][/quote]and hopefully, part of the understanding will be the realization that the only constant in the whole equation was...[b]you.[/b] :D
Go tell someone you love that you love them.

What I'm only beginning to learn is, women have a different logic than men. Neither is more right or wrong but men think women's logic is illogical and probably vice versa. This is why I've had a lot of trouble "figuring out" women. I've been trying to apply my logic to their behaviour which doesn't fit. Now I try to learn a little of their logic which explains their behaviour a lot better. Of course, this is a generalization but I think it applies to a lot of cases.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

[quote]Originally posted by Bobro: [b]What would be really cool is if I could have all this male/female stuff figured out when I was a grandfather[/b][/quote]Give up. Now. You'll save yourself a lot of anguish if you just accept that we'll never, ever understand them. And that's okay. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]Well, what is it you don't understand? Perhaps I can help. :) --Lee[/b][/quote]Thanks Lee...you already explained something on the other thread. Made my day to say "Doh!" like Homer Simpson and have a good laugh at myself. Happily married to a wonderful, beautiful, bright and fiery lady since 97, must be doing something right even if I don't know what it is! :)

[quote]Originally posted by riffing: [b]What I'm only beginning to learn is, women have a different logic than men.[/b][/quote]Is that difference due to social training, or is it just [i]NATURE'S WAY[/i] of confounding seemingly simple things, so our breeding doesn't go unchecked? 'CAUSE I WANNA KNOW...

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Bobro: [b]on another thread Lee "accidentally" explained a long-standing riddle of my teenage years, [/b][/quote]Ooooh! Which thread is that? Maybe we can all benefit.[/b][/quote]Over on the thread about bugging Cereal until he posts 2,000. Well as they say...Vive la Difference. :)

Riffing hit the nail on the head. Ive been into that train of thought for years. Women have always been suprised out how well I understand them. Women [i]must[/i] be evil. They're the only animal on the planet that can bleed for 7 days straight and not die! "Lots of people talkin' Few of them know The soul of a woman Was created below"

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

[quote]Originally posted by Bobro: [b]What would be really cool is if I could have all this male/female stuff figured out [/b] [/quote]There's nothing to figure out, humans are all deceitful and untrustworthy. Women are just better at appearing to the contrary. Deftly skilled at hiding it, while at the same time being moronic at NOT seeing it when it's out in the open. That's the ironic twist.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

HEARTACHES BY THE NUMBER Written by Harlan Howard (As performed by Ray Price) Heartache number one was when you left me I never knew that I could hurt this way And heartache number two was when you come back again You came back and never meant to stay (Chorus) Now I've got heartaches by the number, troubles by the score Ev'ryday you love me less, each day I love you more Yes I've got heartaches by the number, a love that I can't win But the day that I stop counting, that's the day my world will end Heartache number three was when you called me And said that you were coming back to stay With hopeful heart I waited for your knock on the door I waited but you must have lost your way --------------- /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Bobro: [b]What would be really cool is if I could have all this male/female stuff figured out [/b] [/quote]There's nothing to figure out, humans are all deceitful and untrustworthy. Women are just better at appearing to the contrary. Deftly skilled at hiding it, while at the same time being moronic at NOT seeing it when it's out in the open. That's the ironic twist.[/b][/quote]Hahaha! I don't buy it- and I'm not talking about understanding things in words, but in deeds and feelings. The "ironic twist" is that I don't claim to "understand" any other person on earth but somehow manage to have fantastic friendships and a great marriage....hmmmmmmmmmmm...... Fairy-tales are better at "explaining" how things work with people than science or cynicism, IMO. But whatever works for you.

• 1 month later...
LOL, I've had that picture for a couple of years now but it still cracks me up every time I see it! Although I'm definitely more in the middle of the two somewhere... at least the layout of my front panel is better organized than that! :D Most men I know have a few knobs of their own too... or at least one "knob", I think it's their "gain control". :D

Archived