Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you're tired of Van Halen's "Jump"...

Bravo!

UPDATE: A million salutations Bucktunes for exposing this treasure trove of brilliant mashups! I'm going through the list, they are all fantastic!

I second that motion - amazing!

If it's still up there, look for Han Navel's Job (set to the video for Jump).

I was a huge VH fan, mostly the first four albums. I dislike just about all their keyboard songs, especially the ones from Van Hagar. In a twist of irony, the guitarist in my band prefers them! :)

I'm having a bit of fun doing something a bit similar with a song from a band project. I was asked to "do a remix". Ok, sounds fun, not something I've ever done before...what I ended up doing is doing two brand new songs (as I was inspired in two directions), both using the original lead vocals and nothing else, one a different tempo (Logic successfully slowed the vocal without changing pitch). The new chords and instrumentation are completely different in both case under the vocal, the two "new" songs bear no resemblance to the original. Logic's Drummer has proved to be pretty easy to work with song sections, sounds pretty natural. Having a blast with this!

Now I want to experience a Van Halen-style version of "Your Cheatin' Heart"...

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I've been following Bill McClintock forever

He has created some of the best mashups I've ever heard.

One of my favorites is his Marvin Gaye-R.A.T.T.

Look for easter eggs in many of his videos as well....

YES! Here it is

[video:youtube]

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Reminds me a bit of the Aztec Camera version of Jump (this got airplay in Brazil in the late 80s)

[video:youtube]

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Where do people get the separate tracks from do make this possible? I"d love to have the stems from Van Halen.

Darren I was wondering exactly the same thing. There's a lot of great isolated vocal and instrumental tracks on this YouTube channel.

Another of Bill's that' on my favorite list. (FYI he spends a lot of time assembling these, tuning the track to match, tempo matching, finding the fun easter eggs to add and so forth)

Nice! Buffalo Springfield, Busta Move - and throw in some Slash, Def Leppard and VH to boot! Awesome! Looks like he threw in a video explaining how he does all this - - I'm avoiding it - I don't want to see the magic behind the scenes :-)

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Where do people get the separate tracks from do make this possible? I"d love to have the stems from Van Halen.

Darren I was wondering exactly the same thing. There's a lot of great isolated vocal and instrumental tracks on this YouTube channel.

In the last couple of years some pretty amazing extraction algorithms have been developed. I have iZotope RX (Music Rebalance) and and Acon Digital's Acoustica (Remix). These 2 programs do quite a good job of isolating vocals on many songs.

DigitalFakeBook Free chord/lyric display software for windows.