Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

• 2 weeks later...

Announced my upcoming solo release, No Man Is an Island, today -- full album won't be out until September but I made a track available in advance with the pre-order on Bandcamp. It's a sort of Ben Folds Five-inspired anthem about overcoming my bitterness over my hometown rival's ascent to the fame I once aspired to, and it's called Table Flip!

Mostly a one-man-band production, but I got to reunite my old band from high school/college, with the other guys contributing some acoustic guitar, percussion, and backing vocals remotely (one of the guitarists literally just yelled his vocals into his phone and texted them to me). It's a lot of fun, and also probably NSFW, as a heads up... some four-letter words in this upbeat little ditty. :wink:

2177.thumb.jpg.ab45d53339a810d1cc8cdd42ec99cde6.jpg

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving home after a gig with the country band late one night I heard 'God Bless Texas' and thought it"s too bad that nothing rhymes with Nebraska. After some thought I found something that does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hzo9crqf0sl2c2/Back%20Home%20In%20Nebraska.wav?dl=0

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Thanks. We need to do a final mix (and I"ve heard Pat do a more inspired fiddle solo), but I"m pretty pleased with it.

We"d really like to put together a video version and end up on the big screen at Memorial Stadium. Not unprecedented as a Lincoln band had their Celtic rock version of an old version of the NU fight song up there.

That would be beyond awesome!

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• 2 weeks later...
Just a reminder that anyone with their music on Spotify I'm more than happy to add to the forum playlist. Also be great if more people started following the playlist. It's getting a few plays now but obviously the more the better for everyone involved :) Link is in my sig.

...and just as a follow-up on my last post, put out a music video for one of the new album tracks today, just showing me laying down all the parts in my studio.

[video:youtube]

Hey I have been in that room.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Just a reminder that anyone with their music on Spotify I'm more than happy to add to the forum playlist. Also be great if more people started following the playlist. It's getting a few plays now but obviously the more the better for everyone involved :) Link is in my sig.
Thanks for sharing this! I had missed the boat but will be following now. Great resource for hearing what we're all up to easily.

Hey I have been in that room.
That is correct!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

• 4 weeks later...

I found a tape of a recital I gave in 1974 as part of winning an American Guild of Organists competition. I was 15. My dad would've made the recording. No telling what the device was. The tape was a low-grade TDK cassette. All told, not bad at all. They're both very long and I don't expect anyone to sit through it. It's more about the documentation.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I got to do this string arrangement last week. Did it with Spitfire Studio Strings Pro...

Bésame Mucho

I just watched the newest Clint Eastwood western, Cry Macho, last night. This track could very easily have been included into the soundtrack of that movie.

Most excellent as always, Linwood.

:nopity:

I found a tape of a recital I gave in 1974 as part of winning an American Guild of Organists competition. I was 15. My dad would've made the recording. No telling what the device was. The tape was a low-grade TDK cassette. All told, not bad at all. They're both very long and I don't expect anyone to sit through it. It's more about the documentation.

Agree that the recordings are good. Didn't know this about your background, Ken. Thanks for sharing.

:nopity:

I got to do this string arrangement last week. Did it with Spitfire Studio Strings Pro...

Bésame Mucho

I just watched the newest Clint Eastwood western, Cry Macho, last night. This track could very easily have been included into the soundtrack of that movie.

Most excellent as always, Linwood.

Thanks Dave! There probably could have been a good chance of that. The girl singing (Tierney Sutton) did Sully for Clint.

Hey analogika
I was part of writing and recording this (four of us wrote the music together, and I'm on piano an organ):

I really liked this. Great tune and tasty arrangement. The video features mature folks to whom I can relate. Very nice.

Indeed, what a cool song! Have added to the forum spotify playlist :thu:

...and just as a follow-up on my last post, put out a music video for one of the new album tracks today, just showing me laying down all the parts in my studio.

Liked this a lot, Sam. You wrote something that's inimitably you, and yet extremely hooky. Very hard to do. Love all the keyboard work. I can see how the Wurly has become your musical center.

I have to be critical about reading your own lyrics from your phone for the video. I wish you had found a way around that.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I was part of writing and recording this (four of us wrote the music together, and I'm on piano an organ):

Loved this uplifting song and the production. Super tasteful keys. You and your collaborators always seem to evoke a vintage 60's feeling without sounding too studied or derivative.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Nice work all around Sam! You"re studio is well equipped. Love the vintage gear.
Thank you so much! I have a good time.

Liked this a lot, Sam. You wrote something that's inimitably you, and yet extremely hooky. Very hard to do. Love all the keyboard work. I can see how the Wurly has become your musical center.

I have to be critical about reading your own lyrics from your phone for the video. I wish you had found a way around that.

Fair enough -- truly, the video is exactly what it looks like, a snapshot of the actual tracking the of song, nothing staged or artifical (well, other than the goofy visual effect when I do that silly Moog pitch slide near the end). I read the lyrics off my phone when I laid down the lead vocal because... that's where I had the lyrics!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

• 3 weeks later...

[video:youtube]

This is a very cool production, I dig the vibe. Well done!

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

https://metapop.com/opossum-apocalypse/tracks/opossum-apocalypse-long-mix/180793

I played everything, recorded and mixed it. Acoustic 6 and 12 strings guitars, bass guitar, electric guitar, Korg Wavedrum (I played beats and looped them and just goofed off, it doesn't have any beats of it's own) and electric guitar with Fishman Triple Play MIDI controller. Pretty much all first takes, spontaneous composition.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.