Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

5,000 Posts?? Get a life, me!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it sure took me a lonnnnnnng time, but I've finally hit the milestone! :cheers:

Congrats. :thu: You're half way to the hall of fame.:laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Thank you all for your likes & kind words.

While I have the soapbox, I'll just say there are so many folks I've "met" here that are gone, departed, banned, AWOL, who I miss and think of often. I'd love to name them, but won't go there.

To those still here, and here now, I thank you for your patience in my sometimes naively captain obvious, sometimes snarky, sardonic tone. Every so often, I need to "drawback," find some kindness and begin again.

What better time than post number 5,001?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming :D

Here for the gear.

Thank you all for your likes & kind words.

While I have the soapbox, I'll just say there are so many folks I've "met" here that are gone, departed, banned, AWOL, who I miss and think of often. I'd love to name them, but won't go there.

To those still here, and here now, I thank you for your patience in my sometimes naively captain obvious, sometimes snarky, sardonic tone. Every so often, I need to "drawback," find some kindness and begin again.

What better time than post number 5,001?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming :D

Ha! I've tried being nice. Some people were fooled but not for long. :)

Somehow I've racked up a buttload of posts on here too. I do like MPN, there are lots of great people here.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I try to remind myself that when I approach the Pearly Gates, my social media post count is not likely to impress anybody. Volunteering to play piano for free at the senior care facility . . . maybe.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I try to remind myself that when I approach the Pearly Gates, my social media post count is not likely to impress anybody. Volunteering to play piano for free at the senior care facility . . . maybe.

If you play piano at a senior care facility, they might not hear it. You should play forte instead.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

If you play piano at a senior care facility, they might not hear it. You should play forte instead.

Now that made me laugh out loud! Thanks, I needed it. BTW, 4834 posts to go; I'm catching up fast.

Once when I was visiting my mom in her dementia home, their singalong pianist was away sick and mom volunteered me. I played through as many of the old songs as I could recall on the spot â Daisy, Heart Of My Heart, Bye Bye Blackbird, etc until I ran out of ideas. The nurse said, 'Just play 'em again, they won"t remember.'

It"s ironic that in a few years I might be sitting in some senior-care music room, and some kid"ll be playing 'When I"m Sixty-Four' to a bunch of us that may not even remember when we were sixty-four!

Here for the gear.