Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

G&L L-2500 wiring

JoseNeville

I need help. I any of you could open your G&L L-2500 or 2000 and tell me where should go the cables from the bass control pot, I didn't find the schematics on G&L site. I was trying to fix, but to black cables came out, I solder but did not function well, and a I have a dout on one of the white cables that go to the passive/active switch.

Thanks

Jose Neville

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I don't know the wire colors, but for the passive/active switch it looks like the center pole wire connects to the output jack's tip contact, and the bottom pole goes to the volume pot wiper, and the top pole goes through the preamp circuitry. I ahve no idea which of those two were colored white, though.

I have even less of an idea what the two black wires are for, but if you trace down what they connect to at the other end, you can probably find those spots on the old version schematic. Then, follow each line to the other end, that's what each needs to connect to. If you don't know what it is, at least you now can tell us where on the schematic, and we can maybe help you.

Archived