Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Teaser from Spectrasonics.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following the big thread on KVR, which as you can imagine devolved into madness.

Apparently on twitter they ruled out a few things, for instance it's not going to be a vocal instrument to go along with the fact that it's not a rhythm-related product (ie, DMX).

Best guesses I've read are: Guitarscape, or a few different effects plugins. They also said it's multiple products.

We'll see soon enough.

Been following the big thread on KVR, which as you can imagine devolved into madness.

Apparently on twitter they ruled out a few things, for instance it's not going to be a vocal instrument to go along with the fact that it's not a rhythm-related product (ie, DMX).

Best guesses I've read are: Guitarscape, or a few different effects plugins. They also said it's multiple products.

We'll see soon enough.

I"d be super happy if it was Organ-scape and/or Brass-scape. When Spectrasonics plugs those holes, it"s over.

There have been plenty of times where I have thought, perhaps instead of nickel and diming lots of plugin purchases, just go with Omnisphere. There have been moments where I've regretted getting Komplete, because honestly I'm not using very much of it--Kontakt being a very notable exception, and value added considering sales it wasn't *that* much more to get Komplete. I use the heck out of Repro and Diva and ended up getting Zebra 2 on sale, partially to get a huge discount on Zebra 3 if it ever comes out....but again perhaps I could have gone with Omni and been "done" :D

Another reason I haven't gotten Omni is that I already have Alchemy, a somewhat similar beast, and really don't use it enough (it's a very powerful synth in its own right).

Maybe down the road if I am ever happy with my gig rig and need to spend gig earnings on something :)

This seems a bit iffy to justify the big teaser hype thing though, they are not exactly cheap for add-ons.

I heavy-heartedly nixed the idea of Omnisphere when I took up an M1 Mac because I couldn't imagine using much of anything ELSE if I did. Its Instant Soundtrack In A Box. You'd probably keep a couple of fondly loved instruments, but overall, the rest would become almost secondary. The percentage narrows even more if you add Keyscape. Put those two on SSDs and you're covered to a near-holy degree.

It feels as if its either Omnisphere or everything else. I can barely climb a sand dune now, so the Himalayas are right out.

If its an orchestral suite, then triple OMG.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Pretty happy with what I heard, especially the Unclean Channel and other FX.

Omnisphere FX are the best in any synth out there, actually their MXR Phaser is so damn good it beats the Strymon Zelzah for that particular sound.

I just wish we could pump our other virtual instruments through Omni"s FX rack.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I kind of understand why they'd make something like this a lot of people getting in to being Media composers, but I have not need for something like this and don't see as big a market as their other products.

I was hoping for a new Keyscape adding some organ and tuned percussion. Maybe a way to combine Trillion with Keyscape from one main interface. Or a Keyscape add-on that has signature tweaks to the samples from Greg Phillinganes, Robert Glasper, Shaun Martin and some of the other Keyscape endorsers.

... Greg Phillinganes, Robert Glasper, Shaun Martin and some of the other Keyscape endorsers.

Off-topic, but I actually don't think these folks endorse Keyscape per se...they were just the "featured artists" in those YouTube product videos. I think Phillinganes and Glasper are Korg artists.

I kind of understand why they'd make something like this a lot of people getting in to being Media composers, but I have not need for something like this and don't see as big a market as their other products.

I was hoping for a new KeyScape adding some organ and tuned percussion. Maybe a way to combine Trillion with KeyScape from one main interface. Or a KeyScape add-on that has signature tweaks to the samples from Greg Phillinganes, Robert Glasper, Shaun Martin and some of the other KeyScape endorsers.

I'm blessed in that I have Omni, Trilian, and KeyScape. In case you weren't aware, from within Omnisphere's UI, you can open up and play all the Trilian and KeyScape sounds. If you go into Live mode you can stack 8 different sounds together (it may be 16 now?). You can split, layer, stack, slice and dice and so on. lol

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

BTW, during the video of Nylon Sky Eric has a 16-knob controller above his Novation controller. It's mounted on a very cool scissors-like stand to put it up where he wants it.

Anyone have any idea what that knob controller is and what that stand he's using is? Just curious. I've checked LoupeDeck and Elgato. It doesn't seem to be one of theirs (unless that's an older version).

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

BTW, during the video of Nylon Sky Eric has a 16-knob controller above his Novation controller. It's mounted on a very cool scissors-like stand to put it up where he wants it.

Anyone have any idea what that knob controller is and what that stand he's using is? Just curious. I've checked LoupeDeck and Elgato. It doesn't seem to be one of theirs (unless that's an older version).

I believe it might be this:

https://www.midifighter.com/#Twister

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Not getting these.

Omni has 14000 patches.

'Nuff.

Edit: even more with Keyscape.

'Nuff indeed.

'Nuff? ' Nuff?!? Was it 'nuff when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Not getting these.

Omni has 14000 patches.

'Nuff.

'Nuff indeed.

don't, he's on a roll

:D

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Been around long enough to remember having to buy the additional sound packs for Stylus and a ton of their old sample libraries (on CD! ) which are now included in both plugs.

Love Eric Pershing, Spectrasonics and Omnisphere, but there are enough smaller boutique Omnisphere soundset expansions out there that don't cost $150.00 each.

Highly recommended (and include samples): Lobby Piano. https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-lobby-piano. (not what you think it is). Triple Spiral- love this guy's libraries: https://www.triplespiralaudio.com/omnisphere-2/

Plus Spectrasonics offers some nice patch libraries of their own for $35.00

The Sky Verb was the thing that caught my ear most- would of been a great thing to include in the update, but Valhalla's Shimmer, or Eventide's Black hole can do the same thing.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Not getting these.

Omni has 14000 patches.

'Nuff.

'Nuff indeed.

When did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbour?

Nord Stage 3 88, Prophet 6, Moog Voyager OS, Moog Little Phatty TE, Crumar Mojo Classic Suitacase, Kawai US-50 upright, Beltuna Studio 3 and Fantini cassotto accordions

Not getting these.

Omni has 14000 patches.

'Nuff.

'Nuff indeed.

Right after the Japanese invaded Poland.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Not getting these.

Omni has 14000 patches.

'Nuff.

'Nuff indeed.

The same year John "Bluto" Blutarsky AKA John Belushi graduated Faber College.