Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg L1

This was on my radar as a cheap, light board with speakers that might have an action reasonably playable for piano. IIRC it's the action from the Kronos LS. I've never found one of those to play, but people do seem to like it (I've wondered if it might be as good as the action on their Vox Continental, maybe even the same basic action just with differently shaped keys). But it's been so long since that presentation that I'd forgotten about the L1! I'd love to find a board like this with speakers loud enough to play solo/duo in a wedding ceremony or cocktail hour. But that may be too much to ask.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• 10 months later...

Looks like they changed their mind and decided not to make the L1. No further info since the January 2021 video, whereas the other piano in the video (LP380u) has been available for quite a while.

AnotherScott’s point about the cocktail hour is a good one. Definite niche in market for sleek piano at low weight (probably semi weighted to keep the weight down) with very powerful inbuilt speakers. A great one board solution potentially. 

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

Yes i was awaiting it since Chucks original heads up on his channel.

Hoped as a lightweight bottom board maybe using lightweight Korg Kross on top on my light weigh Stay Slim stand. Thatd be probably 12 to 13kg and maybe 15kg to 16kg all up in bags.

• Like 1