Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Studiologic Numa X Piano

There"s a teaser out there for a new piano coming out in october.

I found this on a Danish website:

There seem to be 2 versions with different keybeds (Fatar TP110 and TP400 wood) and cabinet contruction. 14 kg and 22 kg.

Link for Numa X Piano: https://orkestergraven.dk/shop/da/elklaver/9366-studiologic-numa-x-piano-88-8034141640650.html

Key Features

UX Logic with Adaptive Color Controls

Acoustic Piano sounds with Enhanced TRS Technology and Hi Resolution Spectral Interpolation

Electric Piano sounds with Physical Modeling of Vintage Electric and Hybrids

Hi-end Fatar hammer action keyboard

4 Zones assignable to internal sounds or external MIDI

4 Audio Inputs Zones Mic/line with dedicated effects

Zoom function to quick edit Zone parameters

Favorites storage

Global EQ: bass, mid, treble

8 Sound Banks with over 200 Factory Sounds

Specific controls for each sound that can be activated by the Zoom function

Wide effects section composed by Insert FX1, Insert FX2, Master Delay, Master Reverb

Audio over USB

2 Programmable sticks

126,5 x 31 x 12,3 cm, 14,0 Kg

Link for Numa X Piano GT version:

https://orkestergraven.dk/shop/da/elklaver/9365-studiologic-numa-x-piano-gt-8034141640643.html

Yamaha CP88, EV zxa1

The big question for me will be if it"s a better lightweight one board option than Kurzweil SP6, Roland RD88, Yamaha MX88 etc⦠Tired of hauling my RD800 around. I"m currently borrowing a Yamaha YC88 but that feels pretty heavy too.

Yamaha CP88, EV zxa1

Does it not have an audio/midi interface like at least one of their other controllers?

At this point I would have to seriously like something to buy a keyboard without one. It's a killer feature (currently using it on the modx).

I look at the ipad as a real integral part of live keyboard rigs moving forward, hopefully apple won't screw it up for our little niche market. I realize you can use one without having the interface on a keyboard, but it's just so very convenient!

Nice, and for me could have been the nirvana for the stage piano/synth/controller....BUT they left out a second audio output (not the headphone out) which, looking a the design, could have been incorporated.

Apart from that it looks pretty good!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Nice, and for me could have been the nirvana for the stage piano/synth/controller....BUT they left out a second audio output (not the headphone out) which, looking a the design, could have been incorporated.

Apart from that it looks pretty good!

Agreed - especially with the built-in mixer and audio interface. How can I send one mix to FOH and another to my stereo monitors?

Something important is always missed . . .

Hopefully, these new actions (TP110 & TP400Wood) will make their way into updated SL-series controllers with this new UX / more physical controllers.

Being an old fart I am looking at the weight. The Numa 88 is 31lbs ($1500) and the Numa 73 is 25lbs ($1300). The top of the line Numa X with wooden keys is 49lbs ($2000). Almost a 20lb premium over the Numa X 88.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

If and when it EVER arrives down under, I'll seriously consider it as well...just need to sort if I can work without the two audio outs. I was a big fan of the SL88 series...so it would be a major step up I think.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I wonder if the TP110 action is any less dreadful than TP100?

FWIW, web site says: "The brand-new TP/110 is a massive improvement of the TP/100 design. The TP/110 gives a sturdy keys control with an impressive bounce reduction. The new hammers ensure an extremely fluent and authentic feel. The Aftertouch is triggered by the hammers for a more accurate control."

Does it not have an audio/midi interface like at least one of their other controllers?

It does.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I wonder if the TP110 action is any less dreadful than TP100?

FWIW, web site says: "The brand-new TP/110 is a massive improvement of the TP/100 design. The TP/110 gives a sturdy keys control with an impressive bounce reduction. The new hammers ensure an extremely fluent and authentic feel. The Aftertouch is triggered by the hammers for a more accurate control."

It does.

Argh, I even looked for it on the site!

Well, that is excellent news. I'll wait and see about the action. A 73/76 weighted controller with an audio interface on paper sounds like a great thing.

I used a SL 990 from the mid-90s until a few years ago when it finally died.. Granted that was the TP-40 action but I really liked it.

The weight (~50 lbs) rules it out as a gigging board for me. As a studio instrument that rarely needs to move, very interesting, but is it competitive against weighted hammer controllers, using virtual instruments? The latter seem more versatile to me.

The 88 an 73 w/ Fatar TP-110 triple sensor weighted hammer action are way lighter, less than 12 kilos (the 73) and 14 kilos the other.

The 73,- w/ some support on it´s back,- fits nicely on top of a organ clone like Mojo Classic, MAG or Viscount.

A.C.

The most exciting part of this thread is the TP-110 announcement. TP100 fell short for me, but not by much. Even a small improvement might make it a top choice as a works its way into 73'ers from other companies.

Whoever decided to go with the phrase "disruptive ease" should be fired, rehired, and then fired again.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

But how good a controller will this be? Has anyone seen any presets or performances so that you can create a set list with edited sounds and keyboard splits?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

These new Numa X pianos sound very interesting, especially the 25 lb. 73 key version with the supposedly new improved TP/110 action. I have the Numa Compact 2X and, even though it's not a top shelf board, IMO it's a helluva lot of board for just $600 both in terms of onboard sounds and controller capabilities. Hopefully these new Numa X pianos follow suit, and offer similar bang-for-the-buck.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

These new Numa X pianos sound very interesting, especially the 25 lb. 73 key version with the supposedly new improved TP/110 action. I have the Numa Compact 2X and, even though it's not a top shelf board, IMO it's a helluva lot of board for just $600 both in terms of onboard sounds and controller capabilities. Hopefully these new Numa X pianos follow suit, and offer similar bang-for-the-buck.

+1. I recently posted in another thread about my recent search for a 73 key weighted board. I landed on the Dexibell S3, which I'm happy with so far. But this Numa X 73 would've been a serious contender. Fills a market gap between the Yamaha P121 on the entry level tier and the Dexibell S3, Yamaha CP73, Korg SV1 and others at the "just below 2k" price range.

Wall wart is definitely a "con" so it will be weighed along with action, master controller abilities (including folding in a usb signal) and possibly sound quality if I'd use its sounds live and not just use it to control ipad sounds.

Intrigued by the "four analog inputs" mentioned in the video. That sounds a bit like my old Proteus, which was a capable submixer.