Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The newest member of my family

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: On the Gibson LP static electric noise issue I solved 90% of the problem by grounding the pot cover plate (as advised in the YT video mentioned above). I used copper tape to do the grounding by wrapping one end around the ground wire to the bridge and looping the other flat end over the lip of the cavity, then screwing the plate down (already taped on the bottom of the cover plate) to make contact with the ground. Worked like a charm. I will practice soldering a wire to the copper tape before trying to do the switch plate cover as the copper tape won't stick to the switch ground good enough and it will need to have a small jumper wire soldered on one end of the switch and the other to the grounding tape on the edge of the cavity. I'm a happy camper with 90% of the problem solved. I will do the LP Jr. after getting to 100% on the LP. :cool:
Take care, Larryz