Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Why Am I Still Paying For Guitar Player?

A couple weeks ago a Sweetwater order that normally only has to go south from Indiana to Kentucky went Indiana - Ohio - Pennsylvania - Ohio - Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Ohio - Kentucky. Thanks to FedEx my synth traveled more in one week that I have traveled in 18 months.

I just ordered some wire connections from Amazon they were in Tucson Az. & went east to Kentucky then back to the Phoenix area. Strange but true Fedex sending it 1800+ miles east each way when Tucson is 142 miles from Phoenix.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago I had a package that Fedex shipped from China to South Korea to Taiwan to Japan to Anchorage, Alaska and finally to my house in Michigan. I am jealous of that box. I've never been to any of those places.

Haahh! :crazy: Wow! :laugh::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

A couple weeks ago a Sweetwater order that normally only has to go south from Indiana to Kentucky went Indiana - Ohio - Pennsylvania - Ohio - Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Ohio - Kentucky. Thanks to FedEx my synth traveled more in one week that I have traveled in 18 months.

This kind of stuff is happening because of disruptions in regular shipping routes because of COVID-19 altering demand. If there were not enough parcels going from Indiana south your package gets routed where there is enough stuff on the flights/trucks... same as with trying to book flights on airlines.

We had to buy a new "ADA-compliant" dishwasher to fit under our kitchen counters because the ceramic tile floor a previous owner put in raised the and made the space a fraction too small for the first one we bought to fit... it took 4 months at the beginning of 2020 for the regular one to make it to us... we've been waiting since then on the one that will fit. A slowdown in shipments from China has disrupted that segment of things... one store's salesman told us "we can't get anything for you... nothing we can do... sorry" when we tried to buy a refrigerator and washing machine at the same time... when I pressed him he brought me over to the computer and showed me that when he typed in the models it replied "none available, restocked no time soon" for every single one he tried.

Final update . . .

It's August 23rd, and I still haven't seen the July & August issues of GP, nor have I gotten any of the replacement copies I asked for. FWIW, I first called about the missing July issue back in June.

Just to add to the fun, the October issue apparently went out on August 5th, and I haven't seen it, either.

I still think the space-hopping billionaires couldn't do any worse at managing the Post Office; what can be worse than no management at all, right? Make them compete with one another, and we might get at least one mail service that works.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• 3 weeks later...
Final update . . .

It's August 23rd, and I still haven't seen the July & August issues of GP, nor have I gotten any of the replacement copies I asked for. FWIW, I first called about the missing July issue back in June.

Just to add to the fun, the October issue apparently went out on August 5th, and I haven't seen it, either.

I still think the space-hopping billionaires couldn't do any worse at managing the Post Office; what can be worse than no management at all, right? Make them compete with one another, and we might get at least one mail service that works.

The problem at the moment is that the Postmaster General is purposefully trying to destroy the Post Office. He's trying to make it so bad and annoying that you do accept and prefer lesser service from those space hopping billionaires as a reprieve. That sucks... I don't know why they haven't ousted him, yet... must be some entrenched things to go through, while every day he stays more damage is done... but I'm assuming the present administration and their party as not as beholden to the special interests wanting to privatize the postal service, and I should know better...

I've never had any problems with USPS yet. I live right across the street from the PO and I have a box, so that eliminates part of the delivery chain. Now UPS is another thing I order a pair of running shoes in May and eventually cancelled the order and got my money back and ordered and received another pair direct from Asics. The pair I ordered in May arrived in July. If they want them back they are going to have to pick them up, I'm driving to Honolulu to UPS.
Jenny S.

I've never had any problems with USPS yet. I live right across the street from the PO and I have a box, so that eliminates part of the delivery chain. Now UPS is another thing I order a pair of running shoes in May and eventually cancelled the order and got my money back and ordered and received another pair direct from Asics. The pair I ordered in May arrived in July. If they want them back they are going to have to pick them up, I'm driving to Honolulu to UPS.

I'm with you, keep both. That one pair has already been written off, it's not worth your time to return them.

This happened to a Musician friend with a piece of gear, in the Spring, but I think it was a FedEx screw-up. She ordered a pedal, it never came, then it disappeared off of tracking altogether? She asked for a replacement and got it, then quite a while later, the original order showed up.

I finally got my July & August issues yesterday, in plain brown envelopes. The last person I spoke with was going to try some workaround, in terms of getting them sent to me? Whatever she did, they finally showed up. I still have no idea what became of the others?

We'll see what happens to the mail when holiday season hits . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

The problem at the moment is that the Postmaster General is purposefully trying to destroy the Post Office. He's trying to make it so bad and annoying that you do accept and prefer lesser service from those space hopping billionaires as a reprieve. That sucks... I don't know why they haven't ousted him, yet... must be some entrenched things to go through, while every day he stays more damage is done... but I'm assuming the present administration and their party as not as beholden to the special interests wanting to privatize the postal service, and I should know better...

True, and lamentable.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I finally got my July & August issues yesterday, in plain brown envelopes. The last person I spoke with was going to try some workaround, in terms of getting them sent to me? Whatever she did, they finally showed up. I still have no idea what became of the others?

We'll see what happens to the mail when holiday season hits . . .

Good Karma Winston! Glad the missing issues finally found their way to your door...

Speaking of USPS vs. Private sector mail and Karma, The Amazon Prime delivery van pulled up this evening and left a package on my door step. The wife says "what did you order this time?" I responded: "nothing I know of, check the name and address on the box" Sure as sh*t it's addressed to my next door neighbor! I'll take it over to him later when he gets home from work...couldn't ask for better timing for commenting on this thread LoL! :cool:

Take care, Larryz