Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eastman Strings Double Basses

jprocess

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't speak with authority about these basses. Somebody is importing them from somewhere.

I can speak with authority about 2 other basses...in about the same price range. Instruments I've actually put my hands on.

Lemur music has the "Laguna" at $2300 and another (can't remember the name) around $3500. Both of these are pretty good instruments, although I've seen a bit of decline in the Laguna. Here\'s a link.

Violin's Etcetera is out of Austin, and they are importing a damn fine instrument right now...in the $5000 range and worth every penny. Here\'s the link.

Remember...all these basses are built overseas....and the importers have no control over what the builders are doing. I can testify that the basses I mention are currently being played by several of my private students, and compare more than favorably to any bass I've seen...even those costing 40% more.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived