Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rising Low - Gov't Mule

Ben

I have watched all the stuff on the Rising Low DVD and have both Deep End discs. I really enjoyed seeing the musicians in action and in the very brief interviews. I didn't enjoy so much all the Mike Gordon talking and sophomoric humor (aura camera and music therapy), although the Joey Arkenstat schtik is cool. I thought he was for real and I had just never heard of him... Got me!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My son is the real Phish fan in our family. I like a lot of their music, but the Doniac Schvice style perpetual-tongue-in-cheek humor doesn't do all that much for me. But I enjoyed the DVD and watched all of it, including Mike's director's voice-over and the other optional stuff.

• 3 months later...

Finally saw it. I loved it and recommend it to all of you. I'm sure it has a little bit for everybody here, Entwistle,Rocco Prestia, Flea, Claypool, Bootsy, Billy Cox, Chris Squire, Chris Wood, George Porter jr. Jack Bruce, Phil Lesh, Tony Levin, Stefan Lessard, Larry Graham, Alphonso Johnson, Dave Schools, Jack Cassady, Meshell Ndegeocello, Mike Gordon, Mike Watt, Oteil Burbridge, Roger Glover, Willie Weeks and Joey Arkenstat ;) . And some bass philosophy in there too. It gets a :thu:

Even better I get to go see Gov't Mule tonight!

"Don't Ask Me I'm Just The Bassplayer" UBP

Archived