Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#390176 - 07/21/05 10:02 AM MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: London

#390177 - 07/21/05 10:50 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I saw that. I think there's only one way to deal with it...but if my method were applied, I wouldn't be a very popular person.

#390178 - 07/21/05 11:41 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Temecula, LoCal, USA
I'm watching CNN and Fox News to keep watch.

Be safe.

\:o

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#390179 - 07/21/05 11:57 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Super 8 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Loves Park, IL
I think Dak meant 'be safe'....and I agree with him.

These are crazy times we're living in.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just get along? I guess that'll never happen. Very sad.

Hear my stuff here
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-- George Bernard Shaw

#390180 - 07/21/05 03:30 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Funk Jazz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Planet Utah

appears to far less organized or effective this time, thank god \:\(

#390181 - 07/21/05 04:49 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The Police are now saying that the bombs that were attached to the detonators were of the same kind as those used on 7/7 and that some how they didnt go of because of some kind of a mistake or something and thank God for that!
I just hope that they find these bastards and soon as its obvious they have no concept of greif like this nation has been going through for the last couple of weeks.

#390182 - 07/21/05 05:02 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
fantasticsound Offline
10k Club

Loc: Madison,TN, UNITED STATES
That's what happens when your bomb builder goes on the first suicide mission. ;\)

Idiots! How they think this will break anyone's will is beyond me.

Suicide bombers are the worst kind of morons. They're not martyrs. They're not warriors. They're pathetic cowards romanticizing their own suicide by pretending there's some cause they are helping. Sadder still are how many people really want to die.

Soundclick
fntstcsnd

#390183 - 07/21/05 05:02 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Anifa Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Kansas City, Mo
Stay Safe my UK friends!

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

#390184 - 07/21/05 05:15 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Jeff Klopmeyer Offline
10k Club

Loc: Redondo Beach,CA,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by fantasticsound:
Suicide bombers are the worst kind of morons. They're not martyrs. They're not warriors. They're pathetic cowards romanticizing their own suicide by pretending there's some cause they are helping. Sadder still are how many people really want to die.
Neil, while I share your hatred of suicide bombers, please remember that many of these people are indoctrinated literally from birth to believe that what they do is honorable and with purpose.

The people I blame are those that use these folks as their tools for destruction. While the bombers may be stupid, I don't believe that they're as evil as those who create them.

- Jeff

#390185 - 07/21/05 06:13 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club

Loc: Riverside,CA,UNITED STATES
I'm with Jeff... it's the indoctrination and training of hatered that needs to be stopped... going after the individual foot soldi... nah, I'm not going to honor them by calling them "soldiers" :rolleyes: Anyway, going after the individuals and cells is fine and good, and needs to be done, but we also need to address the poverty and hopelessness that result in the refugee camps and gettos that the madrassas mine for recruits... and we need to do something about madrassas that teach haterd and violence, as well as the financial backers (Saudi Arabia, I'm looking in your direction). Attack the sources and not just the individual fanatics.

Stay safe UK - your in our hearts and prayers.
http://www.ssrstudio.com
http://www.philokeefe.com
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com
My New Forum on Harmony-Central

#390186 - 07/21/05 08:33 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shars:
its obvious they have no concept of greif like this nation has been going through for the last couple of weeks.
Ah my love, they do have the concept. They don't care. That's been indoctrinated into their minds since their births, as The Weasel said and Phil re-iterated.
The one thing that will help, and it's going to take time, is the new attitude from many of the Muslim clergy. Many of them are now saying the suicide bombers are not going to their heaven doing what they are doing and are putting that information out amongst their followers.
Reality will set in, in time, and sanity will reign.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#390187 - 07/21/05 08:43 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Boggs Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Rochester,NY,UNITED STATES
The insurgency is as big a headache for the majority of the Muslim world now because Muslims are killing Muslims as well as Europeans and Americans and Austrailians and... I am seeing more clergy stepping forward and finally denouncing these acts as against Muslim law as it is expressly forbidden in the Q'Ran. I am a Christian, but we have an Islamic Community Center right down the street from our church and we have shared community together many times. Our pastor and church members were the first ones to the Center after 911 to deflect hate calls and to batten down the hatches. Civility will eventually reign as it did in Europe after the Nazis were defeated and as The Crusades ended and as our own Civil War ended...

That being said, lets just hope the bombers in the UK continue to rely on Lucas Electronics for their detonators... Sorry. Couldn't resist. I owned a Triumph TR-7 in the past. Lucas invented and perfected dark...

I only joke briefly out of respect for the Brits. They are a brave people who can see humor in most anything and it is in a spirit of defiance that I joke. I hope you understand.

#390188 - 07/21/05 09:56 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Boggs:
Lucas invented and perfected dark...
\:D

Our Joint

#390189 - 07/21/05 10:20 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Robman2 Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I was setting up the show and yes, it's deplorable... idiots hold sway in many cultures and societal levals...

This civilized one we are fortunate to be part of (USA) is really no exception....and that is not cause for any unreasoned macabre acting out...but on many levels, our culture here, also has it's underside, homelesness, false imprisonment, underclass, starvation, corporate averice, politically sanctioned corporate welfare, sexual explotation and even religious and political opression now by otherwise upstanding moralists...

It's amazing even more to me because the hatered from every quarter is mispent and based upon emotional regression and belief, in most if not every instance, completly opposed to the teachings the actors of these events, are basing their tenets upon....

Call it what we will, our own political war or their holy one...essentially both will be called into question at some point even as tey also can be supported intellectually with some high justification for same...that's not a blanket approval of either, merely a statement of realistic observation...

Paradox indeed...

R

#390190 - 07/22/05 12:05 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
pseudonym Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I'm not at all happy with the violence that has befallen the great city of London and all other places, like Iraq, with people going NUTS. But, to "them", it must be some kind of "pay-back", thats a sad thing you gotta deal with, now that the "west" has invaded the middle east and plans to stay there for awhile.

I totally hate violence, I really do, I love music and art, unfortunately my name isn't Blair or Bush, so I can't do anything to get them out of the mid-east besides * them and I'm a very nice person whom dislikes murder of anyone. I thought we would really love after NAM, what a drag it turned-out to be!

#390191 - 07/22/05 03:37 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fantasticsound:
[qb]please remember that many of these people are indoctrinated literally from birth to believe that what they do is honorable and with purpose.
- Jeff
In most cases this seems to be true, but the bombers on 7/7 were born and raised in the UK and their families knew nothing about this, they really don't seem to have had this hammered into them from birth, something else triggered it. All but one of them has visited Pakistan in the last year. No one can explain how they seem to have been turned into evil killers seemingly so quickly?!?!

Boggs, joke away, despite the stiff upper lip, it's how we deal with almost everything. Without belittling the seriousness of the whole situation, I imagine these incompetent f&*kwits yesterday will be the source of much p!$$taking to come (probably on both sides!!!)...

#390192 - 07/22/05 05:38 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

MAN SHOT BY ARMED POLICE ON TUBE

Sh!t, from this it sounds like they had the guy down and still shot him dead! More to this than we have so far I think.

#390193 - 07/22/05 09:03 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

They have now surrounded a house in the Harrow Road near Paddington and have sent in armed Police.
Lets hope they get these bastards soon
I have to say I am so proud of our police services today with the way they have moved so quickly to get these people.
It may be inconvienient but would we prefe the fear of being blown up or the arrests of these lunatics? so a few stations closed and roads closed is much better than people dieing because of these fcukers!
Every thanks to our sterling Police force for doing a blinding job today! Go get them boys and girls!

#390194 - 07/22/05 09:49 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

There have been shootings at that house apparently, no further news yet tho...

They still haven't said what happened with the guy shot dead this morning. No doubt the guy was bad news, but it was a hell of a violent response to someone they had effectively already captured...?!

#390195 - 07/22/05 11:00 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Especially considering they might have been able to get more info out of him. Now, of course, they can't.

But, I understand, or, I can see how in the face of recent events, a response like that could be triggered. Hopefully the guy wasn't just stealing a loaf of bread. Things are going to be nuts for awhile. Take care, Brits! We're pulling for you!

That may send a message to the terrorists that no quarter will be given. However, on the dark side, it might set off a wave of police lunacy that sees innocents getting shot. \:\(

#390196 - 07/22/05 11:07 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Base Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Presumably they knew he had a bomb and the ability to detonate it (ie, wasn't on a timer) at will. I just hope to God they knew that beyond a shadow of a doubt...

#390197 - 07/22/05 05:17 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Apparently I just heard that the UK Police have followed the example of the Israeli police by shooting to kill and this apprently is the policy they will be using from now on.
Also Ken Livingstone, the London Mayor, has asked the goverment and Police to get 200 armed officers onto the tubes as a request from the rail unions but I have a concern...Does this mean we should also have armed guards on our buses to and where does it stop?
We need to get on with our lives and this is not the way to go abnout it as much as it will make me and my family safe for a while but what else could it lead to?
Its pretty scary here at the moment I have to say.

#390198 - 07/22/05 05:52 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dan South Offline
10k Club

Loc: Metuchen,NJ,UNITED STATES
Wow! I used to enjoy walking through London. There was always the chance of being hit by a car or the extremely remote chance of being blown to bits, but you never had to worry about getting caught in the crossfire. Unfortunately, it sounds as though the UK is turning gun crazy. I guess that London is not quite like Detroit with a big clock tower and a wax museum yet, but it's not the city that I've come to know and love, either.

Isn't it ironic how the civilized become more barbaric as a result of dealing with barbarians? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

#390199 - 07/22/05 06:00 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Dan South Offline
10k Club

Loc: Metuchen,NJ,UNITED STATES
Quote:
Originally posted by Base:
Presumably they knew he had a bomb and the ability to detonate it (ie, wasn't on a timer) at will. I just hope to God they knew that beyond a shadow of a doubt...
That's touching, but it sounds rather quaint to an American. Police shoot and kill people here every day, and it doesn't even make the papers. I guess that we've become rather jaded, to say the least. I'm sorry that your safe, quiet country is under such strain.

For the record, I believe that the London police acted justly today. Many people could have been killed or hurt had they not shot the man. A suicide bomber is a rabid animal; you have to kill it before it kills you. What good does it do to try to keep it alive.

#390200 - 07/22/05 10:00 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

BTW, Base, Shars, and all our Brit friends...whatever became of that lady who was knifed while pushing her toddler's pram through the park? Did they ever catch the guy?

#390201 - 07/22/05 10:56 PM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Jimbroni Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Detroit
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Base:

That's touching, but it sounds rather quaint to an American. Police shoot and kill people here every day, and it doesn't even make the papers.
Only if they get away with it. If American cops ran down a suspect out in public, and then waited all day before making a press release(considering all the other stuff they did during the day) our press would blow it so out of proportion it would be the most ridiculous thing you'd ever see. BTW. Kudos to the London police force or Scotland yard MI6 whoever it was they have their shit together (sorry craig) unlike us.

#390202 - 07/23/05 04:47 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tedster:
BTW, Base, Shars, and all our Brit friends...whatever became of that lady who was knifed while pushing her toddler's pram through the park? Did they ever catch the guy?
Poor lady, she was told she was pregnant just after that happened and shes still in hospital paralised from the neck down and doing well.
They caught a eastern european man for it but theres not been much about it on the news lately.
They did do an appeal on Crimewatch not long ago for people to come forward so lets hope they are following up leads.

#390203 - 07/23/05 07:53 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Boy, in cases like that, if they were 100 percent sure they got the right guy, he should be sentenced to carrying her around for the rest of his life. Whatever she wanted to do, y'know...he should be her legs. "I feel like a 100 mile run today, get going!". "I feel like climbing Big Ben's stairs today".

Bastard.

#390204 - 07/23/05 08:01 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Shars Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I know what you mean Ted and I'm sure I heard they had to extordit him back to the UK and that will take time.
The main thing is that shes ok and concentrating on getting better, for want of a better word, and looking forward to the new baby.

#390205 - 07/23/05 08:03 AM Re: MORE LONDON ATTACKS THIS AFTERNOON!
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Yeah... \:\(

Cute avatar, BTW! ;\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >