Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Izotope RX 7,8 and 9

No affiliation. I do use some Izotope products, I like that their installation process includes uninstalling the previous version so there are no messy bits laying about.

They've had a promotion for a while now, buy the update to RX 8 from any previous version and get the RX 9 update when it comes out soon, no extra charge.

Despite the fact that so far, I've never used RX 7, my recent incremental transition to more analog signal processing while recording has me thinking it will become a very useful tool.

That, the continued progress in implementing AI and the "double update" slowly shifted my perspective. This morning, with 2 days left before the offer expires I pulled the trigger.

I've installed RX 8 but have not opened it yet. Down the road a bit, I'll update to RX 9.

I'm pretty sure I'll be using RX this time around, probably for noise reduction more than anything else. I don't foresee updating again for a good long while.

Anyway, if you are still using an older version this seems like a pretty good point to move forward.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RX's "mouth click" algorithm alone has saved me hours of editing time with narration. The noise reduction is stellar. It's a great toolset.

Noise reduction is probably the main reason I updated, that and I am planning on moving to Apple Silicon at some point in the foreseeable future. 9 will almost certainly be fully compliant.

Since I am adding more to my signal chain prior to conversion, there will be more noise. Making it go away will be nice.

I do also wonder if maybe there are ways of using RX that are completely wrong and sound interesting. Can't break something if you don't have the hammer!

I do also wonder if maybe there are ways of using RX that are completely wrong and sound interesting. Can't break something if you don't have the hammer!

"Wrong" RX settings are a sound designer's dream :)

"Wrong" RX settings are a sound designer's dream :)

Well, I'm more or less just a garden-variety weirdo but that sounds pretty cool.

iZotope announced RX9...go grab it!

Yep, got notification this morning. I may wait just a bit.

Yesterday, after considering all the possibilities and reviews I bought an Apple refurbished Mac Mini M1 with 16 g ram and 516 ssd for $929 plus tax.

My 2014 MacBook Pro does pretty well with 16 gigs of ram but reviews show the M1 is orders of magnitude faster. I plan on using the laptop for internet access, graphics, other stuffs.

The Mini will be a dedicated recording device. It should be here tomorrow, I'll be installing on that and RX 9 will go on there. My past experiences with Izotope indicate that all I need to do is install their Product Portal and let it run. When they update a program, they uninstall the previous version first. I like that, keeps things tidy.