Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Talk About KickBacks

I was reading the newspaper this morning and my jaw dropped open. The State of North Carolina is the biggest producer of tobacco in the country. Right? They received a settlement from the Tobacco industry for 4.6 Billion dollars to be paid in installments over a period of years. The money is supposed to go towards health care. Last year 43 million dollars of the 57 million received went to tobacco production and marketing. Can you believe that? I'd make a settlement too if I knew I'd be getting it right back. If I find a link to the story I'll post it. I wonder what's going on in the other states.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is an odd place - I used to do some work there a fews years ago - go into a conference room at RJR for a meeting and everyone would light up and choke me out. Like going back in time or something. They are very protective of their bread and butter as well as apparently defient about the health hazzards.

Steve Powell - Bull Moon Digital

www.bullmoondigital.com

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]I'm not interested in Nascar, and I'm really not a basketball fan.[/b][/quote]Hey ain't nothin' wrong with NASCAR, just went to Michigan June 14, goin' to Joliet July 11. There's racing up north too ya know! Check it out. Bass seball benn berry berry good to Chicago. Until lately that is. Sly :cool:
Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Wewus, A couple of years ago, Southern Orange County, California, got a huge settlement. It was supposed to go to subsidizing medical claims related to tobacco, and youth education towards the hazards of smoking. Instead of those things, the money is funding sidewalk maintenance, street renovation, intersection cams., and bond issues that came due. I feel sorry for the people int he hospital who could have used that money...

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Archived