Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M. Manring gigs in CO

Hi Folks,

I hope you'll forgive a little advertisement, but I thought I'd mention that I'll be playing a few shows in Colorado this weekend:

Friday 7/13 8PM

Boulder, CO

Chautauqua

900 Baseline Road

(303) 442-3282

Solo w/ guitarist Ken Bonfield

Saturday 7/14

Time TBA

Denver, CO

Prosound Music Center

7405 E Iliff Ave

303-751-7575

Solo clinic

Sunday 7/15 8PM

Ft. Collins, CO

Avogadro's Number

605 South Mason Street

(970) 493-5555

Solo w/ guitarist Ken Bonfield

Please drop by and say hello!

Thanks,

Michael Manring

www.manthing.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of you are probably familiar with Michael Manring, but if you've never seen him in person and you live anywhere near these gigs, GO! He is undoubtedly the most astonishing player you'll ever see. His approach is totally his own, and beyond the jaw-dropping pyro-technics is a deep, emotional connection to the music you won't hear from many people. I've listened to him for years, but sitting there in person is a life altering experience. I'm not kidding! GO!

------------------

www.edfriedland.com

Michael:

I caught your show at Bass Day La ans ever since I have been trying to get your recordings, especially the CD with the first song your played at BDLA. Where can I get your Music at? I've tried just about every store in CA by this date.

"Word to your mother"

I've just had the rather good fortune to see Michael play 5 nights in a row AND then get to go on and play a free improv set with him each night - anyone who can get to these gigs should go. Hugely inspiring music, with a great sense of humour...

Michael, you rock! :o)

Steve

www.steve-lawson.co.uk

How can I thank Ed enough for such kind comments!

I'm sorry my CDs are hard to find, Zujo. If I recall correctly, the first piece I played at Bass Day LA was "Monkey Businessman" from my record Thonk. Unfortunately, my solo recordings are all out-of-print now except for the most recent, The Book of Flame, which as mentioned, can be found at www.amazon.com, www.cdnow.com or through the Alchemy Records web site, www.alchemyrecords.com. Also available are recordings by some of the groups I play in such as Attention Deficit, McGill/Manring/Stevens, Cloud Chamber and Sadhappy. The long overdue update of my web site (www.manthing.com) is almost ready, so soon it will be the best source for information about what's going on with my recordings, concert schedule, etc. Of course, you are always welcome to e-mail me at michael@manthing.com if you have any questions.

And Steve the pleasure was most certainly mine. It was big fun to play with a bassist with so much skill and inventiveness who loves weird sounds as much as I do!

Archived