Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cherry Audio Mercury 4

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great release for vintage hounds. The attention to detail is gratifying. If it was a Jupiter-8, my inner fanboy would probably leap on it. One-oscillators bug me because I have to stack them too often. Its not an issue with the Mercury-4, just a logistical choice by a grumpy old pianist.

I recommend their Memorymode highly (the Unison is a thing of awe), but I need a JP-8 for that famous reason: Because.

We'll see many reviews, but if you want an ample sound demo, listen for yourself.

mercury-4

Note the need for Rosetta 2 on newer Macs, but huzzah, that actually works.

I am too damned old to be this tickled by a synth company. :wacko:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

Have you tried Tal-J-8?

+1

Currently, this is the best JP-8 emulation.

Much more expensive than Cherry Audio´s plugiins though ...

I didn´t expect C. A. coming w/ the JP-4,- but now, when I hear the audio demos, I´m sure they have the code to come up w/ JP-6 / JP-8 later.

:)

A.C.

Lots of good Jupiter-8 emulations out there already. The Jupiter-4 is neglected, and has some similarities to the ProMars, but I think I like the latter slightly better overall. Yet the most famous Duran Duran arpeggios were done on the Jupiter-4.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Have you tried Tal-J-8?

+1

Currently, this is the best JP-8 emulation.

Much more expensive than Cherry Audio´s plugins though ...

Oh yeah, there's the TAL, the Arturia Jupiter 8V, Roland's Cloud version and IKM's Syntronik version. I just wanted for this to be Cherry Audio's. I took up the Memorymode and the ME80 at about the same time. Its not a full holy poly trinity until I include the JP-8.

All things considered, the TAL version feels like plenty, especially since my other two classic polys are also from smaller, labor-of-love companies. I welcome its native Apple M1 support.

If you make a layered pad from all three... your monitors pop, basically.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"