Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fun with mp3

BenLoy

Here's a good kick in the butt I've discovered through the miracle of iPods and obsessive ripping of entire record collections.

I've got a good 1/3rd of my records ripped into mp3 format now on my iPod, and I've found it's a great kick in the butt to put the whole darn thing on "shuffle" (more than 2000 songs), and attempt to play along with whatever tune happens to pop up, using your ears. Good training, especially if you record collection is all over the place stylisically, like mine is.

I hear players used do something similar to this utilizing some ancient, crude device they called "radio" or something. :D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BenLoy:

I hear players used do something similar to this utilizing some ancient, crude device they called "radio" or something. :D

Ya' know... I used to do that to the "radio", but got tired of having to listen to the music that was on it.

It never even occured to me to play along to my bajillion MP3s (most of which are ripped from my own CDs, or my girlfriends... I'm not a thief).

I'm gonna start doin' that!!!

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

My best stereo in the house is my PC... over the last 2 years I've ripped most of my collection to MP3 ( mostly filled 60GB ).

I've got about 10 playlists set in Winamp3... one being a 'Master' list. I'll play/groove along for a bit every week. It's a great way to work on your ear.

Originally posted by Addix Metzatricity:

It never even occured to me to play along to my bajillion MP3s (most of which are ripped from my own CDs, or my girlfriends... I'm not a thief).

[/QB]

According to the RIAA you're still a thief, since your girlfriend is (hopefully) not a blood relative or someone that lives in your home. I personally would never hold it against you or anyone else, though. I don't have lawyer blood flowing through my veins.
unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

i do that with the digitlal music station on my cable tv-

whip out the F bass and jam to the smooth jazz and r&b stations-

whip ot my Ned Steinberger NS EUB and jam along with the salsa and straight ahead jazz stations- much fun!!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Originally posted by hags2k:

According to the RIAA you're still a thief, since your girlfriend is (hopefully) not a blood relative or someone that lives in your home. I personally would never hold it against you or anyone else, though. I don't have lawyer blood flowing through my veins.

According to the RIAA, if you buy a loaf of bread and eat it too fast, you're a thief.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Variable Bit Rate Mp3's encoded at 320kbps(max) sound pretty good to me...the bit rate increases and decreases depending on the amount of audio information. The extreme highs and lows end up sounding less compressed.

My CDs sound better, of course...you hear more "air" around the highs.

Archived