Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#390523 - 07/25/05 12:22 AM Looks like this could be the end!!
fantasticsound Offline
10k Club

Loc: Madison,TN, UNITED STATES
Nah!!! Just like the Underdog cartoon I pulled that phrase from, MP will still be here tomorrow, though the SSS will be gone.

In what is probably my last topic posted at SSS, I would like to tell you about my weekend. I think it's relevant to MP, the SSS and what this forum has stood for, IMO.

This is the third time I've written this post. I just want to say what a privledge it has been for me to be a part of such a vibrant community of musical people.

Yesterday I spent much of the day with NYC Drew during his stop here on the last day of a three week tour. Meeting him, especially before this place moves to its' new home is, to me, a great symbol of how far this community can reach. I would probably have never made that connection were it not for this forum. I might have worked with Drew and never really known what a consumate professional and gentleman he is.

So as the SSS moves on, I'd just like to say what a great experience it has been here at MP. I will continue to support whatever direction their forums take, and hope to see many old friends continue as well. At the same time, I'll contribute to the new home of the SSS and expect to keep up relationships there, as well.

I truly value time spent on these forums. Meeting other forumites in the real world adds a new dimension to the relationship. I look forward to meeting others of you in the coming months and years.

If you're in Nashville, don't hesitate to contact me.

Peace..

Soundclick
fntstcsnd

#390524 - 07/25/05 12:39 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I too, have really gained a lot from my time here, from hanging with MP forumites in D.C., Florida, Wisconsin, London...as well as being visited here in K.C., and the occasional gathering with some local K.C. folks.

And, even not in face to face meetings, one of the highlights of the power of the forums was to get together with folks from the U.K., the U.S., and Australia (you know who you are) to do the Tsunami relief thing. Hey, what we earned might have been a drop in the ocean compared to the big stars, but, we did it! We made a dent, even if it was a little gravel ding on a great big Cadillac.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This is John and Yoko's "bagism" incarnate...people getting together, not being able to hide their real selves, not seeing young or old, black or white (or any other color), fat or skinny, consummate pro or total novice, what have you, just people with a common love of music getting together.

And...it grows.

Here's to SSS...v 3.1!

#390525 - 07/25/05 01:22 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Anderton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

<>

Neil, you "get" it 100%. Hopefully SSS will now become all it can be, and these forums will finally serve the magazines in a more direct way. More choices, more options is a good thing IMO.

#390526 - 07/25/05 02:48 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Surrey, UK
HELLO Hello hello....

Is there anybody still in here??

#390527 - 07/25/05 02:57 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Just nod if you can hear me...

#390528 - 07/25/05 02:59 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Gus Lozada Offline
10k Club

Loc: Bunda LÚle Studios - Mexico
.. is there anyone at home?

#390529 - 07/25/05 03:05 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Surrey, UK
I'm just Numb at the prospect of not coming here everyday...

It's quite comfortable tho \:D

#390530 - 07/25/05 03:08 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

If you need to get even more comfortably numb, hop over to Boosh's "My Babies" thread. \:D

#390531 - 07/25/05 03:26 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
Jotown Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: The Galactic Center (░26 Sagit...
ROSEBUD..........ROSEBUD.........RoSeBuD............rOsEbUd.........roSeBuD.......rosEbUd............roseBuD................rosebUd.............rosebuD........rosebud........rosebu .........roseb.........rose........ros.........ro.........o......................................................................................................................... ((((((ROSEBUD!!!!!!))))))

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

#390532 - 07/25/05 03:31 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: NETHERLANDS
All things must pass. (George Harrison)

I'd like to thank all of you for having a great time here.

Peace, Han

#390533 - 07/25/05 07:37 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
fantasticsound Offline
10k Club

Loc: Madison,TN, UNITED STATES

Soundclick
fntstcsnd

#390534 - 07/25/05 10:47 AM Re: Looks like this could be the end!!
the stranger Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: THE TOP
In through the out door.