Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I want to write a song

Yep, just want to write a nice song for my wife or maybe my daughter. Thought I would come here and look around, maybe begin hanging out. I'm always in the guitar forum but want to expand a little and think about adding lyrics to my chord progressions.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

free form, put your feelings about your wife and/or daughter down on paper.

Just write, each thought on one line or a couple of lines.

Don't try to write a song or rhyme or anything, just put down your thoughts... te things that you love, the meories that you have.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT! Just let it flow, and let one thought seque smoothly to the next. Keep writing until you've nothing left to say.

Put the paper away.

Pull it out a couple of days later, and look it over. That should give you the basis for a real, honest expression that will be meaningful to the family.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I think it's nice what you want to do.

There's a very good book in the market to learn how to became a good, solid lyrisit. 88 SONGWRITING WRONGS & HOW TO RIGHT THEM. That's the name of the book, it will give you the guide lines of song writing. It's a great book!

By the way, I am a songwriter for BMG Ariola US Latin.

Good luck and do it for youe family

Archived