Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

gig eq'ing of a hartke ha3000

javlock

i am looking for some advice on live eq for a hard rock setting. i play an ibanezsr3000 through a hartke ha3000 into a peavey tvx 410 cab. i am looking for a rex brown(pantera) sound and have not been able to find it on my own yet. any help would be aprecciated. thanx

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greetings and welcome. You ask a difficult question. First, are you using the same gear that this player uses? Second, have mastered his style? Third, is his tone the same in every situation? Every place, venue, and situatiion you play in will determine your tone. What you hear on a record...oops...CD or in a live situation by this player will have little bearing on the tone you are able to achieve given the same situation. I play an Alembic Series bass, and I'll be darned if I can sound like Stanley Clarke or Jimmy Johnson, but I have things I am comfortable with and that allow me to play to the best of my ability...such as that is :D

i was basicly asking for a starting point to achieve a low rumbling tone that fits well in a a hard rock context. i bought the amp 3 months ago and have been sending the signal dry to the club p.a. i would like to take charge of my own tone without depending on the sound guy

That is rarely going to happen for you, bro. Sit down and talk with the sound guys and express what you want. Get your tone on stage, because a sound guy has a helluva lot of factors to deal with and sending a wet signal might confuse the issue of your overall band sound to a point of no return. Plus, and I don't know what type of veuues you play, but bands like Pantera will normally have a whole different world to bounce around regarding sound systems than us little guys :D

Archived