Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#390206 - 07/23/05 08:04 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: London
Thanks Ted, I wish i could say the same for yours! \:D

#390207 - 07/23/05 08:30 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

HAHAH...

That's Richard Kiel...of "Jaws" in the James Bond movies fame...playing an alien from an old "Twilight Zone" episode...

#390208 - 07/23/05 01:21 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dan South Offline
10k Club

Loc: Metuchen,NJ,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Tedster:
HAHAH...

That's Richard Kiel...of "Jaws" in the James Bond movies fame...playing an alien from an old "Twilight Zone" episode...
"To Serve Man" was the episode, if I'm not mistaken.

#390209 - 07/24/05 03:44 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Surrey, UK
SHOT MAN HAD NO CONNECTION TO BOMBINGS

Jesus

Sorry Dan, it may be quaint, but we damn will DO demand justification from our police forces for this!!!!

Ted, that lady is making progress and is eating again now, will look up some more info for you...

#390210 - 07/24/05 09:15 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan South:
Quote:
HAHAH...

"To Serve Man" was the episode, if I'm not mistaken.
Yup. Just like we shall learn to "serve" the HC forumites HAHAHAHAHA... \:D ;\)

#390211 - 07/24/05 11:48 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Henchman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Vancouver,,CANADA
Quote:
Originally posted by Base:
SHOT MAN HAD NO CONNECTION TO BOMBINGS

Jesus

Sorry Dan, it may be quaint, but we damn will DO demand justification from our police forces for this!!!!

Ted, that lady is making progress and is eating again now, will look up some more info for you...
A friend of mine from london, who has been on London based forums, says that he has read alot more info on those forums than has even been reported on the BBC.
He said that the guy had been seen wwandering around with a drawn gun. If that is true, then I'm sure the investigation will show this.

Reports claim the guy bolted through the turnstiles after being asked to stop by the police. And was then chased onto the platform by 20 police officers.

Now, I don't know about you, but if I was told to stop by 20 cops, in a city that has just had 4 bomb explosions 2 weeks before, I ceratinly wouldn't bolt.

#390212 - 07/24/05 12:15 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dan South Offline
10k Club

Quote:
Yup. Just like we shall learn to "serve" the HC forumites HAHAHAHAHA... \:D ;\)
;)

#390213 - 07/24/05 12:19 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dan South Offline
10k Club

Quote:
Originally posted by Base:

Yeah, well, when that "justice" arrives, please let me know. I'm not going to hold my breath. On BBC World Service last night a police official claimed that the incident was "completely justified."

#390214 - 07/24/05 12:51 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Haven't heard anything about a gun, we seem to be getting information trickled down to us. From what I know, he came out of a house being watched, and bolted when the police stopped him to be searched.

But yeah, I agree with you, not a good time to run from the cops. What we don't know of course, is if he was involved in anything else and thought that is what they wanted him for and didn't think they would use such lethal force to stop him...

#390215 - 07/24/05 12:52 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
shniggens Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Denvoid, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by Henchman:
A friend of mine from london, who has been on London based forums, says that he has read alot more info on those forums than has even been reported on the BBC.
He said that the guy had been seen wwandering around with a drawn gun. If that is true, then I'm sure the investigation will show this.

Reports claim the guy bolted through the turnstiles after being asked to stop by the police. And was then chased onto the platform by 20 police officers.

Now, I don't know about you, but if I was told to stop by 20 cops, in a city that has just had 4 bomb explosions 2 weeks before, I ceratinly wouldn't bolt. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Strange how you try to justify an act that, if had occurred in the US, you would have completely chastised.

#390216 - 07/24/05 12:59 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Henchman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by shniggens:
Strange how you try to justify an act that, if had occurred in the US, you would have completely chastised.
Not true. I don't care where it is, but if the cops ask you to stop, and you bolt, well then the consequneces are uor own responsibility, especially in a time of crisis, well, then you have yourself to blame for the outcome. If something similar had happened in New York during the first weeks after 9/11, it would have been justified, IMO.

Remember the case of the soldiers accused of murder becasue they shot those Iraqi's who wouldn't stop when they were told to?
I called that totally justified.
Do a search, and you will find that exact response from me.

However running away form the completely corrupt cops in New Orleans is a different story.

#390217 - 07/24/05 01:07 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dan South Offline
10k Club

Quote:
I don't care where it is, but if the cops ask you to stop, and you bolt, well then the consequneces are uor own responsibility, especially in a time of crisis, well, then you have yourself to blame for the outcome.
Agreed. The police have to make instantaneous life and death decisions. Never give them a reason to think that you could be a threat. Move slowly and comply with all instructions.

Quote:

However running away form the completely corrupt cops in New Orleans is a different story.
Well, perhaps this was the problem in this case, too. The man was from Brazil. Are the Brazilian police corrupt? Maybe a cultural difference caused the man to consider running instead of complying with instructions. Hopefully, we'll gain clarification eventually and not have to put up with an official smoke screen.

#390218 - 07/24/05 01:36 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Henchman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan South:
Well, perhaps this was the problem in this case, too. The man was from Brazil. Are the Brazilian police corrupt? Maybe a cultural difference caused the man to consider running instead of complying with instructions. Hopefully, we'll gain clarification eventually and not have to put up with an official smoke screen.
This explanation holds no water, a sthe man had lived in England for years.

#390219 - 07/25/05 05:53 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
This explanation holds no water, a sthe man had lived in England for years.
I was discussing this with someone yesterday, and I agree with you, he's lived here long enough for this explanantion not to work. I think we're all hoping a reason for him running is going to present itself soon but so far, it looks like he was just scared! I have to agree that the police made the right decision in the circumstances, but this is still a really big deal over here! This is also unfortunately exactly what the terrorists wanted to happen!! I don't think this guy was a Muslim, but it increasing tensions further... \:\(

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2