Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland Cloud S-50 VST

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the English language is difficult and I appreciate the effort, but your post is unintelligible. The use of punctuation would certainly be a good first step in helping others understand you.

Okay sorry done like thanks mcgoo please need contacts from @therolandcloud?

You need to be specific in your questions here, but you will probably benefit from contacting Roland directly with your question.

From a non-native English speaker (who interacts with folks in 20 different countries) to another - you're better off using google translate and copy-paste the response, since your post is really unintelligible.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Hello Wong Music! Welcome to the forum! It might be easier if you use https://translate.google.com/ to translate into English.

I think what you are wondering about asking Roland to add an S-50 to their Roland Cloud software? ABECK has given you the Roland Cloud Support link to contact them directly, as you know.

Saya pikir apa yang membuat Anda bertanya-tanya tentang meminta Roland untuk menambahkan S-50 ke perangkat lunak Roland Cloud mereka? ABECK telah memberi Anda tautan Dukungan Roland Cloud untuk menghubungi mereka secara langsung, seperti yang Anda ketahui. (I'm using Google Translate).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I *have* seen multiple rumor threads over the last year or so about an S-50 being added to Roland Cloud, and some guys have made up graphics like the one above, which is probably further adding to any confusion.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I *have* seen multiple rumor threads over the last year or so about an S-50 being added to Roland Cloud, and some guys have made up graphics like the one above, which is probably further adding to any confusion.

Yes Hi motif Sure for have requesting please contact it's agreed

An S-50 VST? Exactly what for? I used one for a while. It was a knock-out. Nice keys, a fairly common Roland feature at that time. The editor was a bit rough, but it was also far ahead of the rest for some time, like a Mirage with fewer operating trade-offs. The GUI minus a monitor was a near-featureless mini-mass of buttons, U-20 style. The floppy-era library is still creditable, but its all over the existing Cloud. I'm sure I can hear some of it in the SRX series.

Its the same loose reason you never saw an actual soft-Korg 01W. The Polysix-y instruments before a have "vintage" appeal and the Tritons have a better frequency range with a lot of 01 in it. All companies milk their histories. Again, mark me as one who was glad to finally use his floppies for skeet. Praise CDs & memory sticks. :cheers:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

• 2 weeks later...
Unlikely to see this from Roland Cloud, but I'd find it fun - in a nostalgic way. In the late 1980s I co-wrote and played on several tracks for local media and industrial training films. The producer owned a Roland S-50, which I used extensively on the tracks. It's antiquated by today's functionality, but the S-50 had a sound - with its treatment of samples, filters and EQ - that resonated for me. Standouts were the woodwind and brass ensemble tones.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Unlikely to see this from Roland Cloud, but I'd find it fun - in a nostalgic way. In the late 1980s I co-wrote and played on several tracks for local media and industrial training films. The producer owned a Roland S-50, which I used extensively on the tracks. It's antiquated by today's functionality, but the S-50 had a sound - with its treatment of samples, filters and EQ - that resonated for me. Standouts were the woodwind and brass ensemble tones.

Yes hi

An S-50 VST? Exactly what for? I used one for a while. It was a knock-out. Nice keys, a fairly common Roland feature at that time. The editor was a bit rough, but it was also far ahead of the rest for some time, like a Mirage with fewer operating trade-offs.

Its the same loose reason you never saw an actual soft-Korg 01W. The Polysix-y instruments before a have "vintage" appeal and the Tritons have a better frequency range with a lot of 01 in it. All companies milk their histories. Again, mark me as one who was glad to finally use his floppies for skeet. Praise CDs & memory sticks. :cheers:

Polysix and its ilk were analog synths; 01W and tritons were sample based. There actually is interest in older sample based gear, though. Maybe there's no soft O1W, but you can get a soft M1 (its predecessor). But I think boards like the S50, Emax/Emulator/ Mirage, DSS1, can have additional appeal because they don't have the better frequency range et al or newer models. Instead of 16-bit, they were 12-bit or 8-bit, which gives them a different, "dirtier" sonic quality that can have its own appeal (similar to how people still like the sounds of mellotrons). In fact, UVI just updated their Emulator emulation, with their "Emulation II+" product.

One reason you see emulations of analog stuff is that you don't need permission/rights to do it. The issue with sample-based products is that the samples themselves were copyrighted recordings, and copyright protections last (much longer than patents, for example). So while Korg, behringer, or anyone else so inclined can come out with something that emulates a Polysix, the only people who can come out with something with the sounds of one of these old samplers would be the original manufacturer, or someone the manufacturer (or possibly other rights holder) licensed the recordings to. Though what's interesting about the fact that these sounds were external (i.e. on floppies rather than being built into the device) is that, in theory, someone could probably legally emulate the hardware (or a software emulation of the hardware) and offer that, as long as they provided none of the sounds. So then, if you happened to still own a bunch of DSS1 floppy disks or whatever, you'd conceivably be able to load in the sounds. Whether anyone would want to go to the effort to create an emulator if people had to be on their own for the sounds is questionable, though. But yeah, if the original manufacturers wanted to offer or license modern emulations of their old sample-based systems, that could be cool.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Whether anyone would want to go to the effort to create an emulator if people had to be on their own for the sounds is questionable, though. But yeah, if the original manufacturers wanted to offer or license modern emulations of their old sample-based systems, that could be cool.

This thread happened to jog my memory. Would you believe there are two Yamaha TX16W software emulators, both free?

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/433-a-blast-from-the-past (this is old, I'm guessing the Mac version is 32-bit so won't run on MacOS >10.14)

https://www.tx16wx.com

All the 12-bit dirt you could use, if any of the original sample disks are out there. I'm not exactly bursting at the seams to get this going myself.