Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Charlie Watts died at age 80

Sharkman

ROLLING Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died aged 80.

The music legend passed away just weeks after pulling out of the band's US tour following an emergency operation. His publicist said in a statement: "It is with immense sadness that we announce the death of our beloved Charlie Watts.

"He passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family.

"Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also as a member of The Rolling Stones one of the greatest drummers of his generation.

"We kindly request that the privacy of his family, band members and close friends is respected at this difficult time."

Watts, regarded as one of rock"s greatest drummers, had a "successful procedure" in London a few weeks ago after a problem was found during a routine check-up.

Doctors deemed him unfit to join the rescheduled 13-date No Filter tour which starts next month, and prescribed him weeks of "rest and recuperation", The Sun revealed.

Watts joked at the time: "For once, my timing has been a little off."

I rock; therefore, I am.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest in Peace, Charlie Watts.

Love this, the Stones drop into a smooth groove and Charlie lays way back while percussionists do their thing. Then, he creeps back in and quietly takes over again. Beautiful drumming from one of the great rock drummers.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Rest in Peace Charlie Watts...

The Rolling Stones have been one of my all time favorite bands since my teen years in the mid 60's. Your memory will live on forever. You were one major/member/drummer of the best longest performing rock and roll band to date...

Take care, Larryz

HATS-OFF to a great, iconic individual and classic musician. Like a number of drummers from his era and genre, his band would not have been the same without him- and neither would the sonic backdrop to our lives. Long will he be remembered and loved.

zNScrYA.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• 3 weeks later...
ROLLING Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died aged 80.

The music legend passed away just weeks after pulling out of the band's US tour following an emergency operation. His publicist said in a statement: "It is with immense sadness that we announce the death of our beloved Charlie Watts.

"He passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family.

"Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also as a member of The Rolling Stones one of the greatest drummers of his generation.

"We kindly request that the privacy of his family, band members and close friends is respected at this difficult time."

Watts, regarded as one of rock"s greatest drummers, had a "successful procedure" in London a few weeks ago after a problem was found during a routine check-up.

Doctors deemed him unfit to join the rescheduled 13-date No Filter tour which starts next month, and prescribed him weeks of "rest and recuperation", The Sun revealed.

Watts joked at the time: "For once, my timing has been a little off."

snaptube vidmate

This happened at a hotel in Amsterdam. Charlie nearly tossed Mick out of the window and into the canal below. Keith Richards stopped him, but mainly because Mick was wearing Keith's jacket.