Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need a template

picker

Can anybody tell me where I can get a drilling template for a Wilkinson 52.5mm(2-1/16 inch) Full Block ST Guitar Tremolo Bridge? I need to drill holes for a two-point trem, and I can't find a template online.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me where I can get a drilling template for a Wilkinson 52.5mm(2-1/16 inch) Full Block ST Guitar Tremolo Bridge? I need to drill holes for a two-point trem, and I can't find a template online.

Hmm, I swear I posted a reply here earlier today... ?

Is it like this one...

...or this other one... ?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

OK; I'll do my level best to try to help find a template, something you can print, or any useful information.

Hmm, that is a model where both fulcrum-edges are the same circular shape- as opposed to the Wilkinsons and their copies that have one straight-edge or wider oval for one of the fulcrum-points, allowing one a little more wiggle-room margin... So, I guess the center-to-center spread has to be pretty exact.

It may be worth noting that, if that bridge would retrofit a given model of Fender or Squire Strat, a good 'work-around' might be found in the specs and any templates for locating that guitar's stock stud-holes.

What guitar body are you putting that on? Are there already holes bored for the bridge-studs?

I'd just see if I could find Wilkinson online and call them or email them with your question.

Sometimes they make policy but there is still a stash of parts and some knowledge regarding the product. Contacting people has opened doors for me many times, highly recommended.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

D'oh... ! :facepalm: I was searchin' for info on a trem bridge with a 52.5mm/2-1/16" center-to-center stud spacing- when that is the string spacing... and I believe that what you'll need will be a cntr-to-cntr stud spacing of 56mm or damn close (it seems that metric to fractional-inch conversions and vice-versa are often rounded with a surprisingly wide margin in these cases; I think it's often up or down to the nearest 1/16").

The tremolo bridge that you cite should retrofit to Fender American Standard Stratocaster guitars from over a very broad number of years;

so, a template or specs that would fit a Fender American Standard Stratocaster trem-bridge, should do you well for this Wilkinson. I think.

If you need to locate the centers to drill for the two fulcrum-points, the two studs, they may well be centered on a square line 25-1/4" from the front (fretboard-side edge) of the nut;

a 1/4" from the nominal 25-1/2" line for the bridge-saddles (individual intonation adjustments blurring this later).

Center-to-center for the two holes will likely be about 56mm, or about 2-7/32". About

This template might work for you- note the six-point holes locations on one side, and flipped around, the two-point holes locations:

Tremolo Routing Template - Front and Rear Set for Traditional Strat, Stewart-MacDonald [ <link]

Best of luck! Post back about how you're making out, and if I turn up anything more, I'll likewise post back.

I'd just see if I could find Wilkinson online and call them or email them with your question.

Sometimes they make policy but there is still a stash of parts and some knowledge regarding the product. Contacting people has opened doors for me many times, highly recommended.

That seems to be extremely difficult when it comes to Wilkinson.

If you haven"t got the problem licked, try Wilkinson customer service. They"ve helped me out on product questions in the past.

Please DO provide us a link or at least the exact name to enter in a search for their Customer Service- and thank you in advance... !

Damn it- my links are dead. Apparently, his 'official' parts stuff is now just handled through websites like John Hornsby Skewes.

https://www.jhs.co.uk/

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Update: WD Music sells Wilkinson stuff, still, and my past experiences with their CustServ has been good.

https://www.wdmusic.com/search.html?q=Wilkinson+

Their contact info is on the upper right corner of the page: (800) 449-9348, open M-F, 9-5 EST.

Edit: here"s the 'Contact us' page, including email.

https://www.wdmusic.com/contact-us.html

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 1 month later...

Late to the question but warmoth guitars did some vids on wilkinson trems , they seem to know the ins and outs .

https://www.youtube.com/c/warmoth

Maybe ask them too if your still lookin

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,